.NET 1.0 vs 1.1

I am using DNN 1.0.10c.

Whenever I make changes to the source code, I recompile it with Visual Studio .net and the .NET Framework 1.0.
I also have Visual Studio .NET 2003 available to me. Is it safe for me to use this version of VS, as then I can take advantage of the 1.1 version of the framework? Or is DNN not 1.1 & vs2003 compatable?
Thanks!
0
pmaroun

I installed 1.1 as soon as it came out and use it with VS 02 with no issue to report. Recently I installed 03 and I don’t have any issue with that either.  However, Colleague still runs VS02 so I am still running 02 on some of the projects we both work on.

There are converters around and they seem to do a nice job in converting back to VS02.
When DNN02 is released it is developed with 03.
Salar

KnapHill, Surrey UK

Skinning & Building DotNetNuke Applications
www.salaro.com

0
salaro

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Do I need VS 1.0 to install VS 2003 (.NET 1.1)?
I got a new computer where I will need to install my copies of VS 2003 and VS 2005.  All copies are legal with original disks.   I purchased VS 2003 as an upgrade to VS.NET that came before VS 2003.  Do I need to install that very first version 1.0 of VS in order to install VS 2003? Thank you in advance.   If it's an upgrade version, then you will need the previous version installed.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thank you for your reply.  However, I was hoping that VS 2003 coul...

Confused! DNN 1.0.10 on .NET 1.0 or 1.1?
What version of ASP.Net should I be running DNN 10.0.1d on? Currently i am running it on 1.0 on both test server and live, but this means that some 3rd party modules will not work and i get the "File or assembly name System, or one of its dependencies, was not found" error.. So what should i be running? can i just swicth over now to 1.1 and all will be fine and dandy? i do not want to have to go into the code and recompile. From the DNN 2.0 documentation i thought this would be the version for .Net 1.1 and that DNN 1.0 was for .Net 1.0 and therefore i should change over t...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

.NET 1.0 books and .NET 1.1 books. Does it matter ??
Hello, I want to buy a book that is good to learn asp.net. I have seen some good books on ASP.NET in the book store, but some of them are for .NET 1.0 and not the current 1.1. Does it make that big of a difference if the asp.net book is 1.0 and not 1.1 ???? Someone please help me as I have to do quite a bit of driving to go review and purchase a book. I need to leave in about an hour so if someone know the answer, please respond, asap. Sincerely, Amy Daynou Amy- The changes are small enough that you won't see much, if any difference. This doesn't apply as much if you're ...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

.NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1
If a .NET application has been developed under .NET Framework 1.0, are there any problems when deploying the application in a system running Framework 1.1? Please advise. From my knowledge there is no problem; in .Net back ward compatibility is there! Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti no problem as long as you have the configuration file with all the dll mapping stuff right.Christian CalderonNeed to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!Classic ASP Framework I don't English. hi... im using windows xp pro, visual studio.net, an...

MasterPages for NET 1.0 / 1.1
Hi all This template engine for .NET 1.0 / 1.1 allows you to render the contents of your ASP.net web forms as parts of a MasterPage (template). It's extremely easy to use and provides full designer support. The engine is component based - unlike other engines, it keeps your HTML clean and you don't have to rearrange your web forms. This prevents you from scattering additional HTML all over your web application and enforces a clean separation of design and development. I've published an article regarding it's use @ codeproject where you also find the source and a demo project: ht...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

Web resources about - .NET 1.0 vs 1.1 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Welcome - Net Objectives Net Objectives - Scrum Agile Training & Agile Development - TDD, Agile Scrum ...
Deliver value to your customers faster. NetObjectives.com is the industry leader in agile scrum training, scrum methodology, lean agile training, ...

經濟通 ET Net- 港股財經基金投資- 免費即時股票報價 HK Free Real Time Stock Quote
Copyright 2012 ET Net Limited. http://www.etnet.com.hk ET Net Limited, HKEx Information Services Limited, its Holding Companies and/or any Subsidiaries ...

Net income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Net income can be distributed among holders of common stock as a dividend or held by the firm as an addition to retained earnings . As profit ...

NFL Games Cast a Wide Net on Turkey Day
Sozzled on tryptophan, carbohydrates and pills filched from mom's medicine cabinet, tens of millions of Americans this Thursday will celebrate ...

Broadcast Nets Break In, Cable Goes Wall-to-Wall on California Shooting
A mass shooting incident that may have left a dozen people killed is dominating news coverage this afternoon, with the broadcast networks all ...

Cisco Selects Netformx Discovery to Power New Net Authenticate Assessment Service
Cisco Selects Netformx Discovery to Power New Net Authenticate Assessment Service Business Wire (press release) SAN JOSE, Calif.(BUSINESS WIRE)Netformx®, ...

Net Metering Boost Takes Place In Brazil
Brazil approves ‘historic’ net metering revision The National Electric Energy Agency (ANEEL) in Brazil has approved a revision of the country’s ...

AT&T Exec Claims Net Neutrality Delayed “A Bunch Of Stuff”
Tomorrow, the FCC will square off in court against the telecom industry over the recently enacted Open Internet order (aka “net neutrality), ...

Scalabrine: C’s fall to Nets, Smart to miss a couple weeks with left knee bone bruise
Skip to main content Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com Header links TV Listings Channel Finder Apps Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search ...

Net neutrality could be one of 'several hundred' poison pills in budget fight
... if Republicans pushed them—and cause a government shutdown. One of those could very well be blocking funding for the FCC to implement net neutrality, ...