Custom Server Control to render multiple Controls

I have a need to build a reusable "Custom Server Control" that will in turn render multiple controls at runtime.

The four controls I need it to render are as follows

	<asp:Label ID="divLogin" runat="server" Text=" | " />
	<asp:LoginStatus CssClass="footer" ID="LoginStatus1" runat="server" LogoutPageUrl="Default.aspx" />
	<asp:Label ID="divAdmin" runat="server" Text=" | " />
	<asp:HyperLink CssClass="footer" ID="btnAdmin" NavigateUrl="#" runat="server">Dashboard</asp:HyperLink></div>

Has anyone got any insight into this?

Thanks in advance!

Chase

Visual Studio 2008
ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Basic)
SQL Server Express

Check out my blog
0
rockinthesixstring

I figured this one out on my own.

Namespace ICMS.Controls
    Public Class DashboardLinks : Inherits WebControl : Implements INamingContainer

            Dim qs As String = HttpContext.Current.Request.QueryString("ID")
            If Not CInt(qs) = Settings.PageID Then Settings.Dispose_Instance()
            Dim s As Settings = If(qs Is Nothing, Settings.Instance(Nothing), Settings.Instance(CInt(qs)))

            Dim divider1, divider2, divider3 As New Label
            divider1.Text = " | "
            divider2.Text = " | "
            divider3.Text = " | "

            'Add the initial divider
            If _ShowFirstDivider = True Then Me.Controls.Add(divider1)

            Dim lb As New LoginStatus
            With lb
                .ID = "LoginStatus1"
                .LogoutPageUrl = "Default.aspx"
                .CssClass = _CssClass
                AddHandler .LoggingOut, AddressOf LoginStatus1_LoggingOut
            End With
            Me.Controls.Add(lb)

            If HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated Then
                'Add the second divider
                Me.Controls.Add(divider2)

                Dim Dash As New HyperLink
                With Dash
                    .CssClass = _CssClass
                    .NavigateUrl = "#"
                    .Attributes.Add("onclick", "openWin(" & s.ID & ",'Admin'); return false;")
                    .Text = "Dashboard"
                End With

                Me.Controls.Add(Dash)
            End If

            If _ShowLastDivider = True Then Me.Controls.Add(divider3)

        End Sub
        Friend _CssClass As String
        Friend _ShowFirstDivider As Boolean = True
        Friend _ShowLastDivider As Boolean = False

        Public Shadows Property CssClass() As String
            Get
                Return _CssClass
            End Get
            Set(ByVal value As String)
                _CssClass = value
            End Set
        End Property
        Public Property ShowFirstDivider() As Boolean
            Get
                Return _ShowFirstDivider
            End Get
            Set(ByVal value As Boolean)
                _ShowFirstDivider = value
            End Set
        End Property
        Public Property ShowLastDivider() As Boolean
            Get
                Return _ShowLastDivider
            End Get
            Set(ByVal value As Boolean)
                _ShowLastDivider = value
            End Set
        End Property

        Private Sub LoginStatus1_LoggingOut(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.LoginCancelEventArgs)
            FormsAuthentication.SignOut()

            Try
                Dim httpContext As System.Web.HttpContext = httpContext.Current
                Dim vURL As String = httpContext.Items("UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter.VirtualUrl").ToString()
                Dim vQS As String = httpContext.Items("UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter.ClientQueryString").ToString()
                Dim newURL As String = vURL.Replace("?" + vQS, "")
                httpContext.Current.Response.Redirect(newURL)
            Catch : End Try

            HttpRuntime.Close()
        End Sub
    End Class
End Namespace

Chase

Visual Studio 2008
ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Basic)
SQL Server Express

Check out my blog
0
rockinthesixstring

How to render a repeater control in the custom server control?
 How to render a repeater control in the custom server  control because there is a lot of element inside the repeater control? My code is as follows: <div> <asp:Repeater ID="rptFields" runat="server"> <HeaderTemplate> <table> </HeaderTemplate> <ItemTemplate> <tr> <td><%# Eval("Prompt") %>:</td> <td><asp:PlaceHolder ID="plControl" runat="server" /> <input type="...

Using a server control in the rendering a custom control
Hi. I have a custom control that overrides the Render method to draw itself.  Is it possible to use a server control (asp:Image, wwHoverPanel, etc.) inside such a custom control or would I have to rewrite my custom control as a composite control? I'd like to do something something like:protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter w) { w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Table); w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Tr) w.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Td) // somehow place asp:Label here w.RenderEndTag(); // column w.RenderEndTag(); // row ...

