Upgrade 2.1.2 to 3.1 PLAN

Just wanted to throw my plan out there for upgrade.  Allow smarter folks to tell me where I will run into trouble.  I have a 2.1.2 site on a rented server.  I have a 2.1.2 development site using Access on my local machine.  I have recently installed and configured SQL Server 2000 locally and a DNN 3.1 local website which works fine.  I also have custom modules I've written (poorly but they work) and many third party modules on my server side production site.  My plan to upgrade the server site is:

1.  Update my custom modules to work with DNN3 (by testing them on my local DNN3 site)
2.  Figure out which 3rd party modules have DNN3 support and which don't
   - install the DNN3 supported modules to my local DNN3 site
   - copy server content (cut and paste) from the server modules to the local DNN3 modules
  - export the module content via the the new DNN3 feature with intent of iporting into the module on the server side after upgrade
3.  Backup my Server Side web.config, database, and desktop modules folder
4.  Delete my Server Side 3rd party modules and custom modules
5.  Upgrade the Server Side site to 3.1 assuming its 2.1.2 SQL database with user info will make it through the upgrade
6.  Install my custom modules newly created for DNN3
7.  Install 3rd party modules and then import content from the modules on my development DNN3 site

This seems like an approach to take to keep from losing content and user info.  Anyone see anything wrong with this approach?  Have any tips?  Thanks.
DotNetNuke Bronze Benefactor
0
lilryno

Good list, also check for tabs with the same name within a portal, there is a post for this somewhere in the main forums.
Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
8/24/2005 5:23:59 PM
Thanks Nick.  I'll look for that post.
DotNetNuke Bronze Benefactor
0
lilryno
8/25/2005 2:02:50 AM
Thanks yet again!
DotNetNuke Bronze Benefactor
0
lilryno

Web resources about - Upgrade 2.1.2 to 3.1 PLAN - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube