Crystal report error - Load report failed.

Hi,

          i have a project which has a crystal report which is been displayed on a webform.
It runs perfectly on the development machine, but when i try to put it in prod thru a websetup, i get the following error.
i have followed all the steps from the crnet_deployment document got from business objects.
What is the problem?

Server Error in '/Loading' Application.

Load report failed.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.]
   .F(String 	, EngineExceptionErrorID
) +272
   .B(String , Int32 ) +57
   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +1191
   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportClass.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +469
   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.'() +98
   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.get_Database() +7
   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.SetDatabaseLogon(String user, String password) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

If Freedom is Outlawed, then only Outlaws will have Freedom!
-1
toanthrax

Usually this means the application cannot find your RPT file, or doesn't have read permissions on the directory where the RPT is stored.
If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley
6/28/2005 1:30:20 PM
can u pls describe the steps for making the websetup. also tell me the, which option should i select for build property of the crystal report!
If Freedom is Outlawed, then only Outlaws will have Freedom!
0
toanthrax
6/29/2005 3:47:03 AM
Did you copy the RPT file to the server?
If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
1
rjdudley

    Thanks for your interest in solving my problem.

Let me explain to u the scenario again.

I created this project on my xp box. the project included a crystal report, i made another websetup project following the crnet_deployment.pdf  i acquired from business objects website.

 the crystal report build property was selected as an embedded

the websetup when installed on another xp box, installed correctly and the application runs perfectly and the report is displayed
correctly.

but when i run the same websetup on our deployment server, which is a win 2003 box, the crystal report page shows the error
which i displayed in my first post.

What did i do wrong?

What has to be done differently to deploy an appn built in an xp box to be deployed to a win2003 box. pls help!

If Freedom is Outlawed, then only Outlaws will have Freedom!
0
toanthrax
6/30/2005 6:04:51 AM

This may be a permissions problem then.  On XP, the worker process uses ASPNET user, but on Win2003, it uses NetworkService.  Make sure that NetworkService has the same permissions on the win2003 machine as ASPNET has on your XP machine (probably MODIFY on the webroot directory).

If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley

             I removed the identity impersonate tag from web.config and the report started working on win2003.

Impersonation was set to true in web.config. why was this causing a problem i don't know. Do u?

the tag still remains in same app on my xp box. what was the problem on win2003?

Thanks for taking time out to help me solve the problem. thanks Richard!

If Freedom is Outlawed, then only Outlaws will have Freedom!
0
toanthrax
7/1/2005 4:12:29 AM
My best guess is that you have your application set up to use WindowsAuthentication, and the application was trying to impersonate your credentials, rather than the application user.  You probably did not have the proper permissions on the server, but you do on your XP machine.  You might want to read portions of this guide for more help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/secnetlpMSDN.asp
If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.

Crystal Alliance
My Blog
Florist Blogs
0
rjdudley
7/1/2005 3:02:47 PM

I am tried, just couldnt fix the same problem on my application.

Any help?

Thanks,

Joe

1
IndianScorpion

Business objects forum really sucks.
Yes i have managed to solve the problem.
this is just a brief summary about how i went about it:

if u are using cr version bundled with vs.net then this is applicable.

the report should be a embedded report, look in the properties, it might be content for you.
make another project in the solution, which will be a websetup project.

So go to this url : http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/crnet_deployment.pdf.asp

and download the pdf file. Go to page 5 and follow the steps for creating the websetup.

If Freedom is Outlawed, then only Outlaws will have Freedom!
0
toanthrax
8/22/2005 7:08:02 AM

Hi Rjdudley

1. I am devloping a web site for LAN ,

  When I am devlping crystal report on xp it work fine , After thant i install ASP.NET On Windows 2003 ,

  And i got Same Problem Crystal report give error "Lad page faild"

  In Web.Config file i am giving   <identity impersonate="true"/>

 So Pleas give solution

 bye

0
siraj
7/31/2007 5:56:38 AM

Hi Rjdudley

1. I am devloping a web site for LAN ,

  When I am devlping crystal report on xp it work fine , After thant i install ASP.NET On Windows 2003 ,

  And i got Same Problem Crystal report give error "Lad page faild"

  In Web.Config file i am giving   <identity impersonate="true"/>

 So Pleas give solution

 bye

0
siraj
7/31/2007 5:57:43 AM

None of these answer Visual Studio 2005?

http://www.kewltoyz.com
0
KewlToyZ_2007
10/5/2007 2:00:27 PM

 The issues are the same in VS 2005. Read the white paper (or the most recent version of it) that is linked a couple of posts up. In short: on your dev box, you have VS2005 installed as well as the .NET framework and the necessary Crystal Reports run-time libraries. You need to install the CR merge-modules on your distribution machine so that it will work there, assuming your issue is similar to the OP.

