User Controls loading on a web tab every page load

I have user controls loading every single time I run a page load.  I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for dynamically loading these controls? I can achieve this but with my web tab that I currently have my tabClick event comes back on the page load and I would need to know the the selected tab before initialization of the page in order to keep the controls persistence.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I have about exhaust all possibilities with this one.

0
justinmichaels

Add the controls to the page in Page_Init event. And everything should work fine. Dynamically added controls need to be added everytime in the Page_Init event that would cause ASP.Net to map the ViewState of the controls to the newly added controls.

- Sujit

sujitm

Web page .aspx is slow when loading. Pages have web user controls on them that are loaded dynamically
I have written a web application using VS 2003. Several of my forms have web user controls on them. The controls are loaded dynamically at runtime. The problem is that the web pages are very slow to load. Does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the pages being loaded into the browser? Here is an example of some code I use to dynamically load the controls:  private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  {   // Put user code to initialize the page here   // Put user code to initialize the page here    Control marketWebUserControl = Page.LoadControl("Market.ascx");   // Typecast the user control to the strong name   // And set its properties    //((Market)c).BackColor = Color.Beige;      MarketSubMarketPh.Controls.Add(marketWebUserControl);  }  Honestly it all depends what your controls are page is doing.... Some general hints is to remove viewstate if possible and second check the size of the page that's being created in html.... By viewing the source and saving that text file, you could be amazed at the size...  Another idea would be to trace your page and see what's killing the load time.. To do this simply add Trace=True in your <@ Page declarative. on the aspx page.   Oh one more thing.... Instead of dynamically adding your controls if it's not necessary i would suggest jus...

To access a control placed in a web user control which is loaded during page load in button click event
How can I access a control in a web user control in a button click event , the user control is loaded in page load.Thanks & Regards,Abhiram Reddy Mekha. Try checking this... http://microsoft.apress.com/asptodayarchive/73869/event-handling-between-custom-user-controls-that-are-loaded-at-run-time http://aspalliance.com/565_Dynamic_Loading_of_ASPNET_User_Controls http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Controls-Run-Time.aspx http://stackoverflow.com/questions/92792/user-control-created-dynamically-not-able-to-handle-events-on-postback http://www.codersource.net/asp_net_user_c...

load user control from server custom control
hi all,i have a 3rd party menu control that consists of a bunch of HyperLinks and a PlaceHolder control (C# v1.1.4) . links to .ascx files are retrieved from a data source, and when the page containing the control is loaded or a link clicked, the control uses this.Page.LoadControl(strLink) to add the .ascx to the PlaceHolder. fine and dandy, probably wouldnt have done it that way myself, but i'm stuck with it :)the problem is events: i can't raise 'em :( if i have for example a Button control on one of the .ascx pages, the Button.Click will go by unnoticed on the post-back. stran...

Web user control loading if page is been loaded
I have a User Web control with a updatepanel. The user webcontrol does take some time to load, so I want to wait with loading the User Webcontrol Till the page is been loaded and showed to the user. How can I make do this ? This example explains about on demand UI loading. I think this is what you are looking for http://msmvps.com/blogs/omar/archive/2007/11/09/on-demand-ui-loading-on-ajax-websites.aspx  http://devarchive.net/loading_user_controls_using_with_page_methods.aspx (Loading User Controls Using ASP.NET AJAX Page Methods ) http://forums.as...

Load Web User Control on Page Load
I have a web page, with a header and footer web control and it all works great. What i want to do is load a web user control on load of the page. Let me explain a little more. If i have a links page (links.aspx) with 3 web user controls. header.ascx, footer.ascx, and link.ascx. When i click on a link thats contained in the link.ascx i want to use the same links.aspx (mostly for the header and footer controls) but i want to load another web user control in the same spot where the old link.ascx is. Is this possible? Thanks!.. :: kleptos :: .. <%@ Page %> <%@ Regist...

tabs control .. how to load web control on user click?
hello , i have a simple question how do i load a control like ( LastNews.ascx )  to a tab  when the user click on it?  Hi,You may achieve it in this way:1. Add a UpdatePanel into the tab2. Add a invisible button in it as a trigger for the UpdatePanel3. In the click event of the button, load the UserControl into the UpdatePanel4. Add  an event handler to the activeTabChanged event of the tabContainer.5. In the handler, trigger the click event of the invisible button Hope this helps. ...

