Edit but no edit

I've Created a custom  module and reuse the survey.dnn file to help with the install here it is.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<dotnetnuke version="2.0" type="Module">
<folders>
<folder>
<name>CompanyName - Photos</name>
<description>Photos allows you to add photo albums</description>
<version>01.00.00</version>
<modules>
<module>
<friendlyname>CompanyName - Photos</friendlyname>
<controls>
<control>
<src>Photos.ascx</src>
<type>View</type>
</control>
<control>
<key>Edit</key>
<title>Create Photos</title>
<src>EditPhotos.ascx</src>
<Iconfile>icon_survey_32px.gif</iconfile>
<type>Edit</type>
</control>
</controls>
</module>
</modules>
<files>
<file>
<name>Photos.ascx</name>
</file>
<file>
<name>EditPhotos.ascx</name>
</file>
<file>
<name>YourCompanyName.Photos.dll</name>
</file>
</files>
</folder>
</folders>
</dotnetnuke>
Now, all works well the module appears however when I move my mouse over the edit pencil I do not see "Create Photos". Maybe I'm doing something wrong.. I have the pnlModuleControl in my ascx file. If anyone can help me out I'd greatly app... it.
0
jcurry

Ok.. I figured out my problem. In the survey Example there is a MyBase.Actions method in the page init function. I overlooked that.

So I added this line to my init page and it worked.
MyBase.Actions.Add(GetNextActionID, "Create Photos", "", URL:=EditURL(), secure:=SecurityAccessLevel.Edit, Visible:=True)
0
jcurry

To edit or no to edit
Jon, Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like I wrote utterly crap?-) -- Pieter "Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache in house." -- Usenet signature Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Jon, > > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like > I wrote utterly crap?-) Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ... ;-) -- Pieter "Humor is also a way of saying something serious." -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: ...

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not mod...

Roles: Module edit, but not page edit.
I've been scouring the forum all day, and the answer is not clear, so I appologize if I should know better.I want to create a user with permission to edit the text/html in a module, but make no other changes to the page.I just downloaded the latest version of DNN, installed it, and everything is running fine.  I'm just wondering if this capability is available, out of the box.I tried making a user's role read only to the page, but edit to the module, but they never get the edit link or edit dropdown on the module. Bump... On the module's settings page, tell the module to not inherit...

What is with the " [Edit] [Edit] [Edit]" posts?
Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is okay. But, at least with my newsreader, Agent 6, longer threads tend to get broken into pieces, with "[Edit]" attached to the topic name. And sometimes longer threads then get [Edit] [Edit] and then [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] For example, here is a current thread: FastMM 4.96 available [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] How does this happen? Can I make them show up as one thread? Paul Doland wrote: > Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is > okay. But, at least with my...

edit test [Edit]
testing edits seen in NNTP client -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Edited by: Remy Lebeau (TeamB) on Feb 2, 2009 6:27 PM So what NNTP client are you using that allows you to edit a message? Larry "Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message news:75929@forums.codegear.com... > testing edits seen in NNTP client > > -- > Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > > Edited by: Remy Lebeau (TeamB) on Feb 2, 2009 6:27 PM Larry Griffiths wrote: > Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote: > > testing edits seen in NNTP client > > So what NNTP client ...

Test edit [Edit]
Test edit 3 Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM This reply sent via http 30 minutes after original post. Original post still not displaying in nntp.. > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote} > Test edit 3 > > Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM > > Edited by: quinn wildman on Feb 5, 2009 10:23 AM ...

Trail Edition of VS.net 2003 to full edition
Hi, I have a query which I hope you may be able to help me with. I have the trail edition of visual studio.net 2003 installed on my client machine with the server components of the product installed on the server. WE have just received a subscription for MSDN, which we have activated. My issue is I am a bit unsure of how I can edit the details of the trail edition, to enable me to upgrade to the full edition. I do not wish to uninstall the trail edition and reinstall the full version of Visual studio.net 2003 if I can avoid it as it is very time consuming. So could you please dir...

currency edit? [Edit]
Newby question. I'm trying to understand which is the best compontent to use for currency... I wanted to use a tEdit, but the is near useless unless I do a lot of custom on-key press programming. I could create a data component, but I wanted to do more validation before entering into the sql server database. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm using 2009. thanks, Edited by: William Riddell on Mar 3, 2009 1:00 PM > {quote:title=William Riddell wrote:}{quote} > Newby question. I'm trying to understand which is the best compontent to use for currency... I wanted...

