Conversion of a DNN Access database to SQL database

We have an Access version of the Dot Net Nuke database.  We are upgrading to a server with SQL.  We'd like to transfer the content from the Access database to the SQL database.

Is this possible? Is there a utility available for this conversion. What should we be aware of as we try this?
0
TimColton

Take a look at

http://www.freelance.supertoddler.com/Default.aspx?tabid=37
Rob

Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads.

TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily
0
bobster234
10/20/2004 8:33:33 AM
Thank for your excellent process!  I was able to successfully move the data.

I did have problems with a couple of tables. When transferring the data from the upgraded Access tables to the native SQL tables using your script, I got errors on the Announcement, Documents, Links, and Portals tables.
For the first three tables, the problem involved the "Clicks" field. This field was null in the source table and nulls are not allowed in the destination table. Since the default for the field is zero, I simply set the value of the field to zero in the source table.
The problem with the Portal table involved the GUID column. Again it was null in the source table and nulls are not allowed in the destination table. The fix was similar to the other tables. I put a GUID in the source table GUID column.
After making these minor edits, I re-ran the transfer script. Everything seems to be working fine.
Thanks again.
-Tim
0
TimColton

Access Database and SQL Server database
Hi, I have an access database server and a sql server DB. The  Structure of both DB is same . The data is updated or inserted in access DB. I want to update SQL Server DB on a any event say button click. All updated data or new data in access DB should be reflected on SQL Server DB . Can anyone guide on the approach to be attempted. Thanks   Mark this as an answer if you find my it helpful.Thanks,Anubhuti ONe approach would be to use the System.Data.OleDb library and store connection strings for each database in your web.config file.  Each time you need ...

migrate access database to sql anywhere database
I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft Access database to SQL Anywhere database. Has anyone done this? I would like to use this database in sql anywhere to utilize the native drivers. Thankyou in advance david You can use the pipeline to migrate all tables. If you have a tool like Powerdesigner, you can reverse engineer the database structure. BTW, SQLAnywhere uses ODBC. There are no native drivers. Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) David Bowles <davidb@goodnet.com> wrote in article <34738A77.2C758640@goodnet.com>... > I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft ...

Converting Access database to the Sql Server database
how can I convert or transfer my Access database to SQl Server database ? Thanks in advance.HighOnCodingWanna get high! Try "the Upsizing wizard". Look in Access help...

updating Sql database from linked Access database
I got thrown into a new project that is going to require me to update an SQL server database tables from an Access table on the backend of an Oracle database on another server. At the end of each day the Access dabase will be updated from the Oracle database. What I need to do, is when the Access database is updated I need to have the table in the SQL database automaticaly updated. When a new record is added to the Access table I need the new record added to the SQL table. When a record is deleted in the Access table I need to keep that record in the SQL table and set a field to a value (...

How can I update a SQL database with an Access database
I need to update an SQL database with an access database that is built on queries.  I need to do this nightly.   Can someone explain how to write the query for this and then I could add it to my nightly maintenance.   Thank you DeeDarlene D. Murphydeemurphy_us@yahoo.com you can reference your Sql Database through Access either with linked tables or ADO.  As long as you have update rights on the Sql Tables, you can use your Access queries to update the Sql tables.Good Luck and happy programming!Let's build community! If my post helped you, mark it as the Answ...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

how to access other database in this database ?

Can you convert access database data over to an SQL Database?
I would like to start using SQL, how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? Q.Xykal:how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? In Access, there is an upsizing/conversion tool you can run to create an equivalent SQL Server DB.Atlernatively you can also use SQL Server to import all the tables/data from Access.  This is very good news. Thank you....

Transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database
Hi All, can anyone please help me to transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database? I have access database file, can I also directly convert it into a sql database file? You can upsize your Access database to an SQL Server database (In Access, Tools>>Database Utilities>>Upsize Wizard.... follow the screen. Or you can use SQL Server's Import and Export wizard to import your access database to SQL Server.   You cannot convert your Access database file to SQL Server data file directly.Limno  Read this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/23...

