What is the difference between crystal reports and Report viewer?

Hi All,

      Can any one tell me what is difference between crystal reprts and report viewer? Now i am generatig reports using crystal reports can i migrate to report viewer? is it possible? Report viewer is not supporting formula fields and parameter fields??

1
bhappy

The crystal report is the actual report file where you design the look of your report and can connect it to a database.  The Crystal Report Viewer is a control that can be placed on a web form to display your report.  The viewer takes care of things like navigating from page to page, it give you the option the export the report to pdf or word.  There is also the Microsoft Report Viewer which doesn't work with a Crystal Report.  Your question only mentions "report viewer", make sure you use the Crystal Report Viewer control if you are creating a crystal report.

Good luck,
Vince
A good ASP.NET book
0
varallov

report viewer with crystal reports
Hi every one ....i am a starter in integrating crystal reports to the asp .net website using report viewer.. it would be helpful if some one could point me on where to get started with some tutorials of 1. posting the crystal reports to the server 2. displaying the crystal reports in asp .net reportviewer control on a aspx page Thanks in advanceSriPlease mark as answer if it helped you Go to http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/, and http://aspalliance.com/crystal/.  If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy Blog...

retrieving crystal report graph images instead of using crystal report viewer
is it possible to retrieve the crystal report graph images without using the crystal report viewer.  ...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

How to render pdf directly on crystal report viewer (WHEN crystal report expects user input before rendering)
  If a crystal report do not need any parameter  or, if parameters can be supplied using code-behind (without user help), I am able to render a pdf on crystal report viewer. BUT if a crystal report needs user input then how do I reneder a PDF on crystal report viewer? I see a parameter-asking dialog-box from crystal report where user supplies input values and hit OK button, but then on click of OK button do I have control what gets rendered a crystal report or, a pdf or, doc?  Or, can I set crystal report viewer control property to say that report need to be rend...

Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide?
I have to generate the crystal report during runtime.Can  u tell me the procedure how to do?Code is appreciated. Yes, its a little tricky but I posted here on it: http://forums.asp.net/t/1205388.aspx.  You lay out the report how you want but the data is supplied dynamically.   Eric Is there a way to generate report without using layout report before hand? Not that I'm aware of with CR.  Its not really a full SDK to develop with.  There are 3rd party reporting programs that can do this though I believe. Can u tell me some third party reporting programs a...

Crystal Report Viewer - VS 2008 bundled, and version bundled with Crystal Reports 2008
Hey folks. I have a form generated by my web app which is a crystal report .rpt file. It is a paper form kept for archiving purposes.It contains alot of boxes that when viewed in the Crystal Report Viewer (both the bundled with VS 2008, and the updated version that is installed when installing Crystal Reports 2008), the spacing on the boxes is off and some of the text is misaligned.Is this common? Are there other solutions (third party viewers, converters, etc?)  Is there a way to get the old ActiveX viewer (our old ASP server hosts alot of crystal reports viewed through the Active...

why to use crystal report rather than report viewer?
 why to use crystal report rather than report viewer?crystal report is not available with web development 2005 . It have report viewer . so what is the advantage of crystal report over  crystal report ? ...