Any Report Tool other than Crystal Reports?

Hi there!

Does anyone know a free Tool for Reporting Data with equal functions to Crystal Reports?
Crystal Reports just run on Webservers for a very expensive licence! So I can't use them :(!
Thank you very much for any quick help!
Best regards
CLaude
0
ChillaHH

Hi ChillaHH

We have recently decided on using Active Reports, instead of Crystal Reports; for two main reasons. One is that we dont want to have our users view a report by having to save it to disk, view it...and then delete it from the disk afterwards. Secondly, there are licencing implications for the users.
You can download Active Reports if you want to try it out but if you develop an application using it, you will need to purchase a full version. Once you have bought it there are no licencing implications after that.
Hope this helps - good luck!
0
mark_za
1/20/2004 5:59:07 AM
Heyhey!

THanks for help!
THe problem is: I need it in a current project where the contract with the customer is already been made. So there can't be other licencing implications for him.
Regards
Claude
0
ChillaHH
1/20/2004 9:27:43 AM
hi,

maybe the SQL Server Reporting Service is interesting for you?
it is a free addon for the sql server 2000.
the only problem is that it is still in a development stage of a beta version.
but it will be a very good alternative to crystal reports!
0
nahodo

Cassini, VS.Net and Crystal Reports

How do I incorporate a crystal report other than the crystal report provided by Visual Studio?
I'm working with the CrystalDecision version of the crystal report. How do I incorporate this into my development?...

How do I deploy an application using crystal reports/install crystal reports?
First of all: C# .NET framework 1.1, IIS 6.0, XP SP1, Windows forms - not ASP.NET but I don't see how it would make a differenceMy Situation: I am tasked with adding to an application the ability to generate a crystal report.  It currently has nothing to do with them.The application runs on an XP system with .NET 1.1 installed but lord only knows how it was installed on there (the guy that set it up is long gone and from past experience with his work I think he was just guessing anyways) In an attempt to see if crystal reports was installed, I wrote a quick test forms appl...

comparing Cystal Report 10.2.3(provided by VS 2005) and Crystal Report 10.0.3(provdied by Crystal reports 10
 hi all, i was just wondering what u guys think about the two version (10.2.3 - by VS2005) and (10.0.3 - by Crystal reports 10).it seems like the Coding syntax is abit diff for the two version. (10.2.3 dont even need to mappath) i was wondering if i write the web application using 10.2.3, would i encounter problems when displaying report written by 10.0.3. opinions need, thanks! regards,martin ...

RunTime Report With Crystal Report
hi dears. I'm a new user and work with C#. i want create RunTime Reports with Crystal Report. but i can't. I can't send parameters in C# programs to Crystal Report File. i want list fileld's in my program. and select Choice Field's. and send to crystal report file. then report that field and values. for example : i select in program name and family and phone number and home address. and click to report. and send that parameters to report file. name family phone address ---------------------------------- xxxxx xxxx1 4341254 ...

Crystal Reports in PB Report
Hi All, I want to include crystal report in Powerbuilder datawindow. How can I do this?. Can anyone help me in this regard. Thanks in advance for any help, Smith What are you trying to do? What role do you want PB to play and what role do you want Crystal Reports to play? Are you looking at a C/S application? -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * * Think Sybase * * <Smith> wrote in message news:45237490.288d.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi All, > > I want to include crystal report in Po...

Web resources about - Any Report Tool other than Crystal Reports? - asp.net.crystal-reports

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

U.S. News & World Report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
U.S. News & World Report is an American news magazine published from Washington, D.C. Along with Time and Newsweek it was for many years a leading ...

Ship sinks off Indonesia, at least 100 onboard, reports
A ship carrying more than 100 passengers has reportedly sunk off Indonesia.

Department Of Justice Reports On Another Busy Year Of False Claims Act Activity
In Fiscal Year 2015, the Department of Justice raked in $3.6 billion in settlements and judgments from civil actions filed under the False Claims ...

Bucks vs. Warriors: Score, Highlights and Reaction from 2015 Regular Season - Bleacher Report
Just six days after the Milwaukee Bucks ended their NBA -record 24-game winning streak to start a season, the Golden State Warriors had a chance ...

Report: Target Is Considering Its Own Mobile Wallet App
... might be hopping on the bandwagon with its own mobile wallet. Any bets on whether it’ll be called “Target Pay”? According to a new report from ...