Best way to do this report = Pivot table/crosstab?

Not sure I have designed the database the best way possible, but the project is well over half-way done and I don't think that I can change it at this point.

Anyway, I have a report that looks something like this:

         Col1  Col2  Col3

Row1   val1   val4   val7
Row2   val2   val5   val8
Row3   val3   val6   val9

Only much 'bigger' (there are 30+ "rows" and 12 "columns").

When the user is entering data, they enter it "per row".  (On a data entry screen, they choose the column from a dropdown, then they are taken to a second screen to populate the data). I am saving it in a single table that uses "RowName" (Row1, Row2, Row3) as one of the 'columns' and as part of the key.  Thus, a row of the table looks something like this:

GUID, ColumnName, Row1Value, Row2Value, Row3Value

Without getting into a discussion of why I chose this table design (unless, at this point in the game, it would make a big difference), can you folks help me figure out the best way to do this report?

Would it be to do a Pivot table/crosstab report?

As shown at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa172756(SQL.80).aspx ?

0
jdw10

Crosstab report in Crystal Reports
In a crosstab report how do I put a slash character between 2 summarized fields?I got the right values for the summarized fields I just need a slash between them. Eample 1 / 5 meaning they got 1 out of 5 correct.                   Test 1       Test 2John Doe     1 / 5         3 / 10Mary Doe   13 / 21       4 / 12  Thanks Just create a formula called MySlash. In the...

another way for report other than crystal report
Can someone help me to find out another way for report other than crystal report? Hi, we're looking for the tool activereports. Seems nice at a glance but we still have it in test phase before buying. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

What is the best way to deploy reports to a report server
Hi,  I have some reports in my Reportserver on a different computer. and we want to Transfer them to a different location and it needs to access a different database too. So do i need to have Visual studio to deploy the reports or what is the best way i can do it? Regards, Karen You do not need VS.NET to deploy report but it is more convenient. If you do not have VS.NET installed, you can simply upload the rdl file to the report server     * Login to the report Interface    * Navigate to the reports folder    * Use the Upload Report Fe...

Need advice on debugging my crystal report. Is there a way to execute a crystal report formula within the IDE
 Hello. I am new to crystal reports.  I am looking for ways to debug my Crystal report. Sometimes when my application generates a report, the report only displays the top of the report with no results displayed at all. I am thinking that the reason for this is that my formula sometimes returns a value of zero. In turn this results in the report not being generated. Here is my formula. Is there a way to step through the execution of this crystal reports code, without having to start my C#/ASP.NET application in the debugger? In other words within the Crystal report displayed in th...

Is there a way to dynamically generate crystal reports using embedded crystal report viewer in visual studio ide?
I have to generate the crystal report during runtime.Can  u tell me the procedure how to do?Code is appreciated. Yes, its a little tricky but I posted here on it: http://forums.asp.net/t/1205388.aspx.  You lay out the report how you want but the data is supplied dynamically.   Eric Is there a way to generate report without using layout report before hand? Not that I'm aware of with CR.  Its not really a full SDK to develop with.  There are 3rd party reporting programs that can do this though I believe. Can u tell me some third party reporting programs a...

Bind crystal reports / sql reports to ADO.NET
Hi,  I'm a beginner trying to find out if it's possible to directly connect an sql report/crystal report to an ADO.NET data set?   It all depends on what version of Visual studio you are using. Here are the steps for VS2005 In VS2005 you need to do the following: 1) Right click on your solution and select add, New Item. 2) Add a dataset and create your queries in the dataset. Make sure you save this dataset or it will not show up later. 3) Add your reportviewer 4) Right click on your solution and select add new Item Again and then add a crystal report 5) In the cr...

Web resources about - Best way to do this report = Pivot table/crosstab? - asp.net.crystal-reports

Inside the crosstabs: Why Republicans don't support a minimum-wage hike
Democrats are vowing to make the minimum wage a midterm issue and will start by making a push to raise it once Congress is back in session this ...

Crosstabs
Kyle Leighton looks at the effect Mitt Romney's 47% remarks had on the polls. Full size version....

Updated with crosstabs: Dead heat in the 23rd
With two weeks left in the special election for the 23rd Congressional seat, Democrat Bill Owens has turned a seven-point deficit into a four-point ...

Beware the Crosstabs! Part the Second - Ten Miles Square - The Washington Monthly
Last week I took someone to task for placing too much weight on Gallup’s reports of Latino voters supposedly disproportionate turn away from ...

David Goldstein (@GoldyHA) on Twitter

Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A graph showing the incarceration rate under state and federal jurisdiction per 100,000 population 1925-2008. Does not include prisoners held ...

Questions - Bill Clinton and Bush Tax Cuts - June 7-8, 2012 - Rasmussen Reports™
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Market Data - ABI Research
technology market intelligence About About Us Management & Advisory Board Analysts Worldwide Locations Sourcing Guidelines Privacy Policy Research ...

One day later, pro-transportation tax forces say their side is winning
On Monday, Channel 2 Action News released an automated poll that put metro Atlanta support for a transportation sales tax at 42 percent – with ...

Why Gingrich is on top
A poll released today by Public Policy Polling shows former House Speaker Newt Gingrich capping off an amazing month’s rise by taking the lead ...