Customizing Module Help

I've seen some modules with on-line help and help dialogs. Example Users Online...

What would be the easiest way to accomplish the following:
Assume we created Help.Mysite.com ==> detailed documentation for various screens and modules installed or available at mysite.com.
Customize Help dialog for all installed modules directing users to specific tabs in help.mysite.com.
How can I add my own help links to third party PA's?
0
smartsource

The help access is defined in code, in the module's entry point:

MyBase.Actions.Add(GetNextActionID, "Edit", "", URL:=EditURL(), UseActionEvent:=True, Secure:=SecurityAccessLevel.Edit, Visible:=True)
MyBase.HelpURL = "http://www.dotnetnuke.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=452"
MyBase.HelpFile = "HTML.txt"

So you'll need access to the code to modify this. If you don't have this code for third party PA's you'll have to work it in another way.
I have not tried it, but it may work:
- Create a [SkinObject] (like the [printmodule]). This object should get the module's type and build a link to your help.
- Then define a container which includes this object.
- Assign the container where you want the help system.
I'm not sure if this is possible, as I said I've not tried it, but it seems ok to me.
0
vmasanas

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

Customize Help for Module
Alright. I know there is a way to customize the Help for modules. I do not want to use the Online Help option. I have disected multiple modules to see how they did it but I am stumped. Searched the database and resource files too. Nothing. Can anyone shed some light on this? there is a place to post a help url in the module definition is that what you are talking about?  (in 3.1.1 at least)Dylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com Thanks for the reply. Instead of redirecting the user to a URL, I wanted to use the built in help that most of the modules take advantage...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module
I am having trouble going from one module to another module. My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag: <a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a> I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new mod...

Converting an Ibuyspy custom Module to DotNetDuke Custom Module
Are there any instructions on what it takes to convert an IBuySpy Custom Module to DotNetDuke. .. What do I need to add or change. There is a developer whitepaper included with the DNN download I think or you can download the whitepaper at www.dotnetnuke.com. JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

customizing custom modules
Hi! First of all, I´m very unexperienced in developing modules, but trying to learn. I have downloaded some modules including the source. Just downloaded Scott McCullochs NewsArticle module. I would like to play with them and do some changes and modifications, but I do not really know how to do. Can you give me some advise on best practises how to do? I am using VS.Net but i´m still a newbie, and I don´t know how to set up a development environment for this. For DNN getting started tips for development, check out DNN Jungle. As for setting up your dev en...

Custom Module Help Text
How do you specify the text that appears in the help bubble next to a field when you create your own custom module? Thanks....

Customizing RDM module help
I am currently customizing my Resource Directory Manager for DNN 2.x Version: 3.1.0 but am having a spot of bother with CSS styles. In the ucsearch.ascx file I have added a document style called field. <style type="text/css"> <!-- } ..field { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; background-color: #FFFFCC; border: 1px solid #3366FF; } --> </style> In the search form I applied the style to both fields, <asp:TextBox id=txtKeywords Runat="server" Class="field" Columns=...

Add custom module to dotnetnuke
When I try to add a custom module to dotnetnuke 3.1.0, i receive the following error: Er is een kritieke fout opgetreden.Input string was not in a correct format. This happens when I add a new definition to the module.What is wrong?thanks in advance Please refer to http://forums.asp.net/958230/ShowPost.aspx. You must put a value at the Default Cache Time.Angelos Xipolias...

adding help to custom module
Hi every body, I am writing two simple custom modules, which I am going to post here soon for free. I am in the process of cleaningthem up right now and would like to add some help, which will be displayed in the context menu (like with the standard modules). If I look at other modules, there seems to be the possibility to add a help.txt or help.htm file to your module and then DNN will show it. But if I do it, DNN has not the needed menu entry. Am I missing something? Do I need to tell DNN, which one is the help file? (I would expect this actually) How do I do this? Thanks...

Help with custom training module
I have a custom module that I developed using the traincert video techniques. This module should be very simple: it only has one stored procedure that binds the results to a datagrid. I followed the traincert vids to a "T" and cannot get the data to return. The project comiles with no errors, and the install is error free as well. The only thing wrong is no data is showing up. I know the data is there because if i make a new datagrid and directly execute the stored procedure, it will fill the grid just fine. Stored Proc: "FieldsAP_TrainingGetCerts" Parameters:"...

Web resources about - Customizing Module Help - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Vliv VideoFun Editor – Video Editing & Sharing – Making & Customizing Videos with Graffiti, Voice & Music ...
Get Vliv VideoFun Editor – Video Editing & Sharing – Making & Customizing Videos with Graffiti, Voice & Music on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Best Android apps for personalizing and customizing your phone
... part of the song to use as a ringtone. You can either select it manually or select the numbered selections grouped by the app. After customizing ...

Google to prevent OEMs from customizing the UI on Android Wear, Auto and TV
Google is actively preventing OEM partners from adding customized elements to Android Wear, Auto and TV, according to a report over on Ars Technica. ...

Wired: Moto Maker Will Support Customizing The Moto 360 Starting In March
Motorola apparently intends to expand Moto Maker out to more than just smartphones. According to Wired, the company will start offering the ability ...

Customizing a Beautifully Minimal Android Screen
As someone trying to learn the ins and outs of UI customization as an Android noob, I often find myself over at MyColorScreen to browse through ...

Customizing the iPod Interface On Your iPhone and iPod touch
The tabs across the bottom of the iPod app on iPhone and iPod touch provide one-touch access to the contents of your iTunes media library on ...

Programming with Objective-C: Customizing Existing Classes
Describes elements of best practice when writing code with Objective-C using ARC.

Customers report long delays when customizing Apple's Mac Pro
Build-to-order models of the Mac Pro have seen significant delays in recent weeks, as the future of Apple's professional desktop line remains ...

Report: Batmobile lawsuit may have ramifications for customizing industry
Filed under: Aftermarket , Classics , Government/Legal , Celebrities While George Barris is preparing to sell his original 1966 Batmobile at ...

Tech Solves Another Minor Problem with Lock-Screen Customizing ‘Cover’
Fumbleless future.(Screencap) Get ready to be wowed by the power of modern technology to solve very minor pain points: TechCrunch reports that ...