New to DotNetNuke and am having major install problems. Please help.

I keep on getting the same error and for the life of me i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong.

I go to "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files and there is no \root\ file.

Can someone please help me.

This is the error from the page.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\3075c8b2\50ae88e3" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\3075c8b2\50ae88e3" is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\3075c8b2\50ae88e3" is denied.]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
   System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) +632
   System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
   System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +85
   System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.EnsureFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetPreservedAssemblyEntry(HttpContext context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile) +29
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFromPreservedCompilation() +91
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) +148
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() +125
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
   System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context) +43
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +170
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +414

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

0
trev01us

This is not a DNN issue.  It appears to be either an ASP.NET scriptmap problem or a permissions problem.

Is the .NET Framework properly installed and registered with IIS?

If you installed the .NET framework before IIS, you must manually register it with IIS.

aspnet_regiis.exe will update the scriptmaps for an ASP.NET application to point to the ASP.NET ISAPI version associated with it.

aspnet_regiis.exe can be found in "\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.xxxx", or via .NET Framework SDK Tools.

0
rdaddis
3/30/2005 10:21:23 PM

I greatly appreciate your help.

I am running Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition.  The .Net Framework that is required is the one that came with the OS.  As far as the permissions go i have followed the steps that are given in the install document folder and still am getting this issue.

I tried your suggestions and am still getting the same results I am wondering if it is because of the security levels of the Enterprise edition i gave the permissions to the folders and nothing has changed.  I wonder if it would react different on Windows 2000 Standard server?

Any Suggestions

0
trev01us
3/31/2005 12:30:52 AM

You need to manually delete the asp.net temporary file.  It's probably corrupted.

Navigate with your file explorer and delete the entire dotnetnuke directory.  If you get a message that the file is in use, kill the aspnet process using task manager (note this will interrupt all asp.net sites on the server)

0
ecktwo
3/31/2005 2:29:09 AM

Ok, I deleted the asp.net temporary file. and deleted the entire dotnetnuke directory.  now what do i do?  Do i try installing again? How would the asp.net temp file get corrupted?

Any further help would be much appreciated.

0
trev01us
3/31/2005 2:58:44 AM

Ok I did a little more work after doing what you said to do.  Now i am finally getting to the DotNetNuke page but,

Upgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider

it says Login Failed for "user" and i know the user account had every right under the sun.  It should have worked.

Thanks for the help to get me this far.

0
trev01us
3/31/2005 4:25:45 AM

If you deleted the DNN directory in the tempory asp.net file, then you just browse to DNN to start.  The DNN directory in the tempory asp.net cache will auto populate by itself.

If you deleted the DNN directory in IIS (which is not my clearly stated in my recommendation because I meant the entire dnn directory in the temporart asp.net cache), yes, install again by unzipping the install files..

The aspnet temp file can ge corrupted when you interrupt the loading process of the webserver.  I see it happen when testing and debugging new modules.

0
ecktwo
3/31/2005 4:58:45 AM

Thank you for all your help.  I did as you suggested and i am getting alot closer to getting this thing up and running i think in the past 5 days i installed and uninstalled it 12 to 20 times trying to get it to work.  That and messing with another portal.

Back to my problem.  I finally got a little furthur.  the issue i am having know is that it seems that DNN and SQL 2000 aren't seeing each other fully the error i am getting now is

Installing DotNetNuke

body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Server Error in '/' Application.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   DotNetNuke.Framework.Install.InstallApplcation() +47
   DotNetNuke.Framework.Install.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +220

trev01us
3/31/2005 5:29:31 AM

If you get this far, check the database and see of any DNN tables got created.  If the database is still empty, then the connection string error needs to be investigated further.  Make sure the SQL server is enabled for mixed mode security (SQL and NT).

If the DNN database has been populated with DNN stuff, then your connection string is probably good, the error message is misleading.  In this case,  it is likely that DNN does not have enough permissions on the disk drive.  The most common mistake is not granting read access to the root of the disk drive.  For example, if you install in d:/dnn3, grant read to d:/.

0
ecktwo

Please HELP!!! How to populate a blank MySQL DB with all necessary tables for new DotNetNuke installation.
Hello, I just tried to instal DotNetNuke on my hosting account (GoDaddy) with newly created MySQL database. I downloaded and unziped the DNN files and modified the web.config to point to the new database. When I connect to the DNN webpage I receve an error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider.I did check to ensure that the SqlDataProvider settings are correct.When I contacted the Tech Support, I was told that the tables will have to be created manually through the Database Manager.Can you PLEASE help me with how to do this.  I would TRU...

New to DotNetNuke
I am having some trouble setting this up. The following message appears in the browser (http://localhost/dotnetnuke)Please help. Brian Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ? Source Error: Line 196:    <add assembly="System.Enterp...

Installing DotNetNuke, please help :o(
I have uploaded all the files to a remote server and created a database on the server. When I try to install DotNetNuke, it gives me the following error: Installing DotNetNuke Upgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider   body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:n...

How do install dotnetnuke on my PC(please help!)
Hi all, acn anyone help me out? i have just downloaded dotnetnuke and now i need to install it on my pc, can anyone help??? read the readme.txt in the documetation folder, and take a look @ http://www.goosedesigns.com/Default.aspx?PageContentMode=1&tabid=69, it does a good job of detailing the steps. Cathal...

