DotNetNuke Custom Module Testenvironment ?

I´m looking for a efficent test environment for own custom modules:

Actually I have to compile the module, load it into DNN each time
in order to check if it work.
I´would like to use a more efficient test environment similar to Java' JUNIT
or own webapplication that imports the custom module in order to check it
Does somebody have samples for such testapplication / classes ? Please
Thanx for a hint.
Greetings from Switzerland
Kagel
0
kagel

I use the configuration over at http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/ for all my custom module development
ChrisHammond.com
Engage Software
0
christoc
10/25/2004 4:22:38 PM
I'll either use the one christoc mentioned or Bo's at http://www.dotnetnuke.dk.
GMSS DNN
0
mikeh36
10/25/2004 5:35:30 PM
kagel,

Are you talking test environment (as in unit testing or string testing) or a test deployment to load your module into.
If you are looking for a test/development setup, then the two mentioned in the other posts will work fine.
If you are looking for automated testing such as NUnit, then there may be some that have the test code you are looking for.
Please specify which you are looking for.

Dan Tindall
0
dantindall
10/25/2004 9:14:11 PM
Dan,

thanks for you feedback.

My basic problem is: Each time I want to test changes
I have made on my custom modules,
I have to recompile them, to reload them in a DNN environment,
before being able to check if it works.
Thats takes a while, if you have a lot of changes.
So I´m looking for either:
a. Standalone (Test)Webapplication which tests presentation, business and data access layer
of the module, preferable with debugging functionaliy
This Application would basically replaces DNN as master application
or
b. an automated testing environment you have mentioned.
The last three years I was member of a developer team
who did the maintenance on a framework for C++ Application
Then, I found it very comfortable to have testing environment as follows:
For each framework class we had a testing class to do the automatic test,
Very useful for doing quick retests, before new releases, when time is short.
For Java Development we used JUNIT for the automated tests.
Now in our company we start using DNN, and we are looking for a similar tool for DNN.
Thanks for a hint
Kagel
0
kagel
11/1/2004 1:48:45 PM
Kagel,

for my module development, I use the framework setup that dnnjungle suggests (see other posts). I then manually add the module to my test/development portal to allow for debugging and testing. Once that is complete, I install the module in production dnn portal.
in the DNN 3.0 Visual Studio solution, there is a project that appears to be there for nunit purposes. I've not had the chance to verify how it is used by the core team, but it is possible to use nunit to automate the testing of the framework. Other than that, i am not aware of any other tools out there.

Dan Tindall
0
dantindall

Add custom module to dotnetnuke
When I try to add a custom module to dotnetnuke 3.1.0, i receive the following error: Er is een kritieke fout opgetreden.Input string was not in a correct format. This happens when I add a new definition to the module.What is wrong?thanks in advance Please refer to http://forums.asp.net/958230/ShowPost.aspx. You must put a value at the Default Cache Time.Angelos Xipolias...

DotNetNuke Module with custom? controls on it.
I'm having a problem with a module I'm building and its relating to some kind of control(server, user, html,web etc - I dont know the difference between them) that I'm using. First of all, what is the difference between server, user, html, web, and custom controls? ok, now for my problem: The Scenario: I have a DotNetNuke module which is dynamically loading a bunch of controls. This works fine. Two of the controls I have are Projex.Controls.TextBox and Projex.Controls.SuperTextBox A TextBox is a Class-only (.vb) file that inherits from System.Web.UI.TextBox and has some ...

how to develop custom modules in dotnetnuke?
Hello everybody, I want to develop a simple DotNetNuke module using ASP.Net and VB. Can anyone please suggest me web tutorial for developing the modules? Regards, Sharanya What version of asp.net?  Are you aware of dnnjungle templates which use codesmith?  How about the ATGen SDK, reachable via my signature.  As for ATGen, this works with myGeneration (free) and framework 1.1, along w/ MS SQL.   Chris Paterra Bo has a good site explaining how to set up your development environment (if you're using Visual Studio to develop). Hi, How do you develop modu...

Applying Ibuyspy/Dotnetnuke custom modules
Having administered a large IBS Portal/Store combination for more than I year (running smoothly I should say), I've increasingly come to like the CSK way of doing it with respect to multiplicity, skins, content replication etc. I know that the CSK hasn't been around for as long as IBS/DNN but how come that there are virtually no custom modules for sale/download (yep, I am aware of the Dilbert module ;)? Has it something to do with the complex architecture? I'll try to list a couple of integration strategies, hoping that the community will flag their opinions: 1. Rewrite an IBS module...

How to rectify unusual behavior of custom dotnetnuke module?
Hi All, I  developed a dotnetnuke module( download ), which worked fairly. I have datalist in the module. I added some more code to the datlist "SelectedItem" event Handler( I passed commandargument). after adding the code the rest of the event handlers are not working. earlier every thing worked fine. why so? if any body worked or knows the problem, please help me. I am using dotnetnuke 3.1. and dotnetnuke templets to develop download module. Thanks and Regards, Reddy...

New access tables for DotNetNuke custom module
I would like to add two new tables to my DotNetNuke access database but when I right click on Tables in the Sever explorer tree view there is no 'Add table' option like there is in the SQL view. Is there another way to Access tables to the DotNetNuke database ? Ehm ... Access is not sql. It is administered with MS Access. Just go to your AccessDataProvider directory, look for DotNetNuke.mdb.resources, right click this file, select open with ... (or whatever to bring up the dialog where you can select which program to use for this file type), and then select MS Access. Peter Peter Donke...

