Another wierd occurence. DNN modules fail on one machine and work on another.

I am working with a patner to add content to a couple of portals.

I created a tab for just the 2 of us as admistrators for file storage, calendar, tasks, etc.
Every module on the page fails for him on his PC and returns server errors but works great from my PC. We are working only a few miles apart.
Examples:
clicking on an image in the free simple image gallery does nothing.
clicking on a download in the free downloads module returns a server error.
creating an event and trying to enter multiple dates returns a server error.
Every once in a while he can't even get to the web site without a server error but it works fine from my computer. We both use the same browser version.
I have reported every web outage he has seen to the hosting company and they have seen no server problems.
Anyone have a clue why this is happening? Could it be a DNS issue? Should I start from scratch and delete everything and start over?

0
simonduz1

Simon,

I've seen this happen with personal firewalls specifically Norton Internet Security.
I believe it is to do with blocking headers/cookies etc.
Hope this helps,
Pete.
www.garyga.com
0
pgaryga
5/6/2004 4:51:34 PM
Ahhh.  I see said the blind man.

This fits the quite well. I am behind a NAT router, he is using software firewall.
I will have to investigate further.
0
simonduz1
5/6/2004 5:16:57 PM
forgot to mention.  Love your modules and would like to see some for Ver2

Also this is a bit off topic.
Have you heard of anyone using the homeseer pluggin you have on your site for home theater purposes. I have not seen much homeseer material mentioned over at www.AVS.com
thanks.
0
simonduz1

Same web service reference working on one machine, failing on another
Hi, I am having a problem with a web service reference. I reference a web service and on my local machine it works fine. When I copy it onto another machine the web service isn't found. I get: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://tempuri.org/BuildTitle.I have checked the properties of the web reference and it points to the right place in both cases. I can see the web service when I use a browser from the machine it is failing on. I thought it might be my machine.config but other projects on this machine are able to reference the same web service. I am at a c...

Session fails to work on one server but works on another... (same project)
Ok, I have a strange problem, I use session on one computer and it works, however using the same project on another computer makes the session fail...  Im assigning an object to the session and yes, its set to serialize...   What could be the reason for this kind of behaviour?  check how much RAM the other machine has. If available RAM is too low then asp worker process get recycled, and you loose your sessions. Other reason might be, u r using SQL server as u r session manager, but that sql server doesnt exists in other machine. check theseRaghu(MCSD.NET, MCAD.NET, MCDB...

Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework about state management and serialization problem, it works OK with one XML file but fails with another XML file
I use Microsoft Chart control for .NET Framework , you can see details at http://blogs.msdn.com/alexgor/archive/2008/10/27/microsoft-chart-control-for-net-framework-released.aspx The Chart1 is load data from a xml and save to ViewStateData, so even if after I click Reload button, the chart1 still display OK! I'm very strange that the chart1 works well after click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Load(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/Template/1.xml"));but chart1 don't display fter click Reload button if it's loaded from Chart1.Serializer.Loa...

SQL access works for database on same machine as IIS but fails when connecting to another machine
I have been developing a web app against a sql server that resides on the same machine as the IIS server and up to now have had no problems. I have recently set up a connection to a sql server (QA) which is in the same domain but on a different machine and I get a no access error when I try to navigate to a page that pulls data from QA. I only have a problem when I run from the published web site, not when I run it from my local host.  I think there might be an issue with the IIS configuration or maybe a missing asp account but I'm not sure and the guy who w...

Help...Working on one machine and not another
Hi All: I am having some strange problems with an install. I am developing using pb 7.0.2. My application works fine on my test machines (98 and NT w/ service pack 4), but some things are not working on the client machine. I am developing on 98 machine, but have compiled on both 98 and NT in trying to resolve the issue. My client is using NT w/ service pack 6. I am looking for pointers as to where to start looking for the problem. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. (Client is getting agitated) Please help. John J. Brutin begin 666 John J Brutin.vcf M0D5'24...

Why is one web service working and another failing ?
Hi Guys, I have written an application that is charged on a per user basis and calls a web service running on my server whenever a new user is added or deleted from the system. I ship a proxy class with the app, which also calls a backup server at a different IP address. Calls to the backup server get through without problems. Calls to my server do not get through. The only difference being that my service provider blocks port 80 and I run my web site on port 888. An added twist is that an older customer who has not updated my application on his system since early last year, gets ca...

works on one page does not work on another
i dont understand why this is not working i have spent 2 days and i ettign close to my deadline please help me if you can. im going to post cs file first then html- im working with VSudio.net and c# problem is i get an invalid cast type. i did th exact same thing on another page i dont understand why it isnt working now. namespace CM.Shop.mainarea { using System; using System.Data; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Drawing; using System.Web; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Collection...

Navigating from one module to another module
Grettings, I am running into a little situation that I am hoping someone can give me a hand with. Currently I have 2 modules. Module A and Module B. Both consist of the base .ascx page and an edit.ascx page. What I would like to be able to do is have a linkbutton at the bottom of the Module A edit.ascx control, that links to Module B base .ascx control. Then on Module B .ascx you could follow the UI flow to the edit.ascx control of Module B. The problem I am encountering is this: NavigateURL does not seem to handle loading module instances that HAVE a moduledefid ...

one module to control another module
I would like to have one module that controls another module. that is I want to have a list of things and then the user clicks on one of those things I want another module the image module or something that display an image with that thing. I preferrabely would like to use the modules that come with dotnetnuke. Is there a way to accomplish this (to parameterize a module). thanks, dan ....and in the darkness bind them. something like the link module but I do not want the navigation to the link to appear on a different page and i still want to have the links available. Inter m...

Incorrect log on parameters (works with one user, fails with another)
Hi all,   i have an application installed on two client computers. After a selection of data, the application loads a crystal report (located on the server), queries the data and prints it. With one user the application works fine, but with another i get the message: Incorrect log on parameters...   Anyone knows how that comes? All users have enough rights on the server database.   Thanks in advance  Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

DNN: Switch from one page to another inside a module control
If one module have some control then i know how to switch from the inside of one control to another by keeping other area same. But if one control have more than one page, then I'm not finding any way to move from one page to another page, but still I will in the same control. See below for more details: I have one file Setup.ascx and another file Display.ascx. So when user will click "Add"(some key) from top left corner of the module then "Setup.ascx" control will appear and when user will click one button from "Setup.ascx" page then this area will r...

Dot Net Nuke (DNN)
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

Copy a file from one machine to another machine
Edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums Hai All, I need a Help. How to copy a file from One Machine to another Machine in the same Network using C#. Please Enlighten me.   Thanx, Karthik.A   Hi, use the System.IO.File.Copy() method. You can lay a network share to the other server so the destination address becomes accessible. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. But i need to do it without Share if it's possible thro! FTP . I need the code. ...

Copy files from one machine to another machine
--0-1622779252-1267620021=:77322 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi all, I need to copy files from one machine to another machine. I need to use Net::SCP module . Can you please give/help me small Perl snippet which will copy the files Please advice Regards Irfan. --0-1622779252-1267620021=:77322-- On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Irfan Sayed <irfan_sayed2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to copy files from one machine to another machine. I need to use Net::SCP module . > Can you please give/help me small Perl snippet whi...