User Controls in User Controls?

I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?
I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it all falls over.

For reference how I'm calling the user controls:
In Project A, Page A:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="MyControl" TagName="ControlOne" Src="~/DesktopModules/ProjectA/ucControlOne.ascx" %>
In User Control 1:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="MyControl" TagName="ControlTwo" Src=<see below> %>

OK for the source on the second register I've tried the following
~/DesktopModules/ProjectA/ucControlTwo.ascx
ucControlTwo.ascx
../DesktopModules/ProjectA/ucControlTwo.ascx
c:\inetpub\www\dnn311\DesktopModules/ProjectA/ucControlTwo.ascx

This should work right?  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for any help in advance!
0
ChrisRHill

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

How to access a user control from another user control in a Wizard control
My page has a wizard control and each step is a user control.  I could find the value of a control in step1 user control in the wizard page but not in step2 user control.From wizard.aspx.vb – it worksDim m_title As DropDownList = CType(Me.PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1"), DropDownList) Question:How can I find the value of a control(textbox or dropdownlist)in step1 user control from step2 user control? I want to find “PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1")” from Step2 AddressBox1. I have tried several ways to access it but no luck. From AddressBox.ascx.vb –...

User Controls not working if I put Validation controls in user control
Hi           I have validation controls(RequiredField Validator,RegularExpressionValidator)  in user controls.User controls are not posting back like the events are not wiring up.If I remove Validation controls in User controls page,user controls are working fine.Can anyone please help me out in getting it fixed. In the Validation controls, make sure you are setting the ControlToValidate property to the control that it links to.  If you're in .NET 2.0, it's also a good idea to put all the validation controls in the same Valid...

Getting value of a property in Parent User control from a Child user control
I have a ChildUserControl that is loaded inside a ParentUserControl. The host page loads ParentUserControl.I would need to access properties in ParentUserControl from the ChildUserControl.Thanks for your time Here's some ideas: You can from the child access the parent and run findcontrol. child.parent.findcontroL("indyanguy1") child.parent.parent.findcontrol("indyanguy1") The trick is when you get your findcontrol working to cast the result to the object type your looking forHere I'm looking for a label so I cast to label then I can use the .Text property.Y...

user controls containing other user controls
I have a ContactInfo custom class that exposes AddressInfo custom class as property. I created two User Controls, you guess, Contact.ascx and Address.ascx. Address.ascx exposes property Address as AddressInfo. I am running into following problem. In Contact.ascx in page_load sub I am trying to set the values of the Contact class like this : _contact.PrimaryAddress = ctlAddress.PrimaryAddress but since value of the PrimaryAddress property in Address.ascx is set also in Page_Load, above code will not work since there is no instance of this object yet. Is my only option to mak...

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2? Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn Hello, In UC2, try the followin code Dim tb As TextBox=CT...

Raiseevent user control in user control
 Hi there, I am working on a project in which a user control (BedrijfMasterDatagrid.ascx) is creating an other user control (BedrijfDatagrid.ascx).The user control BedrijfDatagrid.ascx is correctly created, but the clicked event of the created image control (BedrijfDatagrid.ibImageButtonClicked ) is not fired. (see BedrijfDetail.aspx)When I place BedrijfDatagrid.ascx directly on the page the event is correctly fired. Summary:BedrijfMasterDatagrid.ascx:       Datagrid with 1 row in which BedrijfDatagrid is dynamically createdBedrijfDatagrid.ascx  ...

user control inside a user control
i've currently got one of my pages setup so that I have a user control, CreateMessage.ascx, inside my main user control, ViewChangeMessages.ascx. My problem is that i've got a method inside my main usercontrol that either hides or shows the second user control, but it doesn't work, mainly coz i found out that the second user control is loaded before my main one. Is there any way i can get around this? You could try to load the second user control programmatically the OnPreRender method of your main user control. You'll need to add a placeholder in the spot you want the user control to...

User Control inside User Control
I have an ASPX with user controls in it called UC1.There is another user control called UC2 within user control UC1.(UC1 - parent , UC2 - child) What I need to do is to pass value of the text box that’s located inside user control UC1 to UC2. This is the code I put into  user control UC1. How to I read it in User control UC2?   Public ReadOnly Property propCountryName() As TextBox Get Return Me.txtCountrygName End Get End Property    Thank you100 years live, 100 years learn You can define a property inside the UC1 and UC2. Pag...

Inherits user controls from my own user control.
Hi, I am working on ASP.NET 2.0 with the C# as code behind. I have a baseControl.ascx.cs which will have properties and some methods.Then I have childControl.ascx.cs which inherits from  the baseControl. Public partial class childControl : baseControl Both user controls are in the same namespace. When I build those user controls, it returns me error saying that the type or namespace baseControl cannot be found(). I would like to know is it possible to inherit user control? Will it be possible if I declared the baseControl as an abstract class since I want to have some abstract met...

Web resources about - User Controls in User Controls? - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Gun control: Barack Obama plans to bypass senate, push through executive action on gun control
Barack Obama will meet with Attorney-General Loretta Lynch to discuss ways of reducing gun violence through measures that do not require congressional ...

Obama to Explore Bypassing Congress Gun Control - Al Jazeera America
'We know that we can't stop every act of violence,' Obama said Friday. 'But what if we tried to stop even one?'

Obama to impose gun control curbs
CBS News Obama to impose gun control curbs Ames Tribune HONOLULU — President Obama will press ahead with a set of executive actions on guns ...

Demographics Could Kill The GOP Off But Not In Congress, Not While Pelosi Controls The DCCC
... Democratic voters. In November 2014, Republican voters did just that with dramatic congressional victories that allowed the GOP to take control ...

Obama Touts First Seven Years, Pledges to ‘Move Forward on Our Unfinished Business’ on Gun Control
Obama Rips Congress, Pledges to 'Move Forward on Our Unfinished Business' on Gun Control

Republicans fire back at Obama's gun control move
CBS News Republicans fire back at Obama's gun control move CBS News January 2, 2016, 6:31 PM - When President Obama returns from his Hawaiian ...

Obama plans to outflank hostile Congress with unilateral gun control moves
Obama said yesterday he has received &quot;too many letters from parents, and teachers, and kids, to sit around and do nothing&quot;.

Trump blasts Obama's planned actions on gun control
CNN Trump blasts Obama's planned actions on gun control CNN Washington (CNN) Donald Trump is denouncing President Barack Obama's plan to expand ...

Obama to try executive action on gun control in end-run around Congress
The president is meeting with the US attorney general next week; sources indicate he will use executive orders to tighten background checks. ...