Modules Containing Modules

I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm keeping my fingers
crossed. Basically, what I need is a module container that can hold
other modules. The reason is because on some views within my portal
site, I need to have multiple regions (i.e. links, static text/html).
I'm sure I can create different modules for specific scenarios, but
this happens A LOT, so I'm hoping there's already something doing it. I
have yet to dig into building my first module, so it may not even be a
big deal. Has anyone attempted this before? If so, are there any public
tools already published that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Services
www.michaelflanakin.com
0
flanakin

Hi Michael,

Aggregator is one of the modules you are looking for; it has a tabbed layout on all cardinals (top, bottom, left and right).

Another one is Module Wrapper 3.1 (very good!); this one lets you control each module in a very slick manner.

Michael
PROXSYS
0
PROXSYS

modules, modules

Module in Module

Module Settings and Module Containers
I was just developing some custom containers and I needed some versions to have the Print token and some not. It is kind of a pain to have to make two identical containers just to have or not have the Print token. It sure would be nice if there was a way to select this as an option from the Module Settings. For that matter, same thing goes for the Icon and Visibility tokens. This way all containers could be designed with these tokens included and then displayed/hidden at runtime rather than having to create a entirely new container for each case. I took a look at the skin logic and I...

Load module into module...
Is it possible to load a module into another module? I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

A Module inside a Module ??
Hi DNN Community, I've developed a DNN module (let's call it module X) which is included in my DNN website as a private assembly. However, I'l like to add a scrolling marque usercontrol to my module X. As a start, I purchased a scrolling marquee module from snowcovered which works great as a stand alone module. However, I'd like to modify this module so it fits into my module X. Can anyone explain to me how to do this, and if there is any source code available where I could see how this is done. Thanks in advance, Brad How about putting a placeholder control in your module X then...

Modules and information about modules.
As we live in a word with different localization issues I think it would bee nice to tell byers and user if the module can handle different cultures and of cource if the module are localized or not. Sometimes it doesent matter that the module have static localization you can use it anyway. But if the date format or any other localized value are used inside the module I think it is essential to tell too. As an example I can tell that Portal Store just works if you use the US date format. So if you like to use it in non us english you have to go through the code and correct it. As I know th...

Modules within Modules
I purchaced the Internal Link Navigation from Snowcovered a while back and have modified it so I can insert user controls in the child-level pages. However, if I try to insert a IBS module, it returns an error because the IBS modules use desktopcontols.vb to pull properties for the module from the database and I haven't set that up properly. When I look at the code in tablayout.aspx.vb I have a hard time sorting through it. Any ideas? Do you want to post your mods to Internal Link Navigation - I have done a fair bit of work with that so may be able to help Or email the code to me Dav...

To module or not to module that is the question
Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

How to load modules into modules
Title says it all. I want to load (custom) modules within a custom module. But I havent the slightest idea how to do that. Any suggestions? thx Like this: Dim _MyControl as _MyControl _MyControl = CType(Me.LoadControl("MyControl .ascx"), MyControl) ParentControl.Controls.Add(_MyControl) Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « The method LoadControl works, if your loaded custom module doesn't need do raise PostbackEvents :-( If you need that... Than this way is impossible for you. I will post how to do it right in...

Module within a Module
Anyone experiemented with IBS to create a module that could contain other IBS modules?Robbie Freeland Web Team Leader www.chesterfield.gov yeah - with limited sucess as things started to go screwey after a while with the containers - it is something I still want to get working - but I dont seem to have the time to do so at the momentVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I have been able to do it, just displaying information in datagrids, but I had to pass variables in the URL to keep the nested module active and visible as the page re...

Module in MODULE::INTERFACE
Can module name be something like: com::xyz::PakageOne? Because when I created a package with that convention, the package was created but there is no _st_ and _sk_ generated for me. Thanks. .... Steve ...

Module to Module Communication
Does anyone have an example of how to implement module-module communication/event handling using DNN2? I have tried to look through the portal code and try to figure it out for myself but not much luck :) Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com To answer my own question I found the following link. Any other resources and solid examples that anyone else would like to share? http://xpdit.com/DeskTopDefault.aspx?tabid=1&BookID=13&ChapterID=69&PageID=242Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com I seem to remember an example on kodhedz.netMatt FraserDotNetNuke Co...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

Web resources about - Modules Containing Modules - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Colombia says it found the San Jose, a sunken ship full of treasure
Colombia has found the wreckage of the San Jose, a Spanish galleon which sunk off Cartagena more than 300 years ago and is thought to be full ...

Spider-Man confirmed for ‘Captain America: Civil War,’ but which side will he take?
As soon as Marvel struck a deal with Sony to bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, we knew it was only a matter of time before ...

Scott Weiland Dies At 48, Bandmate Arrested For Cocaine Found On Tour Bus
The music world was rocked by the news that former Stone Temple Pilots front-man, Scott Weiland, was found dead on December 3, in Bloomington, ...

Here’s Why Donald Trump’s December Poll Numbers Matter
Here’s some good news for Donald Trump fans: History is now on his side. For months, members of the Republican Establishment have dismissed ...

Economics Of A Death Star Revealed: ‘Star Wars’ Battle Stations Would Have Caused Galactic Financial ...
As the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens looms, the internet is flooded with content (both crazy and otherwise) dissecting the events of ...

US Supreme Court to hear Puerto Rico debt appeal case
The US Supreme Court agreed to consider Puerto Rico's appeal of a ruling forbidding its use of a US law that would allow it to declare bankruptcy ...

Activists go thru 5 stages of grief for the climate change campaign
By Larry Kummer, from the Fabius Maximus website Summary: Climate activists have begun to see the failure of their campaign to get public policy ...

Shipping is a big contributor to climate change. So why is it being left out of the Paris deal?
When you think of the sources of greenhouse gas emissions — airplanes and automobiles, power plants and factories, paper mills and burping cows ...

Planned Parenthood clinics are open, but on guard
CBS Local Planned Parenthood clinics are open, but on guard Sacramento Bee Bulletproof glass and armed security are nothing new at medical ...

Samsung To Pay Apple Inc $548 Million In Damges For Patent Infringement
Samsung will likely be ordered to pay Apple over $500 million dollars after Samsung was denied its most recent appeal in a five-year long court ...