Custom desktop modules to be Admin modules?

Well, I have to put some custom desktop modules to the Admin level since they are all used by some other modules.

For example:
Module A,B,C are common modules, while Module X1, X2, X3,X4,X5..... are not common, and X1,X2,X3,X4,X5... use Module A,B,C.
And I noticed that the way now DNN does with the admin tabs is similiar with normal tabs but they have no AdministratorRoles. And I also find that there is one file called admin.template in the portal folder. I can find all the definitions of the admin tabs. I simply do the same as what I find, the my own tab is there, the when I click, nothing appear.
I know I miss something, but any one can help?
Regards,

UnruledBoy
0
unruledboy

There is an admin bit in the desktopmodules table ... does changing this help?
Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads.

TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily
0
bobster234
9/30/2004 9:27:11 AM
No, I did set the admin field to be true, but there is no "direct connection" with the tab and the "target modules", since the admin tabs cannot be visually configured!
Regards,

UnruledBoy
0
unruledboy
10/2/2004 5:56:09 PM
OK, I just heard that dnn 3.0 will include this feature, that's fantastic!
Regards,

UnruledBoy
0
unruledboy
10/10/2004 3:45:58 AM
Here is what needs to be done, because I just dug through it myself and did it.

I did this using SQL Enterprise Manager. Try it any other way and your on your own.
1. Add a tab to the tabs table. The tab order field is used for display order. Set authorized roles to 0;-1; for admin and host. Set is visible = 1 and set the parent id to the id of the admin tab. In my instance it's 6. Everything else is self explanitory
2. Add a new record to the modules table. Tab Id should be the new tab that you just created. ModuleDefId is the Module Definition Id of the module that is going to be used for admin. Set authorized edit roles to 0; because both host and admin fit this role. Everything else is self explanitory.
Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?
0
DevilDog74
10/11/2004 7:18:10 PM
Fantastic trick!
Regards,

UnruledBoy
0
unruledboy

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

modules, modules

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Module in Module

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module
I am having trouble going from one module to another module. My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag: <a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a> I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new mod...

Converting an Ibuyspy custom Module to DotNetDuke Custom Module
Are there any instructions on what it takes to convert an IBuySpy Custom Module to DotNetDuke. .. What do I need to add or change. There is a developer whitepaper included with the DNN download I think or you can download the whitepaper at www.dotnetnuke.com. JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

Custom module / error handeling in module settings
I am working on a custom module, and I need to do some server side validation in the settings page/control of the module, and if the validation fails I need to show the user an error message. I tried to use the DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.AddModuleMessage in the UpdateSettings() method, but the messages does not show up, in fact DNN sends me back to the view page. I have also tried to use the AddPageMessage, but with the same result. In the view part of the module the AddModuleMessage is working fine and showing messages on the top of the pane. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

Is there a way to call a module from inside of your own custom module?
Is there a way to call an already uploaded module from a completely separate module? Yep. Depends on what you want. Easiest way is to add the existing module as one of the controls of your own module. You can then call it just like any other control in your own module (e.g. use EditUrl to format the link). ...

Custom module disables adding additional modules
Does anyone have any ideas why a custom module, after successful addition to a page, would them disable the addition of additional modules - core or custom? The history.... This is my first sizeable custom module. The code was developed as a normal web app and ported to a DNN module using the templates from Vicenç Masanas. The module works as intended. I am not doing anything exotic, just accessing database info, displaying it to the user, and processing input. I am using a few custom ASP.NET controls to display list data and provide a checked list box for user input. I did...

Web resources about - Custom desktop modules to be Admin modules? - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Free module - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , a free module is a free object in a category of modules . Given a set , a free module on is a free module with basis . Every ...

Popular Xposed module GravityBox now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Be sure that whenever the Xposed framework is updated to support a new Android version, the popular module GravityBox is to follow. It has been ...

Samsung's first 128 GB DDR4 RAM modules for servers go into production
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of the industry’s first "through silicon via" (TSV) 128GB DDR4 memory modules for high-end ...

Panasonic Quickly Beats SolarCity’s Solar Module Efficiency Record
... Now, less than a week later, Panasonic says it has trumped that achievement. A [&hellip Panasonic Quickly Beats SolarCity’s Solar Module Efficiency ...

Jiangsu Aide Solar Energy Technology sees booming orders for PV modules
Jiangsu Aide Solar Energy Technology, Taiwan-based rectifier diode maker Pan Jit International's PV module subsidiary maker based in eastern ...

Intel throws its tiny Curie module in an Arduino board
The low-power Curie from Intel helps developers quickly prototype a device with turn-key access to Bluetooth, a six-axis sensor with gyroscope ...

Intel Unveils Arduino Development Board Featuring Curie Module
The board, which will be called Arduino 101 in the United States, will be marketed to students in elementary and secondary schools.

This Is What the Orion Service Module's Propulsion System Looks Like
... You’re looking at a model—though sadly, not a working one—of the propulsion systems that will power the Orion European Service Module (ESM). ...

Absurd Clock uses Twelve ESP8266 Modules
Quick quiz: How many ESP8266 modules do you need to make an LED clock? Hint: a clock displays 12 hours. Nope! Twelve is not the answer. But ...

UFO Hunter Spots Military Alien UFO Stalking Apollo 17 Lunar Module On Moon’s Surface
A YouTube UFO hunter says he has spotted a UFO stalking the 1972 Apollo 17 mission lunar module on the Moon’s surface. According to the prolific ...