Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Can anyone tell me why I get this error message and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Scott
0
lesnet

I would guess that it is because your SQL server is set up for windows authentication rather than mixed mode, and that your ASPNET account doesn't have a corresponding SQL server account.

Jeff Martin
MCSD C# .NET
http://www.jeffmartin.com
0
jjmartin
4/8/2004 5:05:28 PM
I found this method of changing modes on another site, and it helped me a lot.

You can change the authentication to "SQL Server and Windows" by changing this registry setting:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer
LoginMode = 1 Then MSDE uses "Windows Only"
LoginMode = 2 Then MSDE uses "SQL Server and Windows"
0
gjackson

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi i installed msde with follwoing attributes for a project DotnetNUke..C:\sql2ksp3\MSDE\>Setup.exe SAPWD="password "INSTANCENAME="DNNV3" SECURITYMODE=SQLin my web.config file here is what i am using==><appSettings>    <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(local);Database=DNNV3;uid=;pwd=password;" />   but i am getting below error...can anyone PLEASE help me on this.thanks a lotInstalling DotNetNukeUpgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider   ---------------------------------------------...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Dear All,I am trying to establish a connection to my SQL Server which is on the Remote machine. My ASP.Net application is on the local machine. Below is my connection string: <appSettings><add key="NorthConn" value="server=ABC;integrated security=sspi;database=Northwind"/></appSettings>The North wind Database has the following user accounts:1) ABC\ASPNET2)ABC\IUSR_ABCboth of these accounts have permissions granted to them.My SQL Server has both Windows and SQL Server authentication checked. I checked the properties of my  web project in IIS  and it has both Anony...

Login failed for user 'DotNetNuke'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I've set up DNN on my XP SP2, and keep getting this error when I load DNN for the first time. "Login failed for user 'DotNetNuke'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. " The database User has permission for Read / Write. I've triple checked the connection string, as far as I can tell it's correct. I've used both my server name as well as "Localhost" in the connectionstring. Is there some other permission that needs to be set? What am I missing? Thanks. <appSettings> <add key="connectionString" valu...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !! I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000. Regaeding that we have proxy server, one fi...

Erro : Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi, I am built-in web server feature of VS 2005 to run my web application as I dont IIS is intstalled on my desktop computer. from this page , application is connecting to SQL server 2000 installed on Windows 2003 Server  on a remote machine. Here is connectionStr = "Data Source=myservername; Integrated Security=True; Trusted_Connection=yes;Initial Catalog=myDB" Application is generating foloowing error message when try to open the connection SQLServer.Open() method. "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" Any help in thi...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection #2
I realize people have had this problem before. Probably on this very board. But I am up against a wall and none of the solutions I have found online work at all. I have a asp.net 1.x application that sits on an IIS server and talks to an SQL 2000 database on a separate server. It was working fine until about a week ago when all of the sudden I started recieving the following error: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" In IIS manager the application is set up in a virtual directory, denies anonymous users, and uses only Integrat...

Web resources about - Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Plot And Character Info Revealed
Star Wars: The Force Awakens , the seventh installment of the Star Wars franchise is going to be released in the UK on Dec. 17 but little remains ...

What’s Apple up to at this “secret” facility in North Taiwan?
A new Apple facility in Longtan, North Taiwan, is shrouded in secrecy. But it seems to be developing a new iPhone display technology that’s brighter ...

Bankruptcy judge approves financing for owner of O.C. Register
A federal judge has approved a $4.5-million loan that will allow the Orange County Register to operate during bankruptcy setting the stage for ...

New research shows Earth’s tilt influences climate change
From the LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY and the department of tilt-a-whirl, comes this Milankovitch moment. LSU paleoclimatologist Kristine DeLong ...

Seattle lets Uber drivers join union in US first
Seattle has passed a measure allowing drivers of smartphone-based taxi companies like Uber and Lyft to unionize over pay and other working conditions, ...

Bill Cosby sues sex accusers over 'emotional distress'
Newsweek Bill Cosby sues sex accusers over 'emotional distress' The Times (subscription) Bill Cosby has launched a counterclaim against seven ...

Kim Kardashian Having Another Baby Could Be Deadly
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West just had their second child and it sounds like it will be the last. Kim gave birth to her son Saint West recently ...

‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ Trailer: Dive Back Into the Harry Potter Universe
Four years after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 closed the book on J.K. Rowling ‘s original fantasy saga, Warner Bros. is cracking ...

Newtown priest issues emotional plea on anniversary of Sandy Hook shooting to ...
New York Daily News Newtown priest issues emotional plea on anniversary of Sandy Hook shooting to ... New York Daily News Three years after ...

Google Maps Update For iOS Brings Offline Navigation
Recently an update to Google Maps for iOS introduced the gas price feature . Basically this allows users to find out the prices of gas that different ...