How to Render controls within an UpdatePanel in a Custom Server Control
Hi,Im writting a CompositeControl that contains a few UpdatePanels (TabContainer with an UpdatePanel on each TabPanel to make Tab control panels load "on-demand"). I want to control the renderring of the controls within the UpdatePanel's ContentTemplateContainer.How should I implement the render method of my CompositeControl?Should I use a custom UpdatePanel (inherit from UpdatePanel and override the RenderContents method)? is there a simpler solution? (because I need a different "render" for each tab panel....)Thanks Tal88 Hi, I want to control the renderring o...

Custom Server Control With Child Control
All, I am currently putting together a very simple control. The new control outputs a table with two rows. The top row contains a heading and the bottom row will contain any other content. The control as it stands works perfectly well and I can place text into the content row no problem. Now, to the problem. Once I'd completed the control I figured it would be neat to enable the developer to add controls directly into the bottom row (content row) of the outputted table. As you probably know the WebControl class has a Controls collection which the developer can use to add any other...

Custom Server Control with Child Controls
I have a custom server control <xx.Parent... /> which parses custom child controls <xx.Child... />. In Visual Studio 2008, IntelliSense shows me both when I start typing my control namespace. How can I prevent the child control from showing up in IntelliSense  unless I'm adding it within the parent tags?Thanks. --Rudy...

Custom Control within a Control Control

custom server control deployed for multiple site on server
Please let me know if this is the wrong spot to be asking this. I'm building a dynamic CMS solution where one set of code will host multiple sites and content will be based on the DB.  Each site will have some specific information for that site and a admin site where they control the content. Very similar to a standard CMS solution.  Where I think this is different is most of the content will be custom server controls that will act like widgets on the site.  Client will be able to place them where they want from the admin and it will save this to the db.  My pr...

handling events for controls in custom server control
Hi,     I am having a problem in using server controls in ASP.Net, with C#.  I am trying to create a server control which contains 2 other server controls that I created (Called MyImageButton).  MyImageButton extends the standard ImageButton with some other properties & methods that I needed.  It therefore also has the 'OnClick' event.  From the original server control, I would like to handle the Click event for these 2 image buttons in the same server control.  Basically, this server control will show 2 images, ascending and descendin...

Adding controls to a Custom DataGrid Server Control
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. I'm working on creating my own customized datagrid control. I've created a class which inherits "System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid" and when I add my new datagrid control library to my project it seems to work nicely. Now I want to add some submit buttons to appear at the bottom of my datagrid control. How do I do this? Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie at server controls. Here's what I've tried: Public Class UberDataGrid Inherits DataGrid Private MyButton As Button ...

Web resources about - Custom Server Control to render multiple Controls - asp.net.custom-server-controls

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Man charged with murder of 21yo found on road in Tewantin with multiple stab wounds
Police charge a man with the murder of a 21-year-old man found lying on a road with multiple stab wounds to his chest.

Multiple shots fired at Atlanta mall - abc13.com
Multiple shots were fired Saturday evening in a suburban Atlanta mall, prompting a frantic rush by shoppers to evacuate.

Nigeria: Over 70 Feared Killed in Borno, Adamawa Multiple Blasts
More than 70 people were feared killed in multiple bomb attacks believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants and their agents in ...

Facebook is testing multiple topic-based News Feeds for mobile devices
... the information you want to see at the appropriate times. According to the screenshots taken by Jason Stein, Facebook looks to be testing multiple, ...

Munich Police: Islamic State Planned New Year’s Eve Attack with Multiple Suicide Bombers
Munich police warned of a “serious, imminent threat” by Islamic State group suicide bombers wanting to commit an attack on New Year’s Eve.

An insanely high percentage of people — about 42% — are seeing "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" multiple ...
With the enormous box office sales "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is generating, it's a good bet that many people are going back numerous times ...

Miami teen shot multiple times at grandma's home
The victim reportedly remains in the hospital as police continue to search for the suspect

Gov. Jerry Brown pardoned Robert Downey Jr. for his multiple crimes in the ’90s
I’m old enough to remember when Robert Downey Jr. was an utter mess. Back in the ‘90s, I lost count of how many times he was arrested, how many ...

Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported
CNN Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported CNN Kano, Nigeria (CNN) An industrial gas tank exploded in southern ...