Calendar control - databinding to a calendar

normally i use a variation of a subclassed calendar (http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/MellDataCalendar.asp) but now i find myself needing to add actuall controls into the cells representing the days - in the one in the link it doesnt work and I havent been able to modify my version to handle it - I dont think you can when subclassing the calendar control

My question is this: has anyone done something like this - if so how do i fix this issue or where do i start on building a control to handle templates for a databound calendar that will allow me to add web controls into the cells?

TIA

Dylan Barber
read my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com
Pants Optional!
0
codegalaxy

Need a server control that uses the calendar control
I want to develop a server control that uses the calendar control.  This new control will have one string property passed in from the outside.  The control will use a SQL stored proc to gather data used in the page render section of the calendar control.  The property will be passed to the stored proc.  In case you're wondering, I need this because I program in VB and an app that I need to use this in is written in C#.  Once I have the control, I can put it in the app and use it as desired.  I have the working code in a web project, I just need to know how...

Making the .NET calendar control as a floating control
Hi, I need to implement the .NET calendar control as a floating control. Is it possible to do that? If so, can you let me know how to do that?With Regards,Saravana Kumar M R  You could use the calendar extender control in the AJAX control toolkit. You can download the toolkit here, and there is a sample here.My Blog...

Calendar control
I would like to use the Calendar control to allow the user to pick their date of birth. The problem I am running into is that the Calendar control shows the current month September 2006.If somebody is born on January 22, 1941 it is very cumbersome  to click through all the years and months to finally arrive at the right date.How can I make it easier for the user to find their date of birth by using the Calendar control. Without the click, click, click and click…………………………………………...

Upload control / color chart control / calendar control
Does anyone know of an advanced upload control with all the bells and whistles available? The same for a color chart and calendar control. Thank you, Steve About a chart control you can try one I wrote: WebChart Control It is free. Chart FX for .NET is the most advanced charting control for ASP.NET. You can check it out at www.softwarefx.com --- IG Software FX Yep. But Dundas isn't shabby either. DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone defi...

Custom web control
I am developing a calendar custom control. I have a textbox, an image button and a calendar displayed, all three are rendered on a Panel. I want to track the mouse movement, so that when the mouse moves out of the panel or out of the calendar, i will hide the calendar(make the .visible as false). Is there any method with which i can do it. Now if i click on the image button the calendar comes up, but if i dont choose any date and then click on an empty area on the page, the calendar is still displayed, i need avoid that. regds K.Those who have never made a mistake, Has neve...

Custom control containing Calendar Control (bring to front)
I've created a custom user control containing a text box, image button, and calendar control wrapped into a panel. This will mimic a "popup" date control, the problem is I have other web form controls underneath the calendar when the image is clicked. I've tried chaning the Z-ORDER property of the user control but that doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!...

Custom Calendar Control in VB.NET
I need to develop a custom calendar control in vb.net.can anyone give me an example... Try this, although it uses the ASP.NET Calendar control:http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/041603-1.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!  i want code for custom asp.net calendar control. Hi DreamBig, In this case, please refer to the following article, which covers how to develop a custom Calendar control to meet specific requirements. http://www.codeproject.com/KB/custom-controls/CoolCalendar.aspx Also, you can use Reflecto...

Bulk Edit Grid View with Calendar Control with ATLAS Calendar Control in update Panel
I have a Grid View that IS functional with a bulk edit function, but whenever I have more than 1 row in the Grid View the Date Text Boxes will not update on SelectionChanged on the Calendar Control. Anyone have any ideas? The code is us in the aspx.vb file is: Protected Sub CalAssigned_SelectionChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) PopupControlExtender1.Commit(CalAssigned.SelectedDate.ToShortDateString) My GridView is Functional just I cant add a date to any text box....only the bottom most row. Any help is appreciated.If you get an answer to your question, please...

Calendar control under dropdown controls
Hi  I have seen that AJAX had a problem displaying under/not over some controls and the calendar itself was hidden, wrong z-layer. I have not found any good solution to this problem and I am using the latest ajax dll. I am building a application for a big client with only IE6 Is there any fix? Best Regards Staffan        /* IE6 Calendar fix */ ..ajax__calendar { position: relative; } ..ajax__calendar iframe { left: 0px !important; top: 0px !important; }  /* End Fix */...

Datalist controlled by calendar control
I'm building a calendar of events. I do not know how to pull in the SelectedDate to a variable for generating a new datalist view. I've attached the code that I have so far. I would like to break out the databinding to a subroutine, and call that from both the page load and the calendar date change functions. <%@ Page Language="c#" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %> <script runat="server"> private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) ...

Web resources about - Calendar control - databinding to a calendar - asp.net.custom-server-controls

javascript - Databinding in angularjs - Stack Overflow
Could someone explain to me how databinding works in the AngularJS framework? I haven't found technical details on their site. It's more or less ...

Styling and DataBinding Silverlight 4.0 ListBox
... for each item in the list Interaction - what happened when users interact with the ListBox and controls – mouse over effects etc. DataBinding ...

Windows Presentation Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Developed by Microsoft , the Windows Presentation Foundation (or WPF ) is a computer-software graphical subsystem for rendering user interfaces ...

Tomsondev Blog - My Company
... in Austria an across Europe, providing ... Tomsondev Blog Tom's opensource development My Company About Me Posts Announcements Databinding EMF ...

Tigraine
Daniel Hoelbling talks about programming Home Articles About me Articles Over the years I accumulated a number of (at least sometimes) useful ...

Building an Web application from the inside out; Using node.js to bootstrap a server from client JS
Over the winter holiday , Ben and I whipped together Project Appetite , an open source example that consumes the feeds from the Palm application ...

Microsoft announces Silverlight 5 beta will launch first half 2011
In a keynote presentation at the Silverlight Firestarter event this morning, Corporate Vice President in Microsoft's developer division, Scott ...

Blue Spire - Products
Caliburn.Micro A small, yet powerful framework designed for WPF, Silverlight and Windows Phone 7, Caliburn.Micro makes developing maintainable, ...

Silverlight - Blackboard
Silverlight is a development platform for creating rich media applications and business applications for the Web, desktop, and mobile devices.Microsoft ...

Latest Updates
Latest Updates - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 15 Feb 2013