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

Dynamically Loaded User Control inside Custom Server Control Weirdness
Hello, I have a wizard controller server control that walks the steps of a wizard and dynamically loads the user control to display for the wizard page using Page.LoadControl. Everything is working great! Until this showed up. One of the controls on the user control is another custom server control. This server control on the dynamically loaded user control makes use of RegisterClientScriptBlock. For some reason, the client side code for RegisterClientScriptBlock never gets rendered! I stepped through the code to ensure that RegisterClientScriptBlock gets called, it does. If I ...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control like this (One that contains multiple controls), what should I be looking at? Custom Controls? Is there any way to have something like a form designer to do the layout with? Some might disagree with me, but when I think of several controls I think of a Web User Control. For example, a login dialog is what I would consider a Web User Control. But can a Web User Control have events? I've noticed when I use one, It doesn't appear to work the same as a normal control. I don't have a member variable for it, and the Control's properties don't seem to support events. I have a Microsoft Press book OOP: Building Reusable Components with Visual Basic .NET. The book's authors venture this about User Controls vs. Custom Server Controls: "We'll cut to the chase right away and explain which control to use in one sentence: user controls are best when you create reusable user interfac...

How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page?
Hi, How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page? Thanks. For the most part, the load sequence on a web page is not relevant since all controls must be present before the page can be used. Could you provide more information as to what you're trying to do?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient." Hi, As far as I know, we have no luck to control the load order of the Web controls on a page. However, if we need to load some controls under given conditions, we can achieve this by adding them dynamically instead.Forward SunMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

Javascript inside "web user control" not run if load "web user control" under ajax UpdatePanel

Hi,  Please help,  I've posted this a week ago and never got a response.  I'm still stuck on the same problem.I have a panel that I load user Control in no problem.  The problemarrises when I do a post back on one of these user controls.  I havebutton it does a click event.  In this click event I will do somedatabase updates, then I will use reflection to call a method in theparent (this.page) to load the new user control.  Its at this pointafter it loads the new user control that it throws the error "Thecontrol must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server".Now, my methods that managers the user control works.  I am able toclick on the parent page menu and load other user controls no problem.This only occurs when I'm trying to load a new user control in place ofthe current user control from the current child user control.So something like this:Parent page has method:public void PostBackLoadUserControl(string Description, stringfileName) {        LoadUserControl(fileName);}Current user control click event does this:protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {        //Session.Add("LoadUC",  new string[] { "Test Control 4","test4.ascx" });            MethodInfo mi =this.Page.GetType().GetMethod("PostBackLoadUserControl"...

Custom Control or dynamic loading user controls?

Access controls in User Control in Page Load
What is the better way of getting values from a user control in the load event of the page containing the user control. In my scenario the user control has some drop downs and based on the selections it gather info from the db through ajax. Now I want to access these values and selected values on load event of the container. One way to do this is to make public 0width textboxes in user control and then access them in postback. But that is i guess the pathetic way as different browsers will render 0width textboxes in their own style also i have to make them public which i am not comfortable w...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

download a Framework for using User Controls in single page and loading User Control in dynamicly.
 DynamicUserControlFramework through a series of custom interface extends the Page and UserControl type, and in the process of dynamic ASP.NET pages called User Controls, back in control of events in the course of the conversation, and Page can effectively control the dynamic control Predefined behavior.In DynamicUserControlFramework on the basis of, we can achieve a certain degree of modular development, to User Control as a unit, a plug-in combination, because Page and User Control of the acts are united in a series of interface, different modules on the integration and communication ...

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading
I have this problem with this download functionality. I'm using a drop down list, and when the user selects an item in that list (selectedindexchanged), a repeater control is automatically binded with the datasource and the repeater is nested in an update panel so no full post back occurs.   The problem is some downloads in the drop down list will not work but others will. The ones that don't work says "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading," and in IE it just says "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page "   I checked my data source and the file name is spelt correct and everything. Another problem is that after awhile, if I continually select items in the drop down list, I get this other error "The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted" //download button click eventprotected void btnDownload_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {if (dlistDownloads.SelectedIndex != 0) { DownloadFile(); } }   //Download the fileprotected void DownloadFile() {string selectedItem = dListDownloads.Text; Download d = new Download();DataSet ds = d.GetDownloadInformationByName(selectedItem); string dLocation = (string)ds.Tables[4].Rows[0][2];int index = dLocation.LastIndexOf("\\"); //get file name with extensionstring fileName = dLocation.Substring(index + 1);if (dLocation != null) { //download file Response.Clear(); Response.ContentType = ...

web parts(user control) clear automaticaly when page is binded in page load
Hi to all,          I am having a webpartzone, user controls are added to thatin  page load event as follows                 Dim uc As Control = Me.LoadControl(strcontrol)                uc.ID = panel.PanelID                Dim gp As GenericWebPart = MainWebPartManager.CreateWebPart(uc)      &nb...

