HELP !! : Problem with login after upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2

Hi all,

i have made an upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2 and all seems to works.
I can navigate in all my pages without problem.
BUT when i try to logon using my host's password (or admin's password) i cannot reach to login.
And this happened to ALL my users !!!
What can i do ??
Thanks
Stefano
0
delfo

I am in the same boat as you Stefano. It has only happened to 1 out of
the 3 I upgraded, but something is definitely wrong. I just hope I do
not have re-install everything.

DNN 2.X Installation Guide
0
CamberGoose
11/8/2005 6:42:19 PM
 CamberGoose wrote:
I am in the same boat as you Stefano. It has only happened to 1 out of the 3 I upgraded, but something is definitely wrong. I just hope I do not have re-install everything.

Did you remember to copy the old  AppSetting machinekey values?

Charles Nurse
Keydance Computer Services
Langley, BC, Canada
0
cnurse
11/8/2005 6:48:47 PM
Yes sir. Copied that and the install date as advised in the Install guide.

That is what puzzled me. I mean this site does not have a lot up there yet, but everytime I go to upgrade goosedesign.com, this happens. So this will be the last upgrade for me on this one. Once I get it to 4.0 I will be happy. Until then 3.2 is my poison.

DNN 2.X Installation Guide
0
CamberGoose

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

upgrade problems from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
I just unzipped to the dir and ran the web page.  Are there any web.config setting i need to change?  It went throught the update process and said successful but then I go to the page I just get : An error has occurred.An error has occurred.   and the url looks like this http://localhost/LNL/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0 www.jiltedcitizen.comwww.livegreenforum.com Did you do anything with the web.config in your directory? Save it as a backup and rename the releas.config file as the docum...

upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2 , may cause login problem ?
After upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2 ,  I found none of my account can login, always prompt Password Incorrect.Whether the authentication method had change in 3.2? How can I clear the password in database ?Any others had seen the same problem? Ensure you have copied your MachineValidationKey and MachineDecryptionKey from your old web.config file and you should be able to log in. BruceDynamicVB.Net...

Any problem upgrading from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2 directly?
 Hi, I'm planning on moving up to version 3.2.2 from 3.1.1 and want to make sure it's ok to make this jump and not go step by step.  Any there any reasons to take it one step at a time?  Any major pitfalls I should know about in doing the upgrade? Thanks No problem.  You can do it directly. DNN will automatically handle each step for you.John M. Use the new web.config (release.cofig) and transfer the relevant setings from the old web.config.  Some folks made the mistake to reuse existing web.config.  Otherwise, it should be fairly problem free. I ...

Infinite redirect loop after upgrade from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1
After upgrading from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1, I cannot access any of the DNN sites. Each access never completes. I checked all my aliases. They seem fine. I access my site via http://localhost/site or http://machinename/site and it fails. Of course, it all works under 3.1.1 (and prior versions). Anyone else experience this problem? Know of a fix? ...

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

Having problems loging in after upgrading from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1
Ok i have done the upgrade from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 the installer did its magic and i got the click here to access your portal/site which means the upgrade went well... but now i get this error on my homepage A critical error has occurred.Multiple controls with the same ID 'ctr' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.Can some one help me out and explain what this means???? Has any one seen that before ??? ... The other thing i cannot log into the site either ... when i login it takes me back to the home page and i dont have the control panel or anythin...

Upgrade from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 problem
I upgraded from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1, but made a mistake in the method of upgrading and need to know if I can "undo" my mistake.I created a backup of my web.config file then unzipped 3.1.1 over 3.1.0, the browsed to the site.  The upgrade proceeded without a problem.  However, I now discover that I should have copied specific keys to the release.config and then used that as my new web.config. I did that after the fact but DNN gives me errors when trying to start.What do I need to do to get the new release.config file working? Can I just delete the entry in the Versions table th...

Help upgrade 3.0.1 to 3.1.1
  Server Error in '/dotnetnuke' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identifie...

selecting ? selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9. go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6
hello friends selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4.(sometime even 5., 6.) is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9.(sometimes 5., 6.,) go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow ?? recordcount is almost 1.050.000.. i do selecting 1.2.3. go on same page with treeview1.. treeview1 in masterpage.master.. gridview1 and datasource1 are in pagelist.aspx (it connets datasource1)..productnumber is primarykey for index.. kategori, kategori1 and kategori2, price, datemin are index from keys/index in table1 (right clicking menu)....

Help with error upgrading from 3.1.1 to 3.2.0
I just went through the upgrade process and it stated everything was fine. I clicked the link to visit the site, and I got the following error in the address bar:/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0In the browser window I got this: An error has occurred.An error has occurred.I'm completely lost. I basically have a default installation of 3.1.1 - no added thrid party anything. In fact, all I changed was the logo graphic (same filename) and some text.Any help would be great! I have seen this issue once. have not been ab...

Upgrade DotNetNuke from 3.1.1 to 3.2.0 issues
I upgraded my dotnetnuke from 3.1.1 to 3.2.0.  I was successfully upgraded one of my server with no problem. But when I upgrade my local dev box, I have problems.  After I run the http://localhost/dotnetnuke/install/install.aspx?mode=install on my local box, the upgrade from my local host (the html page) indicated that it's upgraded successfully.  But once I click on the access my site link, I lost all the menu. Event when log on as host account,  I lost the admin as well as the host menu.  I opened the C:\dotnetnuke\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All.sln and rebuild al...

Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error
I keep on getting this error after upgrading a DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.1 (Windows 2k with SQL Server 2000). The Text/HTML module when in edit comes up with error as follws; Edit Text/HTML    Basic Text Box Rich Text Editor An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at Sys...

Web resources about - HELP !! : Problem with login after upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Trump’s dig at the NFL, like the rest of his campaign, blames “soft” progressive culture for bare-knuckled ...
... Butkus and Lawrence Taylor. And it’s just a cause that Trump, and the rest of the Republican Party, can’t dare admit: capitalism. The problem ...

Astronomy’s sexual harassment problem gets Congressional attention
Last year, a confidential report was leaked that revealed that University of California, Berkeley had conducted an investigation into one of ...

Breakthrough research could solve a major problem with lithium-ion batteries
... they're also unstable and can be explosive when they overheat . Researchers at Stanford University have been working on how to fix this problem ...

America's biggest group of doctors just launched a startup aimed at solving a growing problem with healthcare ...
... care technology could go from "Innovation Stage 1.0" to "Innovation Stage 5.0" "A lot of noise but not very much signal" The main problem, ...

Fewer U.S. teens smoking, but a smoke problem persists
Study shows what it is; lead researcher calls findings "concerning"

Windows tech support: Fixing Internet problems
Common solutions for slowdowns, disconnections, and spotty signals.

IDG Contributor Network: No more heroes: View problems as solvable together
You must have felt it, if you have worked in IT for even a few years that creeping sense that more of the time you once spent installing, configuring, ...

Cologne attacks: Does Germany have a problem with sexual assault? (+video)
Activists say violence against women has been ignored for too long – whether the perpetrators are immigrants or native-born Germans.