"Query Engine Error...." in reports

Hi

I am facing a problem with Crystal Reports which shows 'Query Engine Error....'. I have developed several reports and these were working properly in our previous version of custom solution. But currently when I am trying to run the same reports in our latest version of solution it is giving following error message "Query Engine Error: C:\WINNT\TEMP\temp_989a307b_0a11_4864_a197_8f570972ff50.rpt". This message is shown for all the reorts only the rpt file getting changed. I have developed these reports in Crystal Reports 9.1.3300.0 which comes with .NET.
0
subhajit

I had this same error and here were some of the steps I had to do to get it to work. These are directly from the Crystal Report staff as I was working through the problem with them via email.

1.) First make sure the directory where the report is being written "C:\WINNT\TEMP".... that the asp.net user account has full permission.
2.) Make sure the following two dll's:
Msvcr70.dll and Msvcp70.dll
exist and that they are in the following directory: windows\system32 folder. If they aren't then try copying them there.

See if that helps you.
0
dotnetchild

Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports"
Hello, I discovered data dynamics active reports product a year ago while I was starting a new asp.net project and decided to use it as the reporting tool, it's a very nice product and have a lot of advantages over many other products in the market. However...I also discovered that although they clearly declare that they support Right To Left languages, they have a BIG issue when using Right To Left languages in ASP.NET.I've been writing them posts about this problem and asking when they are going to fix it for 8 months, and yet they did not give me an estimate time frame for fixing this i...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Crystal Report give error "Load Report Failed"
Helloi in my Project I m using Crystal report,My Crystal report is Export in PDFi Have 150 fileapplication is first file export in pdf,then second file export pdf,in same say may be 30-40 file export in pdfbut after they give error load report faild, why this error will come.for run that application agian i have closed my VS and start again applicationwhy this will happen?  Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com...

Dissecting the "Logon Failed" Error in Crystal Reports .NET
Following up Eric Landes' article "Troubleshooting Database Login Errors using Crystal Reports with .NET", I set out to see why this error is so common in Crystal Reports .NET projects. The result is a Crystal Alliance article published today, "Dissecting the 'Logon Failed' Error in Crystal Reports .NET". <abstract> Often, the best way to prevent an error is to understand why it occurs. In various newsgroups, questions regarding the “Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed” are asked quite often. A recent Crystal...

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

How can I make a report with "Chart" on it by using "Rave Report"?
Dear All: How can I make a report with "Chart" on it by using "Rave Report"? Just like we did with "TQRChart" in "QuickReport". Thanks, Michael ...

"Entity Attribute" List Report
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4d25ff13 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit RE: PD 15.2.0.3060 EBF1 For an "Entity Attribute" List Report, we can report that an attribute is a Primary Identifier and a Foreign Identifier. How do I report that an attribute is an "Alternate Identifier", i.e. marked as "<ai>" in a diagram? I've attached a screen snapshot of the List Report Wizard. Thank you in advance for your assistance. -- Peter ---=_forums-1-dub4d...

Crsytal report error"Load Report Fail"
i have face this error "Load Report Fail" when open the report. but my report is work for a few month already, sunddenly my report cant show at today. Then the above of my report will show "Load Report Fail ". Please advice me. Try to verify database on report, sometime report lost connection to database, maybe this is a reason my connection is not problem. moreover this report is already upload into server by a few month past. Just sunddenly all the user cant load the report succesfully. i dont know where is the problem come from? is it got related to the window...

Report synchronization status reports, error: "-633"
--____RFZDUBLRLPUZMSROMHBQ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 29 Aug 2006 06:02:59 -0500" Recently had two drives that began to go bad in our Master of the root = partition. Got replacement drives and rebuilt them. Recently tried to = run an unattended full repair, but it could not run do to lack of space on = sys. We added more space from the pool to the sys volume, but since then, = we're having login problems at various locations that map to this ser...

Crystal Report, Report "Flashes" on screen, then disapers when Priviewed
I am using the Crystal Report Automation Service to preview CR reports from my PowerBuilder application. When I call the Preview function, the report "flashes" on the screen, then it disapers right away. How can I make it "stay" untill the user closes the Preview Window ? OLEObject sc1, loo_Report sc1 = CREATE OLEObject li_return = sc1.ConnectToNewObject ("crystal.crpe.application") loo_Report = sc1.OpenReport( ls_FullFileName) loo_Report.PrintWindowOptions.CanDRillDown = TRUE loo_Report.PrintWindowOptions.HasCancelButton = TRUE loo_Report.PrintWind...

Crystal Report Viewer Error: "CRAXDRT Error Occured on Server. 507 : An Exception Occured"
We have recently setup Window Server 2003 SP2 (IIS V6.0) with Crystal Report 8.5 installed. All things working well for report viewer in internet browser, but only the problem is when user trying to export report to a file (CR/word/rich text/etc format) will hit the error:CRAXDRT Error Occurred on Server. 507 : An exception occurredOnly option is click "OK" to continue... Well, so we just click "OK" and try again... Note that, for second tried onward will hit another error:CRAXDRT Error Occurred on Server. 70 : Permission deniedIt was annoying us as export ...

Change to "Report" for Reports
I am trying to change the first page of a report "REPORT" to something else e.g. Entity Attribute Description Report. How do you do this ? I have read the manual but cannot figure it out. Walt In the Report Editor, select the Report menu and then select the "Title Page" menu item. You can now change the title. This is documented in the Report User's Guide on page 91 in the 7.5 guide and page 90 in the 7.0 guide. HTH, Anthony Hill PowerDesigner Product Support On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:37:48 -0400, walt@lehman.com wrote: >I am trying to chan...

Web resources about - "Query Engine Error...." in reports - asp.net.crystal-reports