3.1.0 to 3.1.1

Ok... I did the following:

1) made a backup of the web.config.
2) extract the 3.1.1 package over the 3.1.0 package at the host.
3) replaced the 3 keys in the web.config (the sql, MachineValidationKey, and MachineEncryptionKey)
4) I then browsed to the site.

It took a little longer than normal to open up the site... no messages or anything.  I was looking at some things and I noticed that the log viewer doesn't look the same as another 3.1.1 install... and under host / host settings the DotNetNuke version showing is 3.1.0.  I would have thought the upgrade would have changed that as well.

Any thoughts?  I am not certain I am really running on 3.1.1.

gsaunders

It sounds like it didn't update - I'm having a challenge on a couple of sites -
When it updates, the screens should go through the same process as the installation, installing the modules - and then, when upgraded, the 3.1.1 copyright will display across the top meaning you have to log in and uncheck the box under host settings.

Just check the dnn.config file in the install folder - you might try deleting it and going through the process again.

Nina Meiers
Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg
9/17/2005 4:13:20 AM
The dnn.config didn't have anything other than the following:

<dotnetnuke>
  <version>030100</version>
</dotnetnuke>

I deleted it and went back to the main domain of the site and still nothing...

How do you make it go through the install?

0
gsaunders
9/17/2005 4:30:10 AM

Try this:

- Set AutoUpgrade in web.config to False and save the web.config
- Then use this link : http://<webservername>/Install/Install.aspx?mode=Upgrade

(where you replace <webservername> with your own location (like localhost or your website's name)

Geert Veenstra
0
Geert
9/17/2005 5:45:12 AM
Ok... I did this.  And after a 30 second wait it comes back to a blank screen.  no messages or anything.

Doesn't appear to have done anything.

Do I need reset anything... it just doesn't seem to do anything.

0
gsaunders
9/17/2005 6:38:18 AM

You get the blank screen when there is nothing to upgrade.

You could look at the assembly version and the database version with :

http://<servername>/install/install.aspx?mode=none

The assembly should say 3.1.1, otherwise you need to recopy the files from 3.1.1

To rerun the upgrade :

- change the web.config setting AutoUpgrade to false
- change the web.config setting UseDnnConfig to false
- remove the 3.1.1 record from the version table
- browse to http://<servername>/install/install.aspx?mode=none (the assembly should say 3.1.1, database should say 3.1.0) (you might get the UnderConstruction page first , just refresh to get to the version page)
- upgrade using the link on the version page
- change the web.config setting UseDnnConfig back to true (and also AutoUpgrade if you want).

I must say that I never use the AutoUpgrade function since you will not have any control when a user browses your site and starts the upgrade (when you are maybe still copying files to the server)

Geert Veenstra
0
Geert
9/17/2005 8:56:32 AM
1) Here is what http://<servername>/install/install.aspx?mode=none gives me:

Database Not Compatible with current Application version
Current Assembly Version: 03.01.00
Current Database Version: 03.01.00

Upgrade DotNetNuke
Current Settings
Default Provider SqlDataProvider
Connection String Server=..............................................................
..NET Framework Version   1.1.4322.2300
Windows User ABJH-WIN10\..........
Host Name abjh-win10

2) The record in the version table has the following: Major = 1, Minor = 1, Build = 0, CreatedDate = 09/09/05.
It looks like it shows the old version 3.1.0.  Should I still delete it since it is not the 3.1.1???

3) The dnn.config file shows:
<dotnetnuke>
  <version>030100</version>
</dotnetnuke>

I don't get it... this thing just doesn't want to upgrade.

Wait... Ok... found the problem.  I was sending up the contents of the new 3.1.1 as a zipfile and having the hsphere file manager to extract the file.  It acted as if it was expanding successfully, but something apparently was not.  Not sure what because when I manually checked many of the files it looked like it was indeed extracting up there... anyway I decided to FTP all of the individual files and FINALLY it sees the 3.1.1 assembly and allowed me to upgrade.

I did 2 other sites the same way and they worked fine.  Very strange.  Unfortunately I won't probably ever know what was missing since the extract of the zip file claimed to have completed successfully with the file manager on hsphere.

Well... now that it at least claims to be 3.1.1 I have another question.

When the upgrade took place it listed items I guess it was upgrading... it didn't look like ALL of the modules that were already installed and was wondering if it should have upgraded all modules that existed as a part of the core or would it only do certain ones?

gsaunders
9/17/2005 8:29:48 PM
The more I think about the upgrade and possible modules not being upgraded, the more I am concerned.  WHY?

Well... I have experienced the problem on the 3.1.0 version where not all the core modules get installed.  I have also experienced this with a new 3.1.1 install.  In both cases I have simply installed them via the module definitions as a host.  This makes me wonder if I have manually installed the modules on 3.1.0l and then upgrade to 3.1.1 (which appears to have the same problem with installing all modules) does the upgrade properly get all the modules upgraded????

How do I know that the modules have properly upgraded?  Is there something I can check to verify the really did upgrade along with any database changes for them???