COnverting SQL SERVER 2000 Database into Access database
Hi, How can I import SQL Database 2000 into Access database. I have created a SQl script file of my database. thanks, bye,HighOnCodingWanna get high! the SQL Script isn't that much use in this case - use DTS to export the DB from SQL to AccessRTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS whats the DTS can u explain me please ??HighOnCodingWanna get high! Data Transformation Services - the primary way of miporting and exporting data to and from SQL Server - I assume you've installed the SQL Server Client...

upload image to MS Access database or SQL database
howto upload image, picture,files or binary into the MS Access database or SQL database? and how to read the image, picture, files or binary from the MS Access or SQL database? Anyone have any idea or sample script?Thanks & Regards--"Don't just always label good or bad about something, always have something is invisible from nude eyesight. " Below link could helps you for your question http://authors.aspalliance.com/das/insertimage.aspxSreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thank You sreedhark This also http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/fileupload.a...

Error 7405 accessing SQL Server database by database link
I'm persistently getting the above error when executing a stored procedure that uses a dabase link to another SQL Server database. I can run the procedure in MS SQL Server management studio fine. I'm setting ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS ON before creating the procedure. Procedure code: SET ANSI_NULLS ON SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[SSP_WAR_RPT_MANUAL_RECLAIM] @adt_sbi_from datetime, @adt_sbi_to datetime, @as_vendor varchar(15) output, @as_campaigns Char(1) AS BEGIN SET ANSI_NULLS O...

Need help switching from MS Access database to SQL database
I recently created a form to MS access database web application and it worked fine on my local cpu.  When I published the same web app to my hosting server the program wouldn't work but I couldn't understand.  Well, after researching the matter I found out my hosting server doesn't allow ASP.NET applications that use the aspcompat page directive because of security trust levels.  So, I decided to switch to a SQL database but I can't even test the web application on my local cpu because I get this error "An error has occurred while establishing a connection...

Backing up the sql database(*.bak) and restoring the Database in VB.net
Hi There, I want to know how to backup and restore database from VB.net. ie I am trying to put two buttons on my form, Backup and Restore. When I click on Backup a Backup of the SQL Database with extension of *.bak is created. Similarly when I click on restore and select a database with *.bak extension it should restore that database. I saw a software where it created a backup of Sql database with extension of .zip containing the bak file which is password protected. when u restore the database it automatically gets unzipped and the database is restored. Can anyone help me. Thanks in advan...

Web resources about - Conversion of a DNN Access database to SQL database - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Conversion (law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its criminal counterpart is theft . Examples are seen in cases where trees are cut down and the lumber hauled from the land by someone not having ...

Family of Enrique Marquez unaware of his 2014 marriage, conversion to Islam
The family members of Enrique Marquez, the man linked to the San Bernardino massacre, said they were unaware he was married or that he had converted ...

Effective Strategies for Increasing E-Commerce Conversions
... tips for improving your ecommerce strategy and related outcomes. Social signals are a powerful tool for engaging users and increasing conversion ...

Christmas Verse: A tale of conversion or, as Christians view it, re-birth
The Journey of the Magi, T. S. Eliot 'A cold coming we had of it, Just the worst time of the year For a journey, and such a long journey: The ...

Revisiting Carlos Martinez's rotation conversion
... thanks to his pitch mix, then it sure sounded like it could be possible. Now, almost a full year later, I wanted to revisit Martinez's conversion. ...

Dow to Force Conversion of Buffett Preferreds If Rally Holds
Bloomberg Dow to Force Conversion of Buffett Preferreds If Rally Holds Bloomberg Dow Chemical Co., which has been paying $255 million annually ...

​Judge orders N.J. "gay conversion" nonprofit to close
Jews Offering New Alternatives for Healing, known as JONAH, ordered to cease operations within 30 days

Eight Christians acquitted of forced conversion in India
Eight Christians who were accused of forcibly converting a Hindu have been acquitted by a court in India according to Asia News.

Council votes to ban gay 'conversion' therapy in Cincinnati
Cincinnati follows four states and the District of Columbia banning the therapy, becoming the first city outside D.C. to do so.

Solar Frontier Pushes CIS (aka CIGS) Thin Film Solar Envelope With New Conversion Record, Factory Model ...
Japan's Solar Frontier comes up with a killer combo, a new low cost thin film solar manufacturing model and a new solar conversion efficiency ...