How can I coding --> auto refreshing Crystal report via vb.net-->web form

please help me

I must show the report(real time) that data come from database --> (data are from another program)
User open my webpage for looking the report-->update data
How can I set report automatic.
--> automatic refresh<-----
thanks so much

0
wincom19
9/3/2004 7:29:50 AM
📁 asp.net.crystal-reports
📃 7043 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2342 Views

If your report is using the CrystalReportViewer, and you are not exporting the report to PDF or Excel, I would simply set a META Refresh in the header.  Here is a reference:

http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/head/meta.html
This will cause the page to reload from the server at a specified interval.
You can't do this via VB.NET, since VB.NET runs on the server, and is done once the HTTPResponse has been completely sent to the client. You need to use a client side code such as META Refresh.
If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley
9/3/2004 1:28:36 PM
morning rjdudley

I use DAtaset and meta data that you told me for refreash data base
this my code on page load
Dim myconn As String
Dim strSQL As String
myconn = "User ID=carlo;Password=;Data source= LAMDBS01;Initial Catalog=ProjAuto;"
strSQL = "select * from kpiboon.joblist"
Dim ds As DataSet
Dim conn As New SqlConnection(myconn)
Dim objAdaptor As New SqlDataAdapter(strSQL, conn)
conn.Open()
ds = New DataSet
objAdaptor.Fill(ds, "GRADE")
Dim strReportPath As String = "c://inetpub/wwwroot/crnet/crystalreport4.rpt"
Dim cr As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument
cr.Load(strReportPath)
cr.SetDataSource(ds)
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = cr
CrystalReportViewer1.DataBind()