Customizing Registration module

Hello,

I want to customize Registration module. Here are the following steps I followed but not been able to point to my new page created.

1. Created a new module called Registration.

2. Added control having the source Admin/Security/RegistrationForm.ascx

3. Gave the control name as Register.

4. I did not go to make any changes in Admin/Skins/User.ascx.vb since register link url was NavigateURL("Register"). I changed the control key but its not reflecting.

I know I am missing something here but not been able to find out. Could someone help me out please? I need this help very urgently as I am nearing my deadline. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Mangala Bhat

0
mangalabhat

Mangala,

I have done a little work on this and could help you out but I think the easiest way is to edit the manageusers pages and tweak the stored procs if you dont mind doing that for the whole system otherwise I would go with this from snowcovered and software for u or whatever its called

http://www.snowcovered.com/snowcovered2/Default.aspx?tabid=166&CatalogItemID=1479

Dylan Barber
read my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com
Pants Optional!
0
codegalaxy

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

modules, modules

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Module in Module

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module
I am having trouble going from one module to another module. My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag: <a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a> I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new mod...

Converting an Ibuyspy custom Module to DotNetDuke Custom Module
Are there any instructions on what it takes to convert an IBuySpy Custom Module to DotNetDuke. .. What do I need to add or change. There is a developer whitepaper included with the DNN download I think or you can download the whitepaper at www.dotnetnuke.com. JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

Custom desktop modules to be Admin modules?
Well, I have to put some custom desktop modules to the Admin level since they are all used by some other modules. For example: Module A,B,C are common modules, while Module X1, X2, X3,X4,X5..... are not common, and X1,X2,X3,X4,X5... use Module A,B,C. And I noticed that the way now DNN does with the admin tabs is similiar with normal tabs but they have no AdministratorRoles. And I also find that there is one file called admin.template in the portal folder. I can find all the definitions of the admin tabs. I simply do the same as what I find, the my own tab is there, the when I click,...

User Account module as Registration Module
I'd like to add the "User Account" module to a page and use it for Registrations... this way I can add additional graphics and instructions easily. However, I get the message "Either you are not currently logged in, or you do not have access to this content" when adding the module to a hosted 3.1 site and logging out.   The view permissions for the page and module are set to "All Users".  I was successful in using the "User Account" module on a local installation as a registration module.Any idea why I would get this message on a hosted site and not on a local instal...

Customized Registration Module
I have created registration module, and I put it in a Page/Tab I call User Info. I changed site setting User Page to be User Info.How can I display this Page to Authenticated users, not to Un-authenticated users in the mean time new user can use it to register by clicking Register button? Right now, I can now hide the page from un-authenticated users because if I do so, new user can not use the page to register, because new user is un-authenticated user.Any suggestion is appreciated.Thanks.Kevin ShengSoftware Developeremail: shengjianqing@gmail.comhttp://www.shengtech.com i usually make it...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

Is there a way to call a module from inside of your own custom module?
Is there a way to call an already uploaded module from a completely separate module? Yep. Depends on what you want. Easiest way is to add the existing module as one of the controls of your own module. You can then call it just like any other control in your own module (e.g. use EditUrl to format the link). ...

Web resources about - Customizing Registration module - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Vehicle registration plates of Bulgaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The standard Bulgarian license plate consists of a blue vertical strip (the European strip) on the left side of the plate containing either the ...

AIPE: 8000 students in limbo as Sydney college has its registration cancelled
A college that cost taxpayers more than $1 million per graduate last year has had its registration cancelled by the federal government.

Just In Time For Christmas: Mandatory Drone Registration
Online sign-ups start December 21 for hobbyists, March 31 for non-recreational drones.

North Carolina sued over violations of the National Voter Registration Act
... warned by a coalition of civil rights groups that they would face a lawsuit if they didn’t address glaring problems with their voter registration ...

Everything you need to know about the FAA’s new drone registration program
Yesterday afternoon, the FAA's website for drone registration went live. While the process is seemingly straight forward, there are a number ...

FAA To Begin Requiring Registration Of Drones
If someone in your family finds a drone under the Christmas tree this year, they'll need to know about a new FAA requirement.

FAA announces new drone registration program - Videos - CBS News
With so many drones filling the sky, the federal government will now require every drone to be registered. Drone owners will have to give their ...

FAA to require drone registration
Beginning on Monday, owners of drones will have to register their unmanned aircraft with the FAA.

FAA takes drone registration offline for maintenance ahead of surge in demand
The Federal Aviation Administration has temporarily suspended the registration of small drones, citing reports of site performance issues it ...

FAA hits turbulence with drone registration
... within the first 24 hours, but glitches in the system briefly shut it down after takeoff. The FAA said the new mandatory online registration ...