Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express

Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both.

My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data.

I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.  This module is supposed to make it simple to create new modules from the CMS.

Other than copying the module folder, I am under the impression that I am supposed to add the module to my project and delete some whitespace.

This is where I'm stuck.

How am i supposed to incorporate and reference the new module into the project/site?  I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.  When I try to "reference" the module (using website->reference item) the browse feature limits me to reference only files with .dll, .tlb, .olb, .ocx, and .exe extensions.

Since this module (nor any other default module) contains any files with those extensions, I am really at a loss as to what to do next.

I could really use some direction here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

give my personal sites some love!
wiki-reef.com
wiki-fish.com
my stupid comedy shorts
0
hud2000

Jean

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

modules, modules

Module in Module

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Dot Net Nuke (DNN)
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

IO modules causing issues in Net::DNS module?
------_=_NextPart_001_01CAD72B.3BF72B9F Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! = I'm porting some software from a White Russian OpenWRT system to a new Kami= kaze 8.09.1 OpenWRT system but I am having some serious issues that I'm hop= ing you can help me with. = Old system Linux kernel 2.4.34 MIPSEL arch Perl 5.8.7 Net::DNS 0.48 IO 1.21 IO::Socket 1.28 IO::Socket::INET 1.28 = New system Linux kernel 2.6.26.8 MIPS arch Perl 5.10.0 Net::DNS 0.66 IO 1.23_...

Integrate CMS.NET(Stephen Fraser) as a module to DotNetNuke!
I'm working on a project at my university. Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke version 3.0.13. Anyone have any idea, please share it with me and other people? Thanks in advance. Hi what is CMS.NET?McKelt Solutions are you talking about the contracting estimating software I think you will have to get some source code for that from the companyDylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com Hi all,I though that every one knew CMS.NET. Sorry for that. It's a content management system written by Stephen Fraser, and it comes with the book: Real World ASP.NE...

Integrate CMS.NET (Stephen Fraser) as a module in DotNetNuke!
I'm working on a project at my university. Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke. Anyone has any idea, please share it with me and other people. Thanks in advance. What is CMS.NET?View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 You can go to DotNetNuke forum, subforum Custom Modules, the same title can be seen there.>> forums.asp.net>> DotNetNuke>>>> Custom Modules  ...

Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module
I am having trouble going from one module to another module. My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag: <a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a> I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new mod...

Converting an Ibuyspy custom Module to DotNetDuke Custom Module
Are there any instructions on what it takes to convert an IBuySpy Custom Module to DotNetDuke. .. What do I need to add or change. There is a developer whitepaper included with the DNN download I think or you can download the whitepaper at www.dotnetnuke.com. JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

Modules Containing Modules
I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Basically, what I need is a module container that can hold other modules. The reason is because on some views within my portal site, I need to have multiple regions (i.e. links, static text/html). I'm sure I can create different modules for specific scenarios, but this happens A LOT, so I'm hoping there's already something doing it. I have yet to dig into building my first module, so it may not even be a big deal. Has anyone attempted this before? If so, are there any public tools already published that I'...

Web resources about - Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Integrating Github and Redmine
I've been a fan and user of Atlassian's excellent Jira since the company was founded back in 2002, but I needed the ability to set up some quick-hit ...

Integrating sphere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An Integrating sphere (also known as an Ulbricht sphere) is an optical component consisting of a hollow spherical cavity with its interior covered ...

Omega, BMW Take Gold, Silver For Integrating Facebook Into London 2012 Olympics Sponsorships
... Olympic Games in London set to start July 27 and run through Aug. 12, watch maker Omega and automaker BMW are doing the best jobs at integrating ...

Under the Hood: Integrating standalone mobile app features into Facebook for iOS - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Under the Hood: Integrating standalone mobile app features into Facebook for iOS geschrieben. ...

Overview: Integrating Facebook Connect With Your Website
Last week at Facebook’s f8 developer conference, CEO Mark Zuckerberg formally announced Facebook Connect , Facebook’s new program that extends ...

Integrating MFDs with Cloud Fax Services Webinar - eFax Corporate® - YouTube
http://enterprise.efax.com - Corporate users may think that they don’t need fax within their organization because they simply scan a paper document ...

Children integrating technology into study and play as computer use rises
Children integrating technology into study and play as computer use rises

Cisco Systems, Inc. : New Cisco Unified Access Solution Accelerates BYOD Business Innovation by Integrating ...
Cisco Unified Access Makes IT More Responsive to the Business, Simplifying IT Operations by Uniting Wired and Wireless Networks, Policy and Management ...

Uber introduces API for integrating the transportation service into other apps
... app on iPhone and Android, and check out the Uber care package the company sends new employees. Today Uber is taking a major step toward integrating ...

The Aspiring Lateral: Integrating Yourself
Because the lateral journey does not end when you place the potted plant and picture of your family on your new desk. Continue reading » Follow ...