DNN module to display report from SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services

I have done a fast prototype of a dnn module to display reports from MS SQL Reporting Services. I am new to DNN and I would like to get helps to make following enhancements:

1. Take the hardcode part out of the program and move it to module setting options.
2. Overcome the NT security popup windows
3. Package the project for deployment.
The resources that helped me to prototype the module can be found here
http://devx.icpconline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30
The URL of working example is http://fuji.icpconline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=40. The URL has samples reports that come with MS SQL Reporting Service installation.
The module will be free/opensource to community.
Reply if you are interested to help. Or email to mcsenow<at>yahoo.com
Thanks
Fuji Nguyen
DotNetNuke Modules Issue Tracker, Timesheet, MSSQL Reporting Services, Visitor Counter
0
mcsenow

very cool looks great. I look forward to the source.

bert
0
bertcord
10/22/2004 2:32:23 AM
Excellent.  How do you generate the Web Archive file (MHTML)?
0
lou
10/22/2004 6:54:06 AM
very very cool

would love to test it -
please mail me - inetinf at yahoo dot com
Free LIFETIME DNN Portal with 100MB(Up to 3000MB),200 Modules(2000$ worth),50 Skins,30 Languages,Statistics,Guides and Forum for help.
Browse the directory of hundreds of sites.

www.BuildPortal.com
0
liorlustig
10/24/2004 9:24:24 PM
Very nice module.

Looking forward to the download/source
Fujibikes rules www.fujibikes.dk ;-)
Objecta
www.objecta.dk
0
objecta
10/25/2004 7:00:12 AM
Great module I appreciate the localization features. Looking forward to a final release.

Leif
Leif
0
leiner
10/25/2004 5:17:11 PM
I got your email objecta.  I appreciate your offer to help.

With regard to dnn integration with report services, the module accesses the web service of reporting server to retrieve the list of the reports. I wish to move the hard code parameters to somewhere so they can be changed easily. The parameters are:
1. the URL that exposes the web service of reporting server (ex. http://servername/ReportServer/ReportService.asmx
2. The account to access the web service (user id, password, domain)
If you can provide sample code or hint, that would be good.
With regard to the pop up of Window authentication login page, I am still doing the research on this issue. My development enviroment includes MS SQL Report Server (server A), DotNetNuke web server (server B) and the client PC. The server B access web service on server A to retrieve a list of reports to be displayed on the client pc dropdown list. It would be nice to use DNN authentication to run the report instead of Window account. I found an article on Microsoft website about using form authentication in reporting services instead of window authentication but it is not straight forward to follow.
Anyway, I will post documentation/source code of this module online. Before doing so, I will have to remove the hard code parameters out of the code. Check the link below in a couple days
http://devx.icpconline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=147
Fuji Nguyen
DotNetNuke Modules Issue Tracker, Timesheet, MSSQL Reporting Services, Visitor Counter
0
mcsenow
10/28/2004 4:48:48 AM
You can add the hard coded parameters to your code behind and make them editable through the edit page of the module.  That's what I did in mine and it works like a charm.  The problem with the forms authentication is that you need the Enterprise version and the modifications need to be done to the Reporting Services itself.  So I have not been able to figure out how to incorporate it into a module without having the user make changes to their Reporting Services outside of DNN.
0
scottrait
10/28/2004 3:32:36 PM
I am interested in participating in developing the SQL reporting module for use in a website I'm developing to support Refugee work in Washington: www.refugeeweb.org and will look at the logon issue. Can you share the source code you currently have?

I was at Long Hai and Trang Sup. Where were you?

Dan Slaby, MBA, MCSD
0
dslaby
11/27/2004 2:20:26 AM
mcsenow,

Any chance that you will be releasing the source code for this module? I would like to add this to a site that I am developing... and am definitely not wanting to develop with Crystal Reports.
Thanks,
Todd
0
WToddSchwingle
11/28/2004 12:39:06 AM
Nice! I was just thinking of coding the exact module. Let us know when you release the source.

Joan
MomComputerGeek

0
joan_fl
12/13/2004 7:41:10 PM
I'm not sure if this is still progressing, or if it is on hold pending DNN v3...  I would love to see the source, then I might be able to contribute ideas on the parameterization he was needing.
0
RLyda
12/13/2004 8:47:46 PM
I posted demo/source code for DNN3. Visit http://opensource.indyneinc.com./.
Fuji Nguyen
DotNetNuke Modules Issue Tracker, Timesheet, MSSQL Reporting Services, Visitor Counter
0
mcsenow

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

drill down report in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
Hi, I want to create a drill-down report in SQL RS using stored procedures. My stored procedure returns a dataset with multiple tables. This is where the problem comes in. From the looks of it, SQL RS can only handle a dataset with one table when a stored procedure is used to retrieve the data. I haven't found any documentation on using stored procedures with SQL RS. Does that mean that I have to create two datasets, one for the master data and another one for the detail data, and render them seperately?(I was hoping to use it the way I do in .Net, with multiple tables within th...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

MS SQL Reporting Services module for DNN 3
Module Description:  The module accesses the MS SQL server reporting web service to retreive report names into a dropdown list.  The reports are displayed using the report viewer distributed with MS SQL Reporting Services.  Once the report is displayed, the data can be exported to PDF, Excel, XML, CVS, etc.  You must have MS SQL Reporting Services to use this module. PA Beta Version, online demo, screenshots and development status are available at http://dnndev.icpconline.com/DotNetNuke/ReportServices/tabid/54/Default.aspx P.S  While you there, che...

My first module
My coworker wrote a winform that read the information off of the reporting server based on a start path you provide. To display it to people on the intranet he wrote a asp.net page that just wraps the winform in an object tag and you place the start path in the param tag. Your machine must of course have a trust to the server that the winform comes from. His web.config accepted AD groups as permissions for the form, so I figured this would work perfectly in a module. I used a ASP.NET literal to pass the start path in via the modules edit page and instead of the web.config you just use DNN...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET?
Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET? Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/reporting/default.aspIf my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs...

SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services for DNN 3.x
I searched the forums here, but did not find any recent information on DNN 3.x and SQL Server Reporting Services. I am very interested in seeing a demo of the Reporting Services preferably using DNN 3.x.  If anyone has one up and running please let me know.matchbx Yep a module has already has been done.  Download it here: http://dnndev.icpconline.com/DotNetNuke/ReportServices/tabid/54/Default.aspx?PageContentID=7   That module looks great.  Is the source code available (purchase or otherwise)?matchbx bump!!!matchbx There is a tab on the site titled 'Source Co...

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

Reporting Services 2000, VS2005 and SQL Server 2000
I am running MS SQL 2000 and VS .Net 2005.    Is it possible to run Microsoft Reporting Services 2000 with VS2005 or am I required to upgrade the SQL server and reporting services to 2005 just to produce a few WEB reports ?   This would be too costly both in money and time.   I have just finished developing a solution using the version of Crystal Reports which is built into VS 2005.  However I now believe that I require costly licenses to deploy the solution on the live WEB server.  Can anyone confirm this assumption (in simple terms).    ...

Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server
I created a Reporting Services project on my local machine,The data source, and database that the reports use/access are ona remote SQL Server (Lets call it Server XYZ) So here is my question. How shall I deploy these reportsto the SQL server Server machine "XYZ", from my local machine? Can I simply copy them to the same directory structure on the remote server that hosts the Reportingservices projects? Because basically my local directory structure for thereports mimics the location of those  Reporting Services projects on the server: C:\Documents and Settings\AV_KP_Admin\M...

SQL Report Services Modules
Does anyone have an interest in using a set of DNN Modules for accessing and consuming SQL Report Services? I will be builting these modules if anyone is interested in beta testing my modules with me.Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken? I just installed it and would be very intereted. Rob Trainer Could you define what you mean by SQL Report Services? Josh Weinstein DNNSkins.com 4Birckhead Consulting Services josh You might interested in this info: SQL 2000 Reporting Services Tam I am also interested in this. Does anyone have...

SQL Reports Server module
I have a SQL Reports module that allows you to display just a single selected report or access the entire reports manager. The administrator sets how the module will be used. The reports manager is the full management console so you can do all the things you need right from inside DNN. It runs fine on my DNN 2 and 1X installations. The only problem I'm having with DNN2 is that you can't set the height to 100% like you can in 1X versions without modifying the skin. If anyone is intersted in Beta testing the module let me know. This is a work in progress to please be kind! Scott I w...

Web resources about - DNN module to display report from SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bill Hemmer Discusses Ground Reporting in Paris, the French’s Willingness to Strike Back
Fox News Channel’s Bill Hemmer reported live from Paris, with around the clock reports on a variety of shows including Fox & Friends, The Five ...

Some Nexus 6P Owners Reporting Spontaneous Rear Glass Cracking
Huawei and Google’s Nexus 6P is the latest Nexus devices to come off the production line and the major flagship device for this year. Google ...

WaPo Columnist Goes After Breitbart over Missouri Reporting
... Milloy took to his regular column in the Metro Section of the Washington Post this morning to attack two Breitbart contributors for their reporting ...

TMZ is reporting that Charlie Sheen once had HIV — but now it's basically gone
TMZ has reported that Charlie Sheen once had HIV, but that it is no longer detectable. The site's sources said that the actor contracted the ...

Commerce City Officer Arrested In Shooting, False Reporting Case
Police in Commerce City have arrested a police officer for false reporting in connection with a shooting the occurred on Sunday.

New York's anti-terror reporting app could easily cause problems
New York state is understandably more anxious than ever about terrorist threats, and it's hoping that some mobile technology will bolster its ...

The New York Times Has Biased Labor Reporting
... of the New York Times, a digital subscriber, and have been reading it since I was a teenager. But they have a bias when it comes to labor reporting ...

FOX NEWS REPORTING 'Destiny and Power — The Private Diaries of George Herbert Walker Bush,' tonight at ...
FOX NEWS REPORTING 'Destiny and Power — The Private Diaries of George Herbert Walker Bush,' tonight at 10 p.m.

Don Lemon Defends His Unorthodox Reporting Style
... do think my career has been helped, because part of my job is to get people to have discussions." Lemon specifically addressed his MH370 reporting, ...