handling events for controls in custom server control

Hi,

     I am having a problem in using server controls in ASP.Net, with C#.  I am trying to create a server control which contains 2 other server controls that I created (Called MyImageButton).  MyImageButton extends the standard ImageButton with some other properties & methods that I needed.  It therefore also has the 'OnClick' event.  From the original server control, I would like to handle the Click event for these 2 image buttons in the same server control.  Basically, this server control will show 2 images, ascending and descending and it will sort according to which is clicked by client.  I hope I'm explaining myself well enough.  This is a piece of the control.  The server control that contains the 2 other MyImageButtons is called MySortImage.

{

            CS.Controls.MyImageButton btnAscending = new MyImageButton();
            CS.Controls.MyImageButton btnDescending = new MyImageButton();

            btnAscending.Click += new ImageClickEventHandler(btnAscending_Click);
            btnDescending.Click += new ImageClickEventHandler(btnDescending_Click);
            this.Controls.Add(btnAscending);
            Literal lit = new Literal();
            lit.Text = " ";
            this.Controls.Add(lit);
            this.Controls.Add(btnDescending);
            base.Render(writer);
}

        protected void btnAscending_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)
        {
            Sort(CS.General.Enums.SORT_TYPE.Ascending);
        }

public void Sort(CS.General.Enums.SORT_TYPE sortType)
        {

            System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState Session = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session;
            Session["sortby"] = SortFieldName; //property string defined in this control
            Session["sorttype"] = sortType; //property enum defined in this control

        }

        protected void btnDescending_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)
        {
            Sort(CS.General.Enums.SORT_TYPE.Descending);
        }

However, when the clicks are made, no calls to 'btnDescending_Click' or 'btnAscending_Click' are being made.  Can you please tell me what is the problem with this code?

Thanks,

Karl

CasaSoft, Malta - Advanced Web Design & Development
0
twinpawer

 Try adding the event handlers OnInit... Render happens after all events have been processed, except like Disposed and Unloaded.

0
valenumr

Register Events on Control inside Custom Server Control
 I have some dynamically generated LinkButtons inside my custom server control. I never know how many there are going to end up being. I need to bind a 'Command' event to these. I understand that this nieeds to be done in the controls 'OnInit' event. I need to also add items to my server control dynamically in a pages codebehind, which will, in turn, dynamically create more linkbuttons. I'm having trouble keeping both these functionalities in one, as the OnInit event of the server control occurs before the page_Init event of my ASP.Net page.Here's the code of my ...

Custom Events in Custom Server Control
 Hi There I've created a custom server control. I have extended it by adding my own event which fires in one of the aggregated control's event handlers. My probelms is that I would like to be able to specify the event handler for the event from the aspx file as a tag attribute.Does anyone know how to link the attribute of a customer server control tag in the aspx file to a custom event in the class source for the control?   I've done this several times with Custom Controls.  All I do is declare the event in the CustomControl's class public...

Custom event for Custom server control
  Hi All, I have a custom server control (Multi selection drop downlist). This control contains AspxEditButton control(which is like textbox with button), check box list control and panel.I have to display all selected values in AspxEditButton at control is leaving that panel. How can i create LostFocus event for panel . Please anyone help meRegards, Anu All I can think of, is that there is a javascript "onblur" you could look into, maybe you could use some AJAX techniques to make that JavaScript event fire a server side ev...

How do you expose the event of a child server control from within a custom control?
I am trying to create a custom control that has a server control (dropdownlist) as a child.  I need to be able to expose the selectedindexchanged event from the dropdownlist at the page level.  How do you do this?  Here is a quick abbreviated example I wrote to show what I am trying to do:  My Custom Control1 Public Class MyCustomControl 2 Inherits Control 3 ' Variables 4 Protected WithEvents ddlServerControl As New DropDownList 5 ' Methods 6 Private Sub MyCustomControl_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System...

Custom Server Control With Child Control
All, I am currently putting together a very simple control. The new control outputs a table with two rows. The top row contains a heading and the bottom row will contain any other content. The control as it stands works perfectly well and I can place text into the content row no problem. Now, to the problem. Once I'd completed the control I figured it would be neat to enable the developer to add controls directly into the bottom row (content row) of the outputted table. As you probably know the WebControl class has a Controls collection which the developer can use to add any other...

Custom Server Control with Child Controls
I have a custom server control <xx.Parent... /> which parses custom child controls <xx.Child... />. In Visual Studio 2008, IntelliSense shows me both when I start typing my control namespace. How can I prevent the child control from showing up in IntelliSense  unless I'm adding it within the parent tags?Thanks. --Rudy...

Atlas control custom behavior let event of server control disable
I have a register page,I add custom behavior(blur event) to UserName and Email InputText to validate whether UserName and Email is exist.It works well. I write program in a <asp:Button> server control's click event to add user to database,but i found that it can't let this page postback when i click it.I wanna to add this user to database and let it login,so i can't use web service to do this.I know i can use a page method that binding to this button to do it.but i want to know how i can let this server button run as normally as without atlas?...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Event handling in Custom Server Controls
Please help me with this problem: I have a custom ToolBar control, which instantiates a PageSizeCbo, a custom server control which inherits from DropDownList. The ToolBar and the PageSizeCbo render on the page fine, but no events seem to fire. Here is the ToolBar class: ======================================== CODE ======================================== using System; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; namespace QuoteBuilder_0_3.Controls.ToolBar { public class ToolBar : Control, INamingContainer { private System.Collections.ArrayL...

Web resources about - handling events for controls in custom server control - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Anchor handling tug supply vessel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anchor Handling Tug Supply (AHTS) vessels are mainly built to handle anchors for oil rigs , tow them to location, anchor them up and, in a few ...

New Facebook SDK For IOS Adds Automatic Error Handling, Improved Login UI
... software-development kit for iOS is now available for download , with significant enhancements including a beta test of automatic error handling ...

Handling Disputes and Refunds
Handling Disputes and Refunds

Facebook Shares Stats on How Users are Handling the Latest Privacy Changes
Facebook’s traffic has yet to be affected by the aggressive privacy changes it made at the beginning of December, from what data we can see — ...

Handling five billion sessi
... that provides app developers with reliable, real-time and actionable insights into their mobile apps. Skip to main content Sign in Search Handling ...

Customer Service Handling
This group is for people in customer service profession facing the customer either in person or over phone.

Wrap Camera HD - Ultimate Picture Editor with Unique Paper Handling on the App Store on iTunes
Get Wrap Camera HD - Ultimate Picture Editor with Unique Paper Handling on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Dead domain handling page - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore anearthling's photos on Flickr. anearthling has uploaded 1692 photos to Flickr.

Frank Rich Talks New York Media, Handling Criticism - Media Beat (2 of 3) - YouTube
In the second part of our three-part "Media Beat" interview with him, Frank Rich talks about leaving The New York Times to join New York magazine, ...

34% Rate Obama’s Handling of Government Spending As Good or Excellent
Voters continue to question President Obama's handling of issues related to government spending and taxes. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone ...