Display of multiple columns

I need to generate reports on the web interface at run-time having more than 3-4 columns. The problem is more than 3-4 columns are not getting displayed on-screen. Can please someone tell me if there is a way to compress the column names or some scroll facility so that i am able to display as many columns at run-time depending upon the query executed.
0
theone_neo

Do your columns look that large in the designer?  Also it sounds like you are trying to dynamically add columns to your report at run-time.  If this is the case, you can accomplish this, but only with Crystal 9 and 10, but not with Crystal .NET (the version that came with Visual Studio).  If you're still having problems, show the code you are using to display, and give us more details on your problem.
Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes
Microsoft MVP
0
ericlandes
12/7/2004 1:08:16 PM
thanks eric,

well i am using Crystal 10 RAS and below i m attaching the code used to display.
------------------code to display-----------------------
for(int i = 0; i < arr.Count; i++)
{
iField = m_crReportDocument.Database.Tables[0].DataFields.Find(arr[i].ToString(), CrFieldDisplayNameTypeEnum.crFieldDisplayNameName, CeLocale.ceLocaleUserDefault);
field = CreateFieldObject((string)arr[i],tableName,4900*i, 0, 1, 200);
tobj = CreateHead(field,arr[i].ToString());
m_crReportDocument.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.Add(field, sec, -1);
m_crReportDocument.ReportDefController.ReportObjectController.Add(tobj,mySection,-1);
}
The prototype for CreateFieldObject is - FieldObject CreateFieldObject(string strField, string strTable, int left, int top, int width, int height)
and for CreateHead is - private TextObject CreateHead(FieldObject myFieldObject,string colname)
where fields are the individual rows and head is the individual column head.
hope this information is sufficient for u.
0
theone_neo
12/8/2004 6:39:19 AM
Unfortunately I don't have much experience with Crystal 10 RAS.  Just a couple of suggestions from that perspective,

Have this output to a CR format report, then bring it up in the desinger (if you aren't doing this already).
Also is the problem that some fields are displaying and others aren't?
Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes
Microsoft MVP
0
ericlandes

How to create Report Letter with multiple pages in C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS2008
Hi experts, I’d like to have some helps from you guys. I need to create an app with C# and Crystal Report.Net using VS 2008 for a Landscape & Nursery company.  The company will send out coupon letters to some customers who purchased something from the company within past 12 months. Users will get customers’ info from database using zip code. I have a drop-down control to populate all the eligible zip codes. The following 8 data fields will be retrieved from database; FirstName, LastName, Address1, Address2, City, State, ZipCode, and PreviousPurchased. I have a pre-defined Crystal R...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

displaying variable no of columns table in crystal report
hi all,I have a problem as follows;I have two tables Design and PriceList, Design table contains Design name and cost in INR. PriceList contains different currency and their value in INR.Now I have to show Design name , cost in INR, and calculated cost in different currency.DesignName    Price[inINR]    Euro    USDollar    ...    ...  I was thinking to create a combined table at runtime but in crystal report we already should have  known no of fields. But the no of fields is known only at runtime. because th...

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

how to display multiple records in a single page in crystal report
Hi to all I hav a crystal report named as Rid here i want to display all the candidates ID which is fetched from a table filtered through certain searching criteria. I hav table report as a blank report and add the database and the required table by right clicking on report. i hav draged a candidateID field from field explorer  and i took a crystal report viewer in my form.There are 10-12 Candidate ids seleted from my query now what i want is dat all of that candidate ID should displayed on a single page but by my coding only the last candidate ID is displayed. No...

urgent-displaying columns horizontally using crystal reports
hii all can somebody plzz help me display database columns horizontally in .net I want one column horizontally n other vertically...how can i do tht..like a chart.....plzz help me Hi, Your query is not clear , tell me what exactly u want, a chart or to display fields in horizontal way?  Regards,Hasan Mohiuddin Farooqihasan_farooqi@yahoo.co.in  i mailed u my detailed query..check it out farooq...

How to display records from multiple table adapter in a single crystal report?
HI all, I am using Crystal report with typed dataset. Now my problem is that when I try to build a report with single Table Adapter in a .xsd file then it’s working great but when I put more than one table adapter in same .xsd file then I can’t see a single record in the report. So will you please help me, How to display records from multiple table adapter in a single crystal report? Thanks, Pratik Kansara...

Display Multiple Columns into One Column
My first ASP.NET/SQL project. I'm creating an Asset Management DB. I wish to view the Asset number, the full name of the user it's assigned to and the Make and Model of each record in the DB. However assets are split into different categories e.g. monitors, PCs, Preinters etc. and they are all in different tables. The SQL below displays the asset number, Name of person assigned and the model of the asset. SELECT Hardware.AssetNo, [User].FullName, MonitorModel.Model, PCModel.Model AS Expr1, PrinterModel.Model AS Expr2 FROM Hardware INNER JOIN [User] ON Hardware.UserID = [User].User...

Unable to display multiple language text in one crystal report
I'm trying to display english and cyrillic text in a same report  using crystal reports 9 . But, the cyrillic text is not displaying properly. Please help me to display both the text in one report....

Toolbar icon display error in Crystal reports .net 2008
We have just moved our solution from Windows server 2003 server to windows server 2008 and so that it has iis 7. When we were on old server everthing was running perfectly fine and as soon as we moved to a new server crystal report toolbar icons are missing and if we try to use print or export button it gives an error "Object doesn't support this action" I really need help to resolve this issue. We have developed this solution with VS 2008.    ...

Multi Column report in Crystal report
I am using Visual Studio 2008 Professional.   How to design multi column report in Crystal report? The checkbox "Format with Multi columns" is disable.....  Thanks....

Web resources about - Display of multiple columns - asp.net.crystal-reports

Code division multiple access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code division multiple access ( CDMA ) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. It should not be confused ...

Sydney Trains missed multiple chances to avoid Edgecliff derailment, says ATSB report
... has highlighted concerns about a focus on a &quot;can-do culture&quot; rather than safety. Sydney Trains staff and senior managers missed multiple ...

Facebook Adds Multiple Matching Options for Custom Audiences
Facebook has added real-time matching across multiple data types to its custom audiences ad-targeting tool. The social network said in a Facebook ...

Meet the man who made "multiple six figures" in 5 days — playing daily fantasy sports
In the world of daily fantasy sports, there are two types of games: cash games and tournaments. Cash games can be head-to-head against one person, ...

Adult film star James Deen responds to multiple assault allegations
View image - gettyimages.com The following story is not for readers under 18 James Deen is probably the most famous adult film star working ...

Multiple Victims In San Bernadino Mass Shooting; 1-3 Shooters Sought
When is it enough to actually do something? Fuck the NRA. Fuck the Republican party and the right wing hate machine. Those Syrian refugees might ...

The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they suspended Jahlil Okafor—he of the multiple fights outside
The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they suspended Jahlil Okafor—he of the multiple fights outside of bars and one of their only competent ...

Bluestacks now runs multiple Android apps on Windows simultaneously
Bluestacks has come a long way since its original app player in 2011, which was notable for being one of the first methods for running Android ...

Chinese Investors Value Manchester City At Higher Multiple Than Manchester United
Chinese Investors Value Manchester City At Higher Multiple Than Manchester United

Ohio Teen convicted for multiple swatting attempts
A Painesville, Ohio teen has been sentenced to five years in a juvenile correctional facility this week for calling in multiple fake emergencies ...