Pont

0
pontupo
10/5/2007 4:06:32 PM

That is just it. I did all of that, it works fine on my dev machine, even when I reference the files on the server.

The security permissions on the folders are identical and I am using Windows active directory security with roles enabled.

But one I place the or publish the files to the server and run them, everything works but the Crystal reports page.

Failed to load comes up.

I even tried making the project folder on the server a share instead of UNC paths.

Remapped it, works fine using the server locations on my machine but won't run the Crystal page from the server itself.

http://www.kewltoyz.com
0
KewlToyZ_2007
10/5/2007 6:34:13 PM

 Hmm, and you're sure that you installed the appropriate merge modules for your installation from here:

http://support.businessobjects.com/downloads/merge_modules.asp

onto the distribution box using a valid serial number?  Just to be clear also, the error you're receiving is one that indicates that the file wasn't found or was it that the file was found but couldn't be loaded?

0
pontupo

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

Errors with all my reports after upgrade from Bundeled Crystal.NET (VS2003) to Crystal XI Developer for .NET
All my Crystal reports were developed using the bundled Crystal in VS 2003.  I just installed the Crystal XI for .NET Developer version that we purchased and now I get an error when running my reports.  (I am running them in debug mode on my development machine). I have tested it on several different reports.  I did not change the code, this worked fine in the previous version. First I reference my report (AccountList is the AccountList.rpt report that is in my project): Dim myReport As New AccountList Then I start rolling through the report's tables to update the log...

Crystal Reports Error: Memory full. Failed to export the report. Not enough memory for operation.
In my ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) application, the following line of code gives the error "Memory full. Failed to export the report. Not enough memory for operation." myReport.ExportToHttpResponse(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, Response, blnAsAttachment, strAttachmentFilNam); The same code is working fine on many other installations. The server in question has plenty of memory available. Any help is appreciated.    Hi scptech,That's stupid remark about your problems, but do you used some OLE object inside your report ?Do you have try to export the export as Excel or ...

How do I incorporate a crystal report other than the crystal report provided by Visual Studio?
I'm working with the CrystalDecision version of the crystal report. How do I incorporate this into my development?...

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

Web resources about - Crystal report error - Load report failed. - asp.net.crystal-reports

Crystal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about crystalline solids. For the type of glass, see Lead glass . For other uses, see Crystal (disambiguation) . A crystal or ...

EPL Crystal Palace v Chelsea: Video, highlights, Willian goal
CHAMPIONS Chelsea rediscovered the winning habit with a convincing 3-0 victory at Crystal Palace on Sunday to move away from trouble at the foot ...

Crystal Palace and Socceroos star Mile Jedinak offers parting advice to Patrick Bamford
Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak didn't want a bar of Patrick Bamford's excuses when the young Chelsea striker departed Crystal Palace.

Crystal ball reveals 2016's highs and lows in business
Michael Pascoe's tongue-in-cheek Almanac 2016.

Expert: ‘History Won’t Look Kindly’ On Obama’s Foreign Policy, For 3 Crystal Clear Reasons
Expert: ‘History Won’t Look Kindly’ On Obama’s Foreign Policy, For 3 Crystal Clear Reasons

Crystal Balling: What We'll See In 2016
2016 could prove to be a watershed year for brands, marketers and agencies as we continue to use understand and maximize the potential of current ...

Physicists Discover a New Kind of Crystal Inspired by Satellite Orbits
The very definition of a crystal relies on the notion of symmetry: the atoms line up in highly ordered, repeating honeycomb patterns, and that ...

Cinematic Lake House in Western Massachusetts disguises itself as white crystals
Read the rest of Cinematic Lake House in Western Massachusetts disguises itself as white crystals

‘Teen Wolf’ Spoilers: Crystal Reed Is Returning, But Allison Isn’t, Plus A Look Ahead At Season 5B
... MTV series bring her back, well, this may not be the good news you’ve been hoping for since then. However, if you’ve just wanted to see Crystal ...

Crystal Reed is Returning to 'Teen Wolf,' But There's a Twist
Crystal Reed is not coming back as the same character on Teen Wolf – Just Jared Jr Michael Strahan spotted on hot date with mystery woman – ...