Web page is slow to load, using several different web user controls?
I have a web form that uses three user controls. When the page loads it is so slow, taking several seconds to load the other controls. Does anyone know how I might fix this? Here is the main .aspx page that has the controls.  <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="DocList.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="DocumentMgmt.DocList" %> <%@ Register Src="Controls/DesktopPortalBanner.ascx" TagName="DesktopPortalBanner" TagPrefix="uc2" %> <%@ Register Src="Controls/DocMgmtStandard.ascx" TagPre...

How to Load User Control From Within User Control
I'd like to load a user control, that has its code-behind compiled into an assembly, from within another user control. The user control you see below is used as a page template, contained within a .aspx file. There is no code in the MySite.Web.UI.Pages.PageTemplate class. <%@ Control Language="C#" Inherits="MySite.Web.UI.Pages.PageTemplate" %> <%@ Register TagPrefix="mysite" Namespace="MySite.Web.UI.Controls" Assembly="MySite.Web" %> <div id="container"> <div id="pageHeader"> ...

load user control at runtime without Page or Control instance
I'm trying to read out an .ascx file at runtime in order to retrieve a list of textboxes within that control. Is there any way to do this WITHOUT calling LoadControl() from a page or control object? Thanks a lot###################### Raphaël Michel :: TNM :: www.tnm.be Only other method that comes to my mind is using Page.ParseControl where the control syntax (declarative) is given as string to the method and it returns the instance. But this involves using Page as well. Why can't you use those two ways you mentioned?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU I'm partially working asyn...

Hi, I have a custom control in which I need to load a user control based on some criteria. It definately works fine at run time (using Page.LoadControl()) but it does not work at design time. Yes, there is no Page object at design time so it will not work. How can i load or display the user control within my control at design time ? Please help me out. thanks, Sunil  ...

User Control VB.Net x Web Custom Control
I was thinking in create a user control in VB.Net, and use it in a Asp.Net as possible? So I thought about it is gonna be better than make a Web Custom Control, so i thought again, nope... But i need to know better because a don't have a progress bar in asp.net for example.... Could Somebody tell me about??? in a reallity i know the asnwer but i would like to explain by myself... Thank's Antonio...

Web resources about - User Controls loading on a web tab every page load - asp.net.custom-server-controls

How-To: Easily move items to full screen apps with Mission Control
Mission Control is a great feature found in OS X that can simplify the process of moving items between full screen apps when combined with Hot ...

Disable Windows 10's Microsoft Consumer Experience to take control of your Start menu
... used to add links to more third party apps in future. Here's what you need to do to disable the Microsoft Consumer Experience and regain control ...

GOP Debate: Rubio Criticizes Gun Control, Does Not Mention His Vote for 1999 Gun Ban
GOP Debate: Rubio Criticizes Gun Control, Does Not Mention His Vote for 1999 Gun Ban

Apple's latest software update will let bosses control the layout of apps on company iPhones
Apple is going to give more control to companies in a new software update that will let them arrange apps, block certain apps, and hide individual ...

Device enables monkeys tp control wheelchair with their minds
New research is giving monkeys amazing capabilities, and could help humans in the future

High-flying hack: Researcher shows how to seize control of a drone
German grad student Nils Rodday figured out how to intercept flight instructions and start flying a drone himself. He says the hardware he exploited ...

I Thought My Body Was Shutting Down — Until I Quit My Birth Control
​Michelle Morton's chronic pain may have been caused by her birth control.

Star Fox Zero's motion controls can't be fully disabled
IGN reports that, despite earlier claims , motion controls can't be fully disabled for Star Fox Zero . Nintendo issued a statement explaining ...

Researchers train monkeys to mind-control a wheelchair
A team of scientists at Duke University have developed a wheelchair that is controlled exclusively by the thoughts of its user in this case, ...