[BUG] displaying selected view/edit roles in Edit Module?
[Using 2.0.4] Hi all; I know there's an issue with displaying selected roles when editing modules...because of this line (ModuleSettings.ascx.vb:293): If objModule.AuthorizedViewRoles.LastIndexOf(";" & Role.RoleID & ";") > -1 Then item.Selected = True End If the first role is never displayed as selected since it doesn't have a leading semi-colon. I think this has been noted (sort of) in Aardvaark #146. I was just wondering two things (any information from the core te...

Bug? Editing original DotNetNuke template modules
In brief this is what I've discovered - editing by a user role other than administrator is not possible on module containers that are pre-installed with the DotNetNuke template. These are the steps: 1/ Install new portal using DotNetNuke template - obviously logged in as Host 2/ Add new User in a new Role 3/ Change Settgins on the Text/HTML module in the Content pane to be editable by the User 4/ Log out as Host and login as User 5/ Try to edit the Text/HTML module - there is NO Edit Text on the menu of that module (only Help) This was intriguing to me, so I tried to add another Text m...

Admin can't see 'Edit Text' control at the bottom of editable modules
I have an admin who can't see the module level Edit command when logged into her machine.  If she changes to another machine, and logs in with the same account, it is fine, but from her machine she can't see the "edit" text or the pencil or the settings icon for any module.  She can see the Admin controls at the top, but the modules themselves seem to have no edit controls.There are no appreciable differences between the machines, that I know of.  They are build from the same Ghost image.  Obviously something is different but I have no clue what it would be.  Any tho...

Edit Page / HTML editing
Use the Edit Page and HTML editing daily. Thanks for continuing to improve it. Thank you for this tool!!!!!!! Greg Connell wrote, On 18/12/2013 06:52: > Use the Edit Page and HTML editing daily. > > Thanks for continuing to improve it. > > Thank you for this tool!!!!!!! If you speak about the SM Composer ... nobody improve this tool. Ray_Net wrote: > Greg Connell wrote, On 18/12/2013 06:52: >> Use the Edit Page and HTML editing daily. >> >> Thanks for continuing to improve it. >> >> Thank you for this tool!!!!!!! > If yo...

Trail Edition to Full Edition
Hi, I have a query which I hope you may be able to help me with. I have the trail edition of visual studio.net 2003 installed on my client machine with the server components of the product installed on the server. WE have just received a subscription for MSDN, which we have activated. My issue is I am a bit unsure of how I can edit the details of the trail edition, to enable me to upgrade to the full edition. I do not wish to uninstall the trail edition and reinstall the full version of Visual studio.net 2003 if I can avoid it as it is very time consuming. So could yo...

testing edit fixes [Edit]
first time -- Jon Edited by: Jonathan Benedicto on Feb 5, 2009 5:44 PM Edited by: Jonathan Benedicto on Feb 5, 2009 5:44 PM ...

Web resources about - Edit but no edit - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Edits Quarterly
“Short narratives in film and photography”, by Ian Coyle. Do yourself a favor and view it on a big display in Safari in full-screen mode.

File:Edit-copy purple.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.If the file has been ...

Articles with edits awaiting review - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As part of a Request for Comment on pending-changes protection , a third phase considered its use in the short term. In accordance with consensus ...

Facebook Android App Update Includes Privacy Settings Icon, Structured Status Updates, Ability To Edit ...
... Inside Facebook reported that the update also extends the availability of structured status updates , as well as the ability for users to edit ...

Nick Gordon digitally edits late Bobbi Kristina Brown in controversial Christmas card
He may be facing a US$40 million lawsuit for her wrongful death, but that didn't stop Nick Gordon from sharing a controversial Christmas card ...

Viz Responds Regarding Manga Edits
Edits done with creator's approval

Shoot, edit, save and share with the new Hypelight camera app
... is a new camera app that lets you do all of this with powerful tools. From manual settings for picture-taking to customizable filters for editing ...

A powerful tool that lets scientists edit our DNA was discovered mostly by accident
You may have seen the headlines about CRISPR/Cas9, a powerful genetic technique that lets scientists "edit" genes. It's been hailed as a miracle ...

Gallery: The Daily Edit 12.14.15
Charlotte Observer Gallery: The Daily Edit 12.14.15 Charlotte Observer Real Madrid's Karim Benzema, second right, and Cristiano Ronaldo, second ...

Pro Tip: Easily edit your iPhone videos with Adobe Premiere Clip
Cielo de la Paz, whose photography and videography has been recognized by Apple, has helpful tips for editing iPhone videos.