How to Render controls within an UpdatePanel in a Custom Server Control

Hi,

Im writting a CompositeControl that contains a few UpdatePanels (TabContainer with an UpdatePanel on each TabPanel to make Tab control panels load "on-demand").

I want to control the renderring of the controls within the UpdatePanel's ContentTemplateContainer.

How should I implement the render method of my CompositeControl?

Should I use a custom UpdatePanel (inherit from UpdatePanel and override the RenderContents method)?

is there a simpler solution? (because I need a different "render" for each tab panel....)

Thanks
Tal88
0
tal88

I want to control the renderring of the controls within the UpdatePanel's ContentTemplateContainer.

Based on my understanding, If you want to render controls in the UpdatePanel, you have to make a custom updatePanel control which inherits from the updatePanel control.

You can create you child control in the CreateChildControls method, and then, add it to into the template you want.

Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai

Thanks for your reply, can you do you any sample code for a customed UpdatePanel.

should I override the  CreateContentTemplateContainer()  method? (http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/mref/M_System_Web_UI_UpdatePanel_CreateContentTemplateContainer.aspx)

I thought of another poosible solution for controling the render of controls within an UpdatePanel,

in CreateChildControls method i add to the UpdatePanel ContentTemplate  LiteralControls that holds Table elements,

Do you think its correct?

 if I choose to create a custom UpdatePanel I will need to create at least 5  different types of customed UpdatePanel as I need different controls and therefore

different  design foreach UpdatePanel. (ny CompositeControl contains a TabContainer so each TabPanel contains an UpdatePanel).

below is some code from CreateChildControls :

DealsUpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<table border='1' class='StkInfo'>"));

DealsUpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<tr>"));

DealsUpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<td colspan=6 style='text-align:center' class='StkInfoHeaderR' >"));

DealsUpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(lblLastDealHeader);

DealsUpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(
new LiteralControl("</td>"));

DealsUpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("</tr>"));

DealsUpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<tr>"));

DealsUpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<td colspan='3' class='StkInfo'>"));

DealsUpdatePanel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(lblVolumeValDeals);

Thanks,

Tal88

0
tal88

Custom Control within a Control Control

How to render a repeater control in the custom server control?
 How to render a repeater control in the custom server  control because there is a lot of element inside the repeater control? My code is as follows: <div> <asp:Repeater ID="rptFields" runat="server"> <HeaderTemplate> <table> </HeaderTemplate> <ItemTemplate> <tr> <td><%# Eval("Prompt") %>:</td> <td><asp:PlaceHolder ID="plControl" runat="server" /> <input type="...

Custom Server Control to render multiple Controls
I have a need to build a reusable "Custom Server Control" that will in turn render multiple controls at runtime. The four controls I need it to render are as follows  <asp:Label ID="divLogin" runat="server" Text=" | " /> <asp:LoginStatus CssClass="footer" ID="LoginStatus1" runat="server" LogoutPageUrl="Default.aspx" /> <asp:Label ID="divAdmin" runat="server" Text=" | " /> <asp:HyperLink CssClass="footer" ID="btnAdmin" NavigateUrl=&...

Using a server control in the rendering a custom control
Hi. I have a custom control that overrides the Render method to draw itself.  Is it possible to use a server control (asp:Image, wwHoverPanel, etc.) inside such a custom control or would I have to rewrite my custom control as a composite control? I'd like to do something something like:protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter w) { w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Table); w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Tr) w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Td) // somehow place asp:Label here w.RenderEndTag(); // column w.RenderEndTag(); // row ...

Custom Control within a Custom Control
I have two individual custom controls say custom cc1 and cc2. cc1 is communicating to cc2 using event delegate mechanism.I have tested the behaviour by dropping cc1 and cc2 onto a Web Page and it works fine. I want to create a third custom control say cc3 which should contain both cc1 and cc2. So that if i drag and drop cc3 onto a Web Page i can acheive exactly what i am doing above. The problem is that i am not sure how to call/register a custom control within a custom control ? Any clue ? Thanks!! Hi, Do you mean adding custom control to custom control? I think you can use the same wa...

Server Controls Within Server Controls
I'm a little new to server controls so this question may seem silly, but has anyone had trouble with events from custom server controls that are embedded in other custom server controls? I'm trying to create a composite control that creates a list of items and creates an instance of another composite control for each item. So for example the list could be a collection of addresses that has an editor composite control for each item. The editor composite control allows the user to edit the item and click on a save button. This works fine if it is on it's own (ie not part of the list ...

How do you expose the event of a child server control from within a custom control?
I am trying to create a custom control that has a server control (dropdownlist) as a child.  I need to be able to expose the selectedindexchanged event from the dropdownlist at the page level.  How do you do this?  Here is a quick abbreviated example I wrote to show what I am trying to do:  My Custom Control1 Public Class MyCustomControl 2 Inherits Control 3 ' Variables 4 Protected WithEvents ddlServerControl As New DropDownList 5 ' Methods 6 Private Sub MyCustomControl_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System...

Efficient way to initialize controls within a Custom Server Control.
Hi, Im writting a CompositeControl and Im wandering if I its recommended to use Application in the initialization of controls (in the Controls collection)  in  CreateChildControls() function (by checking if  its a postback) How can I avoid  naming conflicts? (if the hosting web form defines Application variables with the same names I define in my CompositeControl). Thanks, Tal88 CompositeControl implements INamingContainer which ensures that your control and its child controls will get unique ids.  as far as CreateChildControl, be sure to set Child...

Custom Server Control With Child Control
All, I am currently putting together a very simple control. The new control outputs a table with two rows. The top row contains a heading and the bottom row will contain any other content. The control as it stands works perfectly well and I can place text into the content row no problem. Now, to the problem. Once I'd completed the control I figured it would be neat to enable the developer to add controls directly into the bottom row (content row) of the outputted table. As you probably know the WebControl class has a Controls collection which the developer can use to add any other...

Web resources about - How to Render controls within an UpdatePanel in a Custom Server Control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Newest 'internet-explorer-11' Questions - Stack Overflow
current community chat blog Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow Stack Overflow Careers your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list. ...

Calendar of Events - St Paul the Apostle Primary, Winston Hills
... Paul the Apostle is a two-stream Catholic parish school in Winston Hills, catering for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6. Hidden UpdatePanel, ...

Drink of the Week - Logicum
Logicum It's Logical to share Menu Skip to content Home Contests Food Recipes Drink of the Week Health Technology Sports Space World Day Weapons ...

Advert-Rotator™ Rotate any type of ad, advert or banner - Welcome
NEW : Google Adsense™ in AJAX Updatepanel - Rotate any type of advertisement on your website. Whether it is Google Adsense™, Flash video or banner, ...

dotnet HighCharts inside UpdatePanel
Read my article about the HighCharts.net databind? A frequently question regards the possibility to get functioning a dotnet.HighCharts chart ...

Blog Archive
Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Presentation
... the following demo Visual Studio 2008 projects: ASP.NET AJAX and jQuery Demo Illustrates how to use ASP.NET AJAX (ScriptManager, UpdatePanel, ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013

New Release of WatirMaker now WatirRecorder
Rutger Smit & Scott Hanselman have released a new version of WatirMaker, now retitled WatirRecorder. This is a great program for building UI ...

Work smarter: MS AJAX’s JavaScript type extensions
Examples of using Array.contains, Date.format, String.format, and other base type extensions to accelerate ASP.NET AJAX client side development. ...