Maybe there isn't a problem, but because of the problems (missing core modules) I have seen on every install of 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 it makes me a little worried if all of the installed core modules get upgraded.

gsaunders
9/18/2005 2:46:15 AM
Anyone?
0
gsaunders

DNN 3.1.1, why is it still using FTB 3.0.5000.1? The latest is 3.1.3300.0
Hi,My DNN 3.1.0 portal site has a fair share of Firefox users, and hyerplinks and emoticons does not work. I know DNN, even 3.1.1 is using the old FTB 3.0.5. Is there a reason for this and also when I swapped the FreeTextBox.DLL in my site it temporarily broke the installation. I guess I should rebuild them from the source project, if I want to go to that on my site.Is this correct?In general I think that Firefox support is going to become very important.Web Site: http://www.culturewave.net/portalThank you.Manabu TokunagaHome of The StokeCultureWave.NET StokePORTAL I know that the ftb3.0 d...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

enigmail-1.0.1 for TB-3.0.x and enigmail-1.1.2 for TB-3.1.x available
Hi, enigmail-1.0.1 (TB-3.0.x) and enigmail-1.1.2 (TB-3.1.x) are available at http://enigmail.mozdev.org. Note for Seamonkey-2.0.x you can download and install enigmail-1.0.1. Have fun, Walter ...

Upgrade 3.1.0 to 3.1.1
Does anybody have a procedure that outlines the upgrade from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1.I would think it would be pretty minor, but I like it to go a smooth as possible.Thanks! a few steps:* modify your old web.config so that "autoupgrade" = false (this will make sure that no other visitor can accidentily cause the upgrade procedure to start while you are still uploading)* copy old web.config to web.backup.resources* in the install package of 3.1.1. rename release.config to web.config* from the old web.config copy the keys SiteSQLServer, MachineValidationKey, MachineDecryptionKey to your new web.confi...

Upgrading from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1
I just read through the very nicely done documentation for 3.1.1 and am unsure how to proceed with my upgrade from 3.1.0.(It is a clean install of 3.1.0 with no modules installed)Should I treat my 3.1.0 installation the same as a 3.0.13 installation and follow the instructions on page 8?----------------------------------------------------- In order to successfully upgrade you must follow the procedure outlined below             1.  Make a back-up copy of your existing web.config file (web.backup.resources).  We cannot emphasi...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Error after upgrade from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1
All, After upgrade my production server, I am encountering the following error: An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: There are multiple root elements. Line 46, position 5. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: There are multiple root elements. Line 46, position 5. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadNoCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadCurrentNode() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)...

Upgrade from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 problem
I upgraded from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1, but made a mistake in the method of upgrading and need to know if I can "undo" my mistake.I created a backup of my web.config file then unzipped 3.1.1 over 3.1.0, the browsed to the site.  The upgrade proceeded without a problem.  However, I now discover that I should have copied specific keys to the release.config and then used that as my new web.config. I did that after the fact but DNN gives me errors when trying to start.What do I need to do to get the new release.config file working? Can I just delete the entry in the Versions table th...

Help upgrade 3.0.1 to 3.1.1
  Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identifie...

Mozilla 1.0.1 and JRE 1.3.1
I need to use the JRE1.3.1 JVM plugin with Mozilla 1.0.1. What I'm currently doing is creating a link in the plugins directory to the j2re1_3_1_08/plugin/sparc/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so object. However, when I enter Mozilla and select "About Plugin-ins", I can see that Mozilla is not recognizing the jvm. Creating a similar link with the Java 1.4.1 JRE works -- so am I doing something wrong with JRE 1.3? Or is Mozilla 1.0.1 / Netscape 7.0 incompatible with JRE 1.3? Kind regards, Daniel ...

stalled or no download: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transfering and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", suprisingly because the status shows transfering, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are alredy checked. May be anybody has a hint? Ber...

Web resources about - 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Poll king Trump faces Iowa reality check
Poll-leading showman Donald Trump faces the first test of his meteoric political career on February 1, when voting to elect a new US president ...

Redesigned Apple Watch Rumored For Fall 2016
Before Apple took the wraps off the Apple Watch, many were speculating as to what the device would look like. Many had expressed interest in ...

Viola Davis Does Not Blame Oscars for ‘All-White’ Nominees, Says Problem Lies In Hollywood Itself
American actress Viola Davis has also spoken out about the controversy surrounding the upcoming Academy Awards regarding all-white nominees. ...

Travelers Happy Airlines Pre-Cancelled Flights
CBS Local Travelers Happy Airlines Pre-Cancelled Flights CBS Local DFW AIRPORT (CBS11) – Thanks to the winter storm hitting the mid-Atlantic ...

PARANOID: Fear, hate and conspiracy theories have destroyed Hillary Clinton’s campaign
By Daniel Greenfield Hillary Clinton’s political future is caught between an old hippie and the FBI . Under fire, her collapsing campaign is ...

European authorities angered by VW's North American compensation program
Filed under: Government/Legal , Volkswagen , Diesel Volkswagen is under attack by European legislators after refusing to expand its US compensation ...

2 Michigan Environmental Workers Suspended Amid Flint Water Crisis
Two workers from Michigan's Department of Environmental Quality were suspended.

1 Dead, 11 Hospitalized After Listeria Outbreak Linked to Packaged Salad, CDC Says
USA TODAY 1 Dead, 11 Hospitalized After Listeria Outbreak Linked to Packaged Salad, CDC Says ABC News The CDC is investigating a multi-state ...

What Apple’s latest VR hire means for this growing market
ANALYSIS: Apple invented the smartphone (even though it didn’t). It also invented the tablet … or maybe not. Now, it looks like it might invent ...

‘Apple Car’ hits a snag as its project leader departs
Apparently, the road to success of the Apple Car is paved with bumps and turnarounds. As reported by the Wall Street Journal , the person in ...