Control In Control Problem

Hi, guys.
I've written two web controls for reservation system.
One is a Datepicker which alows user to pick a date (pretty obvious Stick out tongue) and another one is a Reservation which alows user to pick a location (hotel) and number of rooms and number of people in each room.
Both of them inherit WebControl and implement ICallbackEventHandler and INamingContainer
I bind to them list with available days... List of hotels and regions (if it's to be used for reservation in hotels chain) well... whatever...

Both of them work great while I don't try to include the DatePicker in the Reservation... Here's where problems begin..

1) I can't set any property of the DatePicker via Properties Window (it just pay no attention to my actions).
2) It (DatePicker) is not functioning in a proper way.. well... not functioning at all :-(((

If I have those controls on a page non included one in the other then they work fine together
If I have multiple DatePickers or multiple Reservations on a single Page they work too.

Can any one teach me to include one server control in another? pleeeaaasseee.... Angel
0
never_again

If you are trying to put two controls into one control, the CompositeControl is a good place to start.
Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones

Custom Control within a Control Control

Control in control problems
************* Edited by moderator Adec *************** Inserted missing < code></ code> tags. Always include such tags when including code in your postings. Many readers disregard postings without the code tags. ************************************************** Here is the senario I am presented with. I will follow it with the code. Webform 1 contains User Control 1. Now, this control contains User Control 2. I have Webform 1 call a subroutine 1 in User Control 1. This sub routine, calls a subroutine 2 in User control 2. Unfortunately, VS2003 will not allow Use...

Web control (Server control) problem
Help on web control (server control). In my backend code of my form when the user click register. ActiveUp.WebControls.ActiveDateTime BirthDateSelector I get u.BirthDate = BirthDateSelector.Date When I debug the application BirthDateSelector is undefined in User.cs // Code below. Can someone help me. <% Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="Active.Webcontrols" Assembly="ActiveDateTime" %> Now in my web form I have the following <cc1:ActiveDateTime id="BirthDateSelector" runat="server" AllowNull=&q...

Custom Server Control With Child Control
All, I am currently putting together a very simple control. The new control outputs a table with two rows. The top row contains a heading and the bottom row will contain any other content. The control as it stands works perfectly well and I can place text into the content row no problem. Now, to the problem. Once I'd completed the control I figured it would be neat to enable the developer to add controls directly into the bottom row (content row) of the outputted table. As you probably know the WebControl class has a Controls collection which the developer can use to add any other...

Custom Server Control with Child Controls
I have a custom server control <xx.Parent... /> which parses custom child controls <xx.Child... />. In Visual Studio 2008, IntelliSense shows me both when I start typing my control namespace. How can I prevent the child control from showing up in IntelliSense  unless I'm adding it within the parent tags?Thanks. --Rudy...

Custom control problem (Templated Control)
Hello ASP.NET community,I recently a control that is very simple, really. It's suppose to look like the UpdatePanel<asp:UpdatePanel><ContentTemplate>Stuff</ContentTemplate></asp:UpdatePanel> as you know where i have "stuff" we can put all bunch of controls and then initialise them in the code behind.In my control I do the same,        private ITemplate tmpContentTemplate = null;        [DefaultValue(null)]        [Description("The content te...

Server Controls Within Server Controls
I'm a little new to server controls so this question may seem silly, but has anyone had trouble with events from custom server controls that are embedded in other custom server controls? I'm trying to create a composite control that creates a list of items and creates an instance of another composite control for each item. So for example the list could be a collection of addresses that has an editor composite control for each item. The editor composite control allows the user to edit the item and click on a save button. This works fine if it is on it's own (ie not part of the list ...

Custom Control within a Custom Control
I have two individual custom controls say custom cc1 and cc2. cc1 is communicating to cc2 using event delegate mechanism.I have tested the behaviour by dropping cc1 and cc2 onto a Web Page and it works fine. I want to create a third custom control say cc3 which should contain both cc1 and cc2. So that if i drag and drop cc3 onto a Web Page i can acheive exactly what i am doing above. The problem is that i am not sure how to call/register a custom control within a custom control ? Any clue ? Thanks!! Hi, Do you mean adding custom control to custom control? I think you can use the same wa...

Web resources about - Control In Control Problem - asp.net.custom-server-controls

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board makes major residency requirement changes at last minute - Alaska Dispatch ...
... program.” At the end of an all-day meeting Friday to craft Alaska's first regulations over the cannabis industry, the state Marijuana Control ...

69 percent of users would bypass security controls to win a big deal
When faced with the chance of clinching a major deal people are willing to throw security controls out of the window. This is according to research ...

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

Lawyer: Jamar Clark had control of police officer's gun
Lawyer for a Minneapolis police officer involved in fatal shooting of Jamar Clark said Clark had control of a cop's gun during a scuffle in which ...

DC Police Chief, “If you’re in a position to try and take the gunman down…it’s the best option for saving ...
... in a position to try and take the gunman down…it’s the best option for saving lives before police can get there,” Yet DC Supports Gun Control ...

USB Volume Control
... computer speakers, they often have a volume knob you can mount somewhere on your desk so you aren’t dependent on the onboard volume control. ...