Import SQL 2005 Express to SQL 2005 Server

Hi,

Can anyone give me a "dummies guide" to transfering my DNN 4.0 site from my development machine, running SQL Express 2005 to my host/production server which is running SQL Server 2005?

Any other general advice for transferring sites between machines?

Thanks,

DG

0
deegee

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?
If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly? Thanks! Hi asdpai, I am not sure if I catch your meaning.But if you want to upgrade the SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express, you may refer to the following link: Version and Edition Upgradeshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393.aspxHow to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (Setup)http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144267.aspxJian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if t...

Restoring a SQL Server Express 2005 Database to SQL Server Standard 2005
Hello,If I backup and restore an express database to sql server 2005 standard, will there still be limitations in regards to the database size, cpu...etc.? Thanks,Jon  I suppose that no. Limitations are connected to SQL engine not to database itself. But probably if your database will grow up connected to SQL Standard and you will try to move it back to SQL express you will be in trouble.  ThanksJPazgier...

How to export sql server 2005 express for import on web sql server
Hi,  I'm new to SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL.  I've been using Access for year and have not moved on to asp.net for my website.  I understand from 1and1.com that I will need to imort a backup of my SQL Server 2005 Express file to my on site database. I don't find any way to do that.  Please advise as to how I get the express version to work on my site. Thanks! Leesha Did you install the SQL Management Studio?  In the toolkit... JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future rea...

Local SQL 2005 Express to Hoster SQL 2005 Server
I have been creating applications using SQL Express and uploading them to my hoster. No problems there. Now, I feel I'm ready to the next step and would like to start using my hoster SQL Server. I have created a database in their server, now how do I move my created SQL Express Database to their regular SQL Server? Is there a way to run a tool against my local DB and create a script to run in my hoster? What is the best practise here? Your help is appreciated. Download the Database Publishing Wizard from Microsoft - it's a free tool that integrates with your IDE (Visual Studio or ...

Web resources about - Import SQL 2005 Express to SQL 2005 Server - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... standard support hardware I/O virtualization. The PCIe electrical interface is also used in a variety of other standards, most notably ExpressCard ...

Canberrans express condolences as French respond to Paris tragedy
Consoling hugs, candles alight, letters of compassion and floral tributes.

Fans, teammates express shock, sadness over death of rugby legend Jonah Lomu - CTV News
Jonah Lomu's huge impact on the game of rugby and his fame, which spilled beyond the sport's traditional borders, was reflected in the breadth ...

Apple Pay goes live in Australia with American Express, loyalty card support coming ‘soon’
... earlier this week in Canada , following the late 2014 launch in the United States. Currently, the service is limited solely to American Express ...

The best place for creatives to express themselves
... with a few fun jokes. But then he passionately went into why Tumblr exists. David wanted to build the very best place for creatives to express ...

San Francisco Sues American Express, Alleging Illegal Restraints On Merchants
Earlier this year, a federal court ruled that American Express violated antitrust laws — resulting in higher costs for consumers — by forbidding ...

American Express bringing Apple Pay to Canada
American Express has reportedly confirmed that AmEx users in Canada will be able to use Apple Pay this week, beginning Tuesday, November 17. ...