DOTNETNUKE integration with other portal technologies such as WebSphere portal

Does anyone know if there is anyway a portlet (WebSphere Portal - WSP) and module (DOTNETNUKE - DNN) be used seamlessly across the 2 portal technologies?  Does DNN support WSRP or JSR168 standards?  I work for a company that has introduced both DNN and   WSP.  We are now considering which technology should persist or can both.  Thank you for your comments.

0
technologyquest

I think they're two different types.  That will limit the interoperability.  You can certainly customize some web services, or simply IFrame each portal's content in the other...  If it is down to a "pick one" choice, I'm biased but I'd go with DNN!

Another portal candidate would be SharePoint (for its WebParts architecture).  And there ARE plans to include the hosting of WebParts in DNN!  Big Smile [:D]  That should be enough "inclusiveness" to bias your decision toward DNN.  If you must leverage the IBM coding in DNN, perhaps you could code a provider which DNN could host, which in turn could host the WebSphere code...
0
RLyda

Error-Creating Portal: DotNetNuke Default Portal
When I put out my DNN3.0.11 on the virtual sapces,I can't creat default portal,which error got from Installation Status Report. Am i have'n got the power to create the folder? Can i creat portal by manual? Thank you for your help....

Dotnetnuke portal
Hi, Can someone describe/ give a definition of what a dotnetnuke portal is/ does?? redmike55 Hi Redmike55 Check out this section "Introduction" on the dotnetnuke site. Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « By the way , the dotnetnuke.com site has taken a giant step forward with the latest updates. Jan O Jan O www.olsmar.com Has the description changed? DNN is now a content management system .. and it mentions nothing about being a portal system. Maybe it has always been that way. If not, that concerns m...

New Portal Always Redirects to Default DotNetNuke Portal. Please Help...
I recently moved my portal up to WebHost4Life.com Everything has seemed pretty smooth, but I recently tried creating a new portal www.newportal.com (just an example). But when I try to go to that url in IE or FireFox, it keeps redirecting me to the default portal. I know the domain is correct because I placed an image in the images directory and was able to browse to that image and it displays. I'm currently using 3.1.0. What preventing my aliases from working? Please help. Thanks. DJ For a new domain www.newportal .com you need to create an application in wh4L ...

SOwens Technologies announces new line of Security software for DotNetNuke Portal Software
Imagine encrypting specific fields in your database, based on requirements and the needs of your customer or organization. Now do it with a few lines of code and your using InCryptorIT software by SOwens Technologies. Read about our first product in our new line of software at SOwens Technologies.Steven OwensSOwens Technologies...we make the net move Shouln't this be posted in another forum?Do you know the truth when you hear it?...

Please respond me!My Dotnetnuke portal doesn't load and I receive an error like this below: The page cannot be displayed You will find that you will get better and more accurate responses if you  explain your (hardware/DotNetNuke) setup.~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us Not much to go on there Sama. More detail on the error message needed too. - Rob------------------s-i-g----------------------Remember! If all else fails... everything's failed!...

Upgrade a DotNetNuke Portal
Is there an easy way to upgrade an existing, working DNN 2.0.3 portal to 2.1.1? How do you upgrade all the custom modules to the new version without loosing any content? I've noticed a new key in web.config upgradeConnectionString. What is it for?...

List of DotNetNuke portals?
Hi all - I've been asked to do a comparison of Rainbow and DotNetNuke. The DotNetNuke site lists a statistic of 20,000+ portals - is this figure accurate? Is there a list (or even partial list) somewhere? Thanks! Phil I think you need to ask for a statistic on DNN host / framework installations....

URL to Portal for DotNetNuke
I've looked and looked (really I did) and need to find out an answer to what I thought was a simple question.   We're likely going to implement DotNetNuke for a few sites but each site needs to have their own URL point to there portal, so instead of:http://www.portalsareus.com/Company1http://www.portalsareus.com/Company2etc, I would like to have:http://www.company1.comhttp://www.company2.comTo point to the correct portal in DotNetNuke.    Is that possible, and if so and posted already on this forum, please direct me there.Tx.Carlton Sure it's possible.  That i...

A DotNetNuke portal for rent?
Does anybody know where I could rent a DotNetNuke portal as an experiment? I work for a small penny pinching company, and I think DotNetNuke could help us organize our work. Features I would need: - Allow our office manager to enter Announcements. - Have a contact directory of employees (about 50) with name, office phone & extension, home phone, cell phone. - A list of upcoming events. - A list of Help Subjects. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks. - Tim Sinnott There should be a variety of routes you could go with this. If you don't need to have your own dom...