Integrate CMS.NET(Stephen Fraser) as a module to DotNetNuke!
I'm working on a project at my university. Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke version 3.0.13. Anyone have any idea, please share it with me and other people? Thanks in advance. Hi what is CMS.NET?McKelt Solutions are you talking about the contracting estimating software I think you will have to get some source code for that from the companyDylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com Hi all,I though that every one knew CMS.NET. Sorry for that. It's a content management system written by Stephen Fraser, and it comes with the book: Real World ASP.NE...

Integrate CMS.NET (Stephen Fraser) as a module in DotNetNuke!
I'm working on a project at my university. Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke. Anyone has any idea, please share it with me and other people. Thanks in advance. What is CMS.NET?View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 You can go to DotNetNuke forum, subforum Custom Modules, the same title can be seen there.>> forums.asp.net>> DotNetNuke>>>> Custom Modules  ...

Create DotNetNuke Module Failed Using VS.net
Hello, I am trying to customise a module for dotnetnuke. When i open the Dotnetnuke Visual Studio.Net solution file (C:\DotNetNuke\Solutions\DotNetNuke.DesktopModules\DotNetNuke.D esktopModules.sln), I got an error The Selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file. Why is it so!!! Can anyone help me. I get the help on how to customise a dotnetnuke module from http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/VB.NET/Creating-Custom-Modules/1 Your Help is appreciated..............

DotNetNuke Portal: Why nothing is changed after I customize the existing modules?
I am pretty new for asp.net and portal. Does any one can help me? I really appreciate. 1. I tried to modify some vb files for existing modules, i.e. register.ascx.vb, but nothing has been changed after I made the changes. I wondered if I have to compile it. How? I am using Macromedia Dreamwaver MX to edit files now. 2. I have an aspx file, it works fine, I created a new ascx file for new module and I tried to convert aspx file to ascx file for that new module but it didn’t work. The new module is on the web site but I got the error message. When it load the ascx file. Any idea? Y...

DotNetNuke Modules
Please use this forum ONLY if you are developing or have released a module. Please format your posts as follows Module Name: Module Function: URL to Module: IBSW Version Compatibility: Additional Notes:Kenny Rice http://www.kennyrice.com I am going to (try to) convert the survey module from IBS. xpdit is going to send me the code and I'll see what I can do. Module Name: Survey Module Function: Not sure, I haven't seen the original work and haven't looked at the code. I'm guessing it allows you to create surveys and track responses from users. URL: WIP. I'll...

How can I debug a custom module in VS from within DotNetNuke solution?
I'm using VS to build custom modules, but the instructions I've found so far, have me creating a solution that references DNN, and then uploads the private assembly. Which works, except that I would like to do debugging. Any thoughts on how or url to a good how-to? Thanks, David There are a couple of good tutorials available... http://www.tag-software.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=29 and... http://www.dotnetnuke.dk/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=104 Thanks Bryan, I appreciate your help. i posted info on a process i have worked out specifically for vs.net building on the ...

DotNetNuke Modules
Where can I find detailed information or tutorials on how to create DNN 2.x modules? Fernando Durán My favourite introductory tutorial is at dnn Jungle. There are templates and code generation to make developing simpler modules easier. I've found them a great starting point for DNN development. Try http://www.dotnetnuke.dk for development framework http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/Default.aspx?tabid=32 (guide and well used templates) http://www.hgworks.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=85 (handcoded toolkit) Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quali...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

Web resources about - DotNetNuke Custom Module Testenvironment ? - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Chris's Wiki :: blog/2014/02/24
One of the things that I want to do is move towards gathering OSlevel performance metrics for our systems, ideally for basically anyperformance ...

SSD Charts 2015: 60 SSDs - Samsung PM863 960GB - Charts > SSD - Reviews - ocaholic
In our comparison tables you find benchmark values regarding 60 different SSDs. Furthermore we do not comment the benchmark values. The idea ...

Adding Licensing to Your App - Android Developers
After you've set up a publisher account and development environment (see Setting Up for Licensing ), you are ready to add license verification ...

Improve Your Tests by Breaking the Rules
A blog post about JavaScript and Testing from Mike Pennisi at Bocoup.

Microsoft's Windows 8 Will Support Hyper-V
Microsoft's Windows teams are working to enable Hyper-V virtualization technology as part of the upcoming Windows 8.

-> ? : ? [List available commands( same as help )] abl baud : abl - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login my alerts ...

Card Data Siphon with Google Analytics
The introduction of EMV (Chip & Pin) payment devices in 2003 resulted in a rapid decline in physical credit card cloning in Europe. EMV technology ...

MADIS System Differences
... carry thesame data, there are some differences based on a number of factors(see the notes below). New mesonets are added first in the GSD testenvironment ...

Distributions
A note from the Debian securityteam shows a number of new initiatives and plans. The team recentlyexpanded by two while looking for up to two ...

Quick Start Guide - Developer Website
Step 1: Run the Sample App See how in-app payment would work in your app install the SDK andtry out its sample application. Step 2: Create ...