Getting 3.1 to start in debug mode in vs.net 2003.

Hi All,

I have a run time version of dnn installed and working at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke on my laptop.

I want to be able to learn how to write DNN modules etc and so I have installed the source code in D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\.

I set the debug flag in web.config to yes.....

as in the lines..

<!-- set debugmode to false for running application -->

<compilation debug="true" />

I updated the solution file D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All to look at localhost/dotnetnuke3100 which is my source code version. I have created the appropriate virtual directory.

I open D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dotnetnuke3100\Solutions\DotNetNuke.All and I build the project successfully.

When I try to start a debug it says...

"A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started directly.

In order to debug this project, go to the debugging tab under Configuration Settings in Project Properties, and set the Start Action to Start External Program or Start URL. Alternatively you can add a non-library project to this solution that uses a reference to this project and set it as the startup project."

I left clicked the DotNetNuke project, right clicked, clicked 'Properties' to get the 'DotNetNuke Property Pages'. I clicked on Configuration Properties, Debugging. I selected radio button Start URL and set it to /localhost/dotnetnuke3100. But when I try to run debugging or even just start it keeps coming back with this message.

Can anyone see what I have done wrong? Or not done?

Thanks in Advance.... :-)

Best Regards

Peter Nolan

www.peternolan.com
0
peternolan9

Locate file default.aspx in the solution explorer under dotnetnuke project.  Right click and choose set as starting page.
0
ecktwo
7/22/2005 9:40:53 PM
From memory, I think it is the properties of the starter project where you need to change the configuration|debugging property to start url.  The starter project name is in bold.  Also click ON the ASP NET Debugging checkbox in the debugging tab.
0
JohnStodd
7/23/2005 7:01:22 AM
Thanks John,
your post helped me...the problem was that dotnetnuke was not set to the startup project.......so setting the start url etc didn't work....I noticed it was not bold after reading your append....

So, thanks again. :-)
Best Regards

Peter Nolan

www.peternolan.com
0
peternolan9

Getting Started Without VS.NET
Hi all, does anyone know how any online resources that can show me how to create web apps that include code-behind, and uer controls without using VS.NET? I have VS.NET in work, but would also like to do work at home, but cannot install VS.NET on my home laptop because I simply dont' have the space or processor power. Any online articles would be welcome, as will any open-source apps - I currently have SharpDevelop, but I find it unstable as it crashes my laptop alot of the time. Thanks Tryst Did you try Web Martix? It is a FREE tool from Microsoft.Regards, Narayana ...

VS .NEt 2003/ .Net 1.1 issues
Hi, I have a couple of issues with VS 2003/1.1 development on a machine.  I have no problems working with VS 2005/2.0 on the very same machine.   When creating a Web Application on my localhost IIS install, as soon as the WebForm1.aspx is created I get an ExecutionEngineException in DefaultDomain and the IDE closes.   Thinking that this could be an IDE issue, I attempted to install VS 2003 SP1.  When I try that, I get a Fatal Execution Engine Error 0x7925dc14. I have googled that error and it seems to come up in the context of some other applications a...

Getting Start With .net

how to get start with .NET

Getting started with mySQL Connector/Net 5.1
i have a vs2005 project which someone else built.  I need to connect to mySQL in this project. it is currently using the OleDbConnection to mySQL and I cannot make the connection, so I was told by the developer to try the the mySQL Connector/Net 5.1.  I have read the very encouraging documentation.  I am in a file called SqlDataProvider.vbI want to replace Dim objConnection As OleDbConnectionwithDim objConnection As MySqlConnection I get the blue squiggly  "MySqlConncection is undefined." I added this import to the top. Imports MySql.Da...

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

limited accounts - vs .net 2003
I posted the following on the vsnet.debugging newsgroup five days ago, and haven't heard anything. Does anybody here know the answer? I am a VS .NET, C#, and ASP.NET newbie working my way through "Microsoft ASP.NET Programming with Microsoft Visual C# .NET Step by Step". I installed VS .NET evaluation product as Administrator, and am trying to use it on my Limited account. I am trying to load the Chapter 1 example and run it with debugging (F5). I ran into a series of problems. I was able to solve some -- needed to add my account to the VS Developers and Debugging gro...

Getting started .net website

Getting started with JScript.NET

How do I get started with AJAX.Net?

Web resources about - Getting 3.1 to start in debug mode in vs.net 2003. - asp.net.dotnetnuke-get-started

Trump's Upcoming Israel Visit Puts Netanyahu in a Bind
TIME Trump's Upcoming Israel Visit Puts Netanyahu in a Bind New York Times JERUSALEM — A planned visit to Israel by U.S. Republican hopeful ...

San Bernardino Attack: A Look at the 14 Lives Lost
San Bernardino attack: The 14 killed included new parents, immigrants, devoted county workers

Yahoo's newly proposed spinoff plan could expose shareholders to a substantial tax bill and the company ...
Allan Sloan / Washington Post : Yahoo's newly proposed spinoff plan could expose shareholders to a substantial tax bill and the company to a ...

U.S. top court divided over affirmative action in college admissions
By Lawrence Hurley WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Conservative justices expressed deep doubt on Wednesday about a university student admissions policy ...

1 After Another, Chicago Police Videos Made Public
Under a national spotlight, Chicago releases video after video showing police encounters

'Straight Outta Compton' Director F. Gary Gray Reacts to SAG Award Nomination
Actors Ice Cube , O’Shea Jackson Jr , and director F. Gary Gray pose together at the Straight Outta Compton Celebration Lunch held at Chevalier ...

Alexander Skarsgard Unleashes His Wild Side in First Trailer for ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ – WATCH
The first trailer for the upcoming film The Legend of Tarzan has been released and teases glimpses of star Alexander Skarsgard’s muscled body ...

Madonna Performed Free Outdoor Concert In Paris To Commemorate Recent Tragedy
After finishing her Rebel Heart tour concert at the Accor Hôtels Arena in Paris, Madonna headed to Place de la République to perform a trio of ...

Can The Toxicity Of Ted Cruz Actually Be Trumpf's GOP Insurance Policy?
At Trumpf's bund rally in South Carolina a few days ago, he Islamophobic remarks got most of the news. But did you miss that he also seems to ...

YouTube Rewind 2015 celebrates the year’s top videos
The year's almost over, and that means it is time for YouTube's year in review. YouTube is home to content covering all aspects of the year — ...