Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.
The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET process identity.
To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the "{machinename}\ASPNET" user. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the Write box in the Allow column.
Can someone please tell me how to give permissions to the .net process to be avle to access the crystal report file
0
kritika

You need to have your server administrator (if that's you, great), give permissions to that folder.  On Windows 2000 server or Professional this is easy, just go to the above mentioned folder in Windows explorer.  Click on Properties, Click on the security tab, then add the ASPNET user to this.  Give most rights to this user.  HTH
Eric Landes

MADNUG President http://www.madnug.net
Crystal Alliance Editor
Blog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandes
Microsoft MVP
0
ericlandes
1/14/2004 6:19:10 PM
ya i know that ericlandes but i am using win Xp and when i right click and go to the properties of that folder here is no security tab can u help on how to give security permissions

also i want to know what do you mean by server administrator i have a standalone machine and i work at home i am just learning .net please can u elborate on what u have replied it would be really appreciated
0
kritika
1/16/2004 9:50:45 AM
hi

i'm salman
i was facing same problem but as u told the solution, i ve tried taht now just wanna say thanx bcuz it works now :-)
0
salman

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports"
Hello, I discovered data dynamics active reports product a year ago while I was starting a new asp.net project and decided to use it as the reporting tool, it's a very nice product and have a lot of advantages over many other products in the market. However...I also discovered that although they clearly declare that they support Right To Left languages, they have a BIG issue when using Right To Left languages in ASP.NET.I've been writing them posts about this problem and asking when they are going to fix it for 8 months, and yet they did not give me an estimate time frame for fixing this i...

Crystal Report
I'm trying to get a Crystals Report to show up using Win .Net 2003 server and I keep getting this error: (note: it works fine with my other server running win2k server) Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied It sounds like a typical "ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource." But none of the following actions resulted in getting past it: 1.) I added ASPNET to the Administrators group 2.) I added ASPNET user with full control to the following folder and its children C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal ...

Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\.." is Denied
I frequently get this error while requesting the webpage .aspx Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET Files\mjbnet\6983a9d7\54a73a5b\hash.web" is denied. When ever this error occurs I restart my system and delete the repective project folder from the above location and build the application. Now this error is occured more frequently. Please let me know if there is any solution other than what I am trying to do. Thank You... I had many time the same error, it looks like a bug with temporary file accessangiras Hi, Stop ...

Crystal Report
I'm trying to get a Crystals Report to show up using Win 2003 server standard edition and I keep getting this error: (note: it works fine with my other server running win2k server) If any one has any thoughts on it, please do share. P.Muni Kumar Here is the error page in its entirety: Server Error in '/BranchSoft' Application. Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied It sounds like a typical "ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource." But none of the following actions resulted in getting past it: 1.) I added ASPNE...

Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied using crystal reports
Hi, I ahave got similar problenm as yours. I am getting Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied. I guessed it (dynamic_images) mapped to "C:\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers\images" So I added NETWORK SERVICE user, as web site will be recognised by system by this name and provide all secuty permissions. I also added ASP.NET user and IUSR_GULIA (b coz GULIA is my machine name). I did could not get it working.....I tried whole day...I would appreciate you or any one else can help me get out of this riddle. Thank you very much. Hari...

Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net..." is denied
I just finished installing IIS 5.1.  I have an existing project someone else created that I will be working on.  I have set up a virtual directory in IIS for the site and have given read/write permissions to the ASPNET account and the IUSR_ account.  When I attempt to open the main page I get the following:  Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4233\Temporary ASP.NET Files\blah\blah\blah" is denied. I've done everything short of granting "Everyone" Full Control of everything and I can't seem to get past this error. ...

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

Crystal Reports for VS2005 ExportToHTTPResponse gives "Invalid report file path" on deployed server
I have a ASP.Net application developed in C# on Win2k SP4, VS2005 SP1 using CR for VS2005. The application allows the user to select different reports and the selection and filtering criteria for those reports.  The user can then view the report using the embedded CrystalReportViewer control and print the report via exporting it to a PDF file.  Everything works great on my development machine.  When deployed to a Win2k3 server, using a web setup deployment project that contains the CR merge modules, the report loads in the CrystalReportViewer as expected.&n...

Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 + IIS. Help ! "Access denied."
 I'v installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 , and IIS. (Windows XP Professional)When I'm creating a new C# ASP.NET project, and trying to run it I get the ERROR below.PLEASE help me TnxTal  Server Error in '/New' Application. Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\new\f6d1460a\f5c61787" is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Excep...

Error after deloyment
Hi,I am using crystal reports with Visual Studio 2005. And that was working fine in development environment. After I deployed it to server, It is giving me this error.#######################################################System.Exception: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80000220): Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rptInvoice {D21318F6-F9E2-4FDA-8CA9-95B11CB95993}.rpt:Access to report file denied. Another program may be using it.   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Opti...

Visual Studio "Orcas" Visual Studio.net "2005"
What are Microsoft on weed??? Whidby Orcas Indigo XAML Longhorn What are they trying to do to us developers. The transition to any new tools should be minimal. What we know about WebServices is now old bunk. Why did we bother with .net 1.1???????? Now we need to learn new silly names and new ways of doing things. Yes .net 1.1 is still supported in v2.0. But there are a million and one other needless things that we will have pushed onto us. Only to find in anther two years that they are old hat and there are new radical ways to do what we want.MCAD.Net vb.n...

Web resources about - Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. - asp.net.crystal-reports