Critique My DotNetNuke Portal
I have created a portal to showcase my works as an asp.net developer, and also to help demonstrate to my employer the potential of the DotNetNuke portal framework. I would greatly appreciate it if the community would take a look and let me know what they think. Please remember this was not to demonstrate the diverse funtionality that is available for DNN with custom modules but rather just to demonstrate why a person would want a personal portal. I will demonstrate the ecommerce potential in the next phase. I appreciate everyones feedback. http://schecter.bizRegards,Scott SchecterEntit...

DotNetNuke Portal Search
I'm sure many of you have seen a BeezelBot in your logs and are wondering what it was doing in your site.? The answer is at http://portals.my-asp.net/Search/ Stop by and have a look at our beta DotnetNuke smart search engine. If you don't find your web pages listed just click on the add link button More than 1,000,000 pages crawed, 10,000 + indexed DotNetNuke Pages Learn more about BeezelBots at http://submit.e-xpress.ca/BeezelBot/tabid/72/Default.aspx...

New Release: BGI SCORM LMS Portal v2.5.0 - New Certification Manager with WYSIWYG Certificate Designer
Brisinger Group, Inc. is very pleased to announce the release version 2.5.0 of its award winning DotNetNuke (DNN) Integrated SCORM Learning Management System (LMS) - BGI SCORM LMS.  Version 2.5.0 is a major mile stone for the LMS with a number of great new enhancements and a new certification management module which includes a WYSIWYG Certificate Designer, the ability to assign certificates to successfully completed courses and exams with a PDF Download of the certificate for printed certificate.  Below is a list of the updates, enhancements, and additions to this new version of t...

IBS Portal vs Dotnetnuke
Hi everyone. I am looking for a portal framework to use in my development. Can someone explain which one is better, IBS portal or Dotnetnuke? I'm not looking to start a big debate, just learn the chief differences between the two frameworks (if any)? Much obliged for any info! Al Al- As you may know, DotNetNuke (DNN) is a spin-off of the original IBuySpy (IBS) portal which was developed for .Net 1.0 and later reissued as the Portal Starter Kit (PSK) on .Net 1.1. To my knowledge there is no further ongoing development on IBS/PSK. Development is continuing on DNN with many...

Why Rainbow Portal? Why not DotNetNuke or IBuySpyPortal?
Hello. We would like to create a fully featured community portal for our county. In addition to advanced content management and administrative controls, we would like forums, an event calendar, a photo gallery, a file depository (downloads) scheduling tool, polls, classified ads, news feeds, a mailing list manager and more. In your opinion, between DotNetNuke, IBuySpyPortal and Rainbow Portal, which: a) is more stable b) is more mature c) has the best feature set d) has the most and best available modules We would like to choose the best product at the start ...

Web resources about - DOTNETNUKE integration with other portal technologies such as WebSphere portal - asp.net.dotnetnuke

CA Technologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Islandia , New York, U.S. CA Technologies, Inc. , formerly CA, Inc. and Computer Associates International, Inc. , is one of the largest independent ...

Six world-changing technologies that hit their tipping point in 2015
... technology advances of 2015 were the larger smartphone screens and small app updates. But a lot more happened than that. A broad range of technologies ...

IBM eager to share technologies with China's Internet sector
IBM eager to share technologies with China's Internet sector

AMD Discusses 2016 Radeon Visual Technologies Roadmap
... it until the first products implementing new technology are launched. With AMD’s GPU assets having been reorganized under the Radeon Technologies ...

Tencent to offer facial recognition technologies to external partners free of ...
Biometric Update Tencent to offer facial recognition technologies to external partners free of ... Biometric Update In an effort to improve ...

5 legacy technologies still in high demand today
Legacy technologies still in high demand today Image by Thinkstock If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as the saying goes. While technology continues ...

The Clash Of New Telcom Technologies: Will It Be Settled In The Private Sector, Or By Government?
The Clash Of New Telcom Technologies: Will It Be Settled In The Private Sector, Or By Government?

Apple products spur growth in force sensing display technologies, says IHS
Apple's use of Force Touch technology in the Apple Watch and 3D Touch in the iPhone 6S line is leading to growth in force sensing and other touch-panel ...

6 Star Wars technologies that exist today
By Cat DiStasioThe new Star Wars sequel had a record-breaking opening last week, proving once and for all the indelible mark the sci-fi saga ...

10 Technologies That Will Be Most Prominent at CES 2016
CES—perhaps the IT industry's biggest event of the year—begins Jan. 6. Here's a look at the technologies that will be most prominent at the show. ...