An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY.

Oups I have this message .... When I upload my portal .... What can I do ?
Jerome FORTIAS

on SAP Microsoft Web & Integration Consultant

http://portal.go4consulting.net (powered by DNN)
0
jeromefortias
5/20/2004 11:38:05 AM
📁 asp.net.dotnetnuke
📃 25171 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 6 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1147 Views

Make certain that the directory to which the application resides has the proper permissions (ie: Win2K = ASPNET, Win2K3 = NETWORK SERVICE). For easy of setup these objects should have full control of the directory.
~Chris

Net Data Design
706Horsman.us
0
cjsmitty
5/20/2004 11:47:38 AM
I dont know but my hosting company confirmed to me that's my host plan includes a .net support
Jerome FORTIAS

on SAP Microsoft Web & Integration Consultant

http://portal.go4consulting.net (powered by DNN)
0
jeromefortias
5/20/2004 12:25:52 PM
It's also worth checking that the Logs folder has been created under _default, I have experience of this problem myself.

When the folder was created and access permissions set, all was ok.
Always a Pleasure never a Chore
0
spideywebber
5/20/2004 12:49:06 PM
Thanks you !

Actually I installed dotnetnuke for my company and I decided to use it for a personnal website (so great) ... But In France and in Belgium nobody knows DNN...
Jerome FORTIAS

on SAP Microsoft Web & Integration Consultant

http://portal.go4consulting.net (powered by DNN)
0
jeromefortias
5/20/2004 1:19:17 PM
I actually used to get the same error, but only when trying to clear the error log from the exception viewer.

A quick call to my hosting support solved the problem in minutes.

0
Ed_DeGagne
5/20/2004 2:39:18 PM
yeap great ....