Problem getting started with AJAX, help please [:$]
Hello, I am new to AJAX, to be honest I'm new to most ASP.net stuff.I have created an online form that uses a webservice to do address lookups. It all works fine.I thought it would be nice to add a little "Loading..." animation to the page as it can take a while to do a postcode search. The problem i'm having is when I add the AXJA web.config file details to the existing web.config file it stops working. The "Loading...." animation appears, stays for about the length of time i would expect, then disappears, however the dropdown list I populate with the a...

How can i get TabId in dotnetnuke HELP ME please
In button click event: Dim Tabid As TabInfo Label2.Text = CType(Tabid.TabID, String)But i am getting the following errorObject reference not set to an instance of an object.HELP ME... Hmm - you need to set TabInfo to something perhaps? I'm not to sure on VB, but in C# you'd declare it and then init. it otherwise it would get that error.. eg. TabInfo tabInfo = new TabInfo()  (is this what your VB statement is doing?) or TabInfo tabInfo = TabController.GetTab(1)  to get a particular tab? Rodney if all you want is the id of the currently loaded tab, then do thislabel2.t...

Install DotNetNuke 4.5 is error !!! Please help me !!!
When Install is error:  Installing Database - Version 4.4.0...Upgrading Database to Version ERROR: See d:\hosting\ftp001\giang\Providers\DataProviders\SqlDataProvider\04.04.00.log for more information...FAILURE 400 - Conversion from string "ERROR: See d:hosting tp001giangP" to type 'Integer' is not valid.    Please help me ! DotNetNuke has moved to http://www.dotnetnuke.com. You should post there.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question Hi,  I had the same problem tring to install DNN 4.5.1 and could not fix it, b...

DotNetNuke Configuration Error not getting fixed. Please Help!
I am trying to setup the .NetNuke on the IIS. I have DotNetNuke 2.0.x I have a virtual site that points to the DoNetNuke Directory on my computer. I have insalled SQL 2000 server and added a database named, DotNetNuke. I have also changed the web.config file to ensure that it points to my database. I also have .NET Framework 1.1 What Am I missing? Is there any order they should be installed? Thank you in advance. Sounds like will be good to go. Also check that you have the latest version of MDAC installed. <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/data</a...

Problem installing, Grub bootloader new-b please help!
Hello everyone, I am having trouble installing Opensuse on my computer. I am hoping you can help. I am very new to Linux but consider myself savvy with Windows and Mac (I prefer Mac tenfold). I wanted to take a crack at installing Opensuse on my old HP computer (I think its 512, 40Gb P3). Every time I try to install the DVD I get an error in reference to the Grub boot loader. I have tried reformatting the HD (there is nothing else on it) and starting from scratch. Every time I get stuck on this step. I have verified the disk and it seems ok. I uploaded some images on the ...

Please help! Cannot get mozilla to work on new RedHat install
Hello. I am running Redhat 9, out of the box. I was running Mozilla 1.2 just fine, then I tried to install the flash player and all hell seems to have broken loose. It seems that after I intalled the flash player (simple shell script to run) whenever I click on the URL address bar in mozilla, or any form field, mozilla just hangs. I tried to upgrade to 1.4, no dice. I tried to get the source, compile, install 1.4...no dice. I even grabbed MozillaFirebird and it does the same damn thing. Opera is working right now just fine. Anyone know what I can try here? Tks JC ...

New Portal Always Redirects to Default DotNetNuke Portal. Please Help...
I recently moved my portal up to WebHost4Life.com Everything has seemed pretty smooth, but I recently tried creating a new portal www.newportal.com (just an example). But when I try to go to that url in IE or FireFox, it keeps redirecting me to the default portal. I know the domain is correct because I placed an image in the images directory and was able to browse to that image and it displays. I'm currently using 3.1.0. What preventing my aliases from working? Please help. Thanks. DJ For a new domain www.newportal .com you need to create an application in wh4L ...

Can someone please help me to get started on installing c++ builder 5.5?
Hi, I'm new at this and have just downloaded C++ Builder 5.5 and don't understand the readme files instructions. I'm running XP Pro. Charles Moore wrote: > Hi, > > I'm new at this and have just downloaded C++ Builder 5.5 and don't > understand the readme files instructions. I'm running XP Pro. Hi Charles Have a look at this article: http://dn.codegear.com/article/20997 Kind regards Asger > {quote:title=Charles Moore wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I'm new at this and have just downloaded C++ Builder 5.5 and don'...

DotNetNuke New Install
I see there is Version 1.0.10c now out. What if you have a new installation? What do you have to do to get the SQL at the right level / version? I saw one item in the readme that said "don't worry the application takes care of insatlling any scripts necessary". If I want to install 1.0.10 fresh which of the myraid of SQL scripts does one run? Thanks, Jeff Jeff, The application (DNN) will run all the scripts needed. All you have to do is create the DB in SQL server and Setup the Virtual Directory in IIS. Make changesto the web.config to reflect the DB settings, then b...

dotnetnuke installation problem
I am new no this forum and also new to DNN. Just now i installed DNN and i open the project and i try to run (ctrl+f5), it giving the following error. Could not find file 'D:\DotNet\WebSites\VB\DotNetNuke Website1\Providers\DataProviders\SqlDataProvider\DotNetNuke_template.mdf'. what will i do?  I didn't find any mdf file inside DotNetNuke Website1 folder. Thanks in advance. R.ArockiapathinathanThanks and RegardsR.Arockiapathinathan read the page that appears in the main windows of visual studio .net 2005. you need to rename release.config to web.config and also manually crea...

Web resources about - New to DotNetNuke and am having major install problems. Please help. - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...