Best file upload/download module for large file

Hi,

i need a module for uploading and downloading file froma dnn 2.x or 3.x site.
I would like to know if is there some module that is able to transfer large file (1GB or more)
Thanks in advance
Stefano
0
delfo

Speerio has a very nice module called file manager pro.  He is working on the new version and it looks awesome.  (Been beta testing)  As for a 1 GB file, the best way to handle this is FTP.  In my opinion, anything even near 50 MB or greater should only be transfered this way.  Any module that would be able to support a large upload like this would need to open a new thread and run as a background process, otherwise your request would time out.
Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
3/8/2005 2:32:06 PM
The problem that you can more often find is legacy to the application timeout and server timeout during upload.  If you have need not often to upload large files on server you can make a upload through ftp and manually write the "Files" table on the DB in order to make to find it from DNN in the connections to the rows.

Ciao Cetalfio
0
davoobe
3/8/2005 7:48:38 PM
You can find some libraries on GotDotNet. They even have a progress indicator.

I've tried one of them (Sunrise, I think) but be very careful on what you do with it on your code. It's based on a HttpModule, so every get/post is passigin throught the module=additional overhead. Also one of the modules rises a lot of exceptions...
Catalin
0
cmaican

Error uploading large content files with File Manager in DotNetNuke 2.0.4
Hi, I'm trying to upload a large zip file (80 meg) using DotNetNuke 2.0.4 file manager so I can list it in the Documents module. After I've browsed to the file and click Add, it takes a while to load and then displays a "Page Cannot be Displayed" page with a "Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer" error at the bottom of the page. I've tried uploading a 3 meg zip file and this works fine. I've tested it on a local installation and web installation and get the same error for both. I've also tried ftping the file into the portal directory where the file...

upload files and downloading a pdf file
what data type am i going to put to my uploadedFiles column in my database... uploaded files are in document format or .txt  also.. how can i make those files converted into pdf files.. also enable users to download it.. tnx!!! forums.asp.net = "great help"red is the name What kind of database? With SQL Server, its an Image datatype.  If you want ot convert it to a PDF, you need to look at third party add-ons.  There is nothing in the .NET Framework that handles PDFs specifically. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site varbinary is the datatype you wis...

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

What is the best ( faster) way for uploading Large Excel File(>150 MB) using VB.NET
Hi folks, I want to upload the very large size ( > 150 MB) excel file to the web server.. What is the best and faster way for this functionality. I know how to upload the normal size file .. just by changing the byte size in web.config file. But here i want the faster way to upload. Please help.  thanks in advance. Hi, I recommend using ftp. Hope it helps   ===================================================== Please don't frorget to mark as "Answered" if it helps. Thanks Hi Hanuman_guntupalli, I agree with Stoian Bucovich's advic...

File Upload Problem
Hi Everyone,I was grateful to be able to download the code for uploading files into a folder from Sreedhar's web page. The code works well, but whenever there is another new file with the same file name being uploaded into the destination folder, the old file will be replaced. I am wondering if there is any way to solve this problem (How about adding a number to the new file's name, e.g. File1.doc, if there is an existing File.doc?) I am an absolute beginner and any help is deeply appreciated.The original code is as follows: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterP...

Cannot upload large files using File manager
Can any one help? I try to upload some files that are big? >4MB using the file manager and it always result in server time out. I have no problem uploading small files. How can I upload large files into a portal? Have a look at this thread, I made the changes to my web.config file and was able to upload files over 25MB files uisng the File Manager in 3.2.0http://forums.asp.net/1136858/ShowPost.aspx ...

upload file by file
hi all,   we have project, local in server, more then one people do the update, let's say, if all file local in test, I did the modify in local and build and upload the whole test file into service, it work fine. but if I only upload helloone.aspx. and its Vb file (under test) into service, it did not work( the VB code) , is that a way to only upload file by file to service, thank you   If I understand your problem correctly, I think the problem that you may be having is that after pages are compiled locally they are not being compiled for the entire site.  I would su...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

large file downloads through DotNetNuke
Greetings! At my work, I was able to convince them that DotNetNuke was a good solution to run thier Beta Community. so, people that partipate in Beta and Pilor programs for our prodducts come to our DotNetNuke powered portal to talk to each other, download new buils and other stuff. One fo the files people need is around 80megs. IF anyone has used the Documents Module to provide users with a way to download files, you may have noticed it chokes on large files. The fix is pretty easy....you need to modify /admin/portal/linkclick.aspx this is the guy that actually writes the f...

Large File Upload Module?
Something we are in dire need for is a large file upload capability with progress bar preferably. I am amazed that this has not been done yet. I would buy one if I could find a reasonably priced one. ABC upload is very expensive beyond a single domain (they do have a free version if you post credits but that is a pain and not possible in every situation). Is anyone working on this? I have got my code working for this large-file uploader-thing with progress-bar thing, working with multiple files. I still need to add Mac support, as Apple always likes to be different (and expensive)...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

does anyone know how to upload file and download file?( uplaod data from online site and be able to download by offline site)
for example there in an offline and online website. how can i upload data from the masterfile or database to USB using the online website......(data form the database is converted to csv file) and when the data was uploaded USB by online .data from USB is uploaded to the offline site. Actually i dont have any idea about it...or where to start.. any links?tips?advice?examples?I badly needed it..... Im using Webdeveloper 2005 for the online.and its perfectly working already...can generate csv files and etc.... database is complete also... NOw for the offline Im using VB 6....

Large file giving error in file upload control
Hi, I am using file upload to upload files. But when i upload files with size 3MB or more, error page is displayed as page cannot be refreshed. Is there any solution to upload file with larger size. Thanks in advance Rohit Hi,You might want to check thishttp://darrenjohnstone.com/2007/06/02/writing-an-aspnet-file-upload-module/ Mehedi HasanMark as answer if the post meets your requirement! By default, Asp.net only allows 4 mb of request length. To modify this, go to the web.config file and enter the below <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="100000"/> the value of ma...

File Upload routine & File download routine
Two questions. For both, Asp.net with vb.net codebehind. #1. Given the following (1) a web form with an upload file control, (2) a string variable SocialSecurityVar that holds a 9-digit social security number that is fetched from the session state, and (3) a string variable ExtVar with no initial valuehow would i code a routine as follows:1. user clicks browse2. user selcts a file to upload to server, clicks ok3. routine reads string variable SocialSecurityVar (say from form or session state) and in a pre-existing direcotry named \DOCS searches for the subdirectory named \DOCS\XXXXXXXXX wher...

Web resources about - Best file upload/download module for large file - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Download to Donate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download to Donate is a program by Music for Relief , a non-profit organization established by Linkin Park in 2005 to help victims of natural ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
Dropify launched in January, integrating with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

CrowdMob’s Mafia Location Game Harnesses Facebook Places to Drive Downloads
Even though Facebook likely has around 700 million users now, it actually isn’t often that we hear the social network is a major driver for user ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Hey Siri, download Cortana to my iPhone later today, would you?
... , Cortana iPhone , Siri For more news on Apps , Siri , and Cortana continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Hey Siri, download ...