"Load report failed" COMException (0x80004005) when loading embedded reports

Folks,

we have an ASP.NET 2.0 project here which uses Crystal Reports (that shipped with VS 2005 Pro) to render reports into PDF files. We're not actually displaying any of the reports on a web form - we're just using the CR engine to turn reports into PDF files and downloading those to the client.

The .RPT files are included in the web page assembly as "embedded resources".

Everything works fine on our devtest server - but on my local dev machine - freshly installed on a clean Win XP SP2 - I cannot get any of the reports to run. I can see and design them in VS 2005 Pro - but when I try to run them, I get this error:

System.Exception: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Invalid class string

   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

Any ideas?? I've tried just about everything - I checked for permissions (the ASPNET user has all the necessary permissions on the temporary directories) and everything, but I just can't get this to work.....

Thanks for any hints!
Marc

-------
Marc Scheuner / Berne, Switzerland
May The Source Be With You!
0
mscheuner_garaio

Marc

Did you ever get this problem resolved?  I have the very same problem so would be glad of any help.

Thanks
Gary

0
ode2joy
2/7/2007 12:20:59 PM

Good morning!

 We are having the same problem. We are using VS 2005 w/ CR XI. We haven't placed it out on a web server yet, we're just fighting with this on my local machine. What we have is a web app, then web service, and a console app to eventually have the reports run on a scheduled job. The web app and web service run fine when it gets to rpt.Load([YourFielPath + "\\" + [Reportname]); but when the console app runs this it bombs. We tried adding <identity impersonate="true" userName="[YourDomanHere]\[YourUserNameHere]" password="[YourPasswordHere]"/> to the web.config file in the system.web section. This broke the web app, but once we changed IIS Directory Security for the folder to Digest authentication the web app started working again but the console app still bombs. So we put full on IIS integrated windows authentication and the console app still doesn't work.

 The folder with the reports in it is on the network but that network folder allows me and my team full administrative rights to the folder. So sending my credentials to the folder and to the file itself should have worked but it still gives an innerException error of "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." thus the resulting exception "Load Report Failed".

It can't be the datasource giving us problems b/c we are just loading the report. We haven't gotten to the part about executing the report yet. So this has to be an authentication conflict between IIS, Windows, and CR XI. >< If you give this a whirl and it works for you then please post back here and let us know. Thanks!

0
dferrell
2/9/2007 3:46:23 PM

Good afternoon!

Idea

YAY!!! I found a solution to ours. Don't know if this helps, but we put "[STAThread]" right above the void main in our console app and now it loads the application fine. We are finding that some other console applications are needing this as well for another third party SDK we are using. Try it out and see if it helps!

 Danya

0
dferrell

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

Report "Load report failed" while report using data field
hi all, I'm develop asp.net and crystal report from visual studio 2003 environment. all the completed program & report will place in 1 folder running by IIS5, currently the problem is: if the report is without using database fields is runnable and display well in my page; but if the report need to uses of database's field (no matter from xml or dataset), the page always throw error message "Load report failed", the stack trace always stop in the code "rpt.SetDataSource(ds)" or " rpt.Database.Tables(0).SetDataSource(ds.Tables("tbl1")" or "rpt.ExportToStream (CrystalDecisions.Shared.E...

Crystal Report give error "Load Report Failed"
Helloi in my Project I m using Crystal report,My Crystal report is Export in PDFi Have 150 fileapplication is first file export in pdf,then second file export pdf,in same say may be 30-40 file export in pdfbut after they give error load report faild, why this error will come.for run that application agian i have closed my VS and start again applicationwhy this will happen?  Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com...

Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports"
Hello, I discovered data dynamics active reports product a year ago while I was starting a new asp.net project and decided to use it as the reporting tool, it's a very nice product and have a lot of advantages over many other products in the market. However...I also discovered that although they clearly declare that they support Right To Left languages, they have a BIG issue when using Right To Left languages in ASP.NET.I've been writing them posts about this problem and asking when they are going to fix it for 8 months, and yet they did not give me an estimate time frame for fixing this i...

"Load report failed" after some report views
Hello everyone, I'm using Crystal reports in my applications. It was working fine, but now it gives me some problems. After generating a few reports (don't know the exact number) it starts giving me the error message: "Load report failed".... it gives me this message for all reports, even those I have just viewed and proved they were working. It only stops when I do a "iisreset" in cmd.exe. Then it goes back to work, and after a fiew more views, it stops again. What could it be? Anyone? ...

Load report failed "Crysal report"
  Hi When I run my ASP page which has crystal report it gives Load report failed ,, how to solve this problem ?   Thanks   Hi, Kinldy post the Complte error..ThanksAvinash TiwariRemember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you. Visit on below link, there code sample available and working fine. Hope it helpful for you. http://dotnet-naresh.blogspot.com       ThanksNaresh Prakash.Click Here : Sky is the not limitDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a p...

Crsytal report error"Load Report Fail"
i have face this error "Load Report Fail" when open the report. but my report is work for a few month already, sunddenly my report cant show at today. Then the above of my report will show "Load Report Fail ". Please advice me. Try to verify database on report, sometime report lost connection to database, maybe this is a reason my connection is not problem. moreover this report is already upload into server by a few month past. Just sunddenly all the user cant load the report succesfully. i dont know where is the problem come from? is it got related to the window...

AfterI use the reports several times (aprox 2-3 hours) I got the message "Load report failed".
Please help I am using asp.net 2005 with Crystal Reports. Everithing goes well but after I use the reports several times (aprox 2-3 hours) I got the message "Load report failed". If I restart IIS the reports are working fine....

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

"Load report failed"
ASP.Net 2.0 VS2005 I'm trying to build a Crystal Report. It works fine when viewed with the dev server pointing to a localhost address (http://localhost:xxxx/root dir name - or something like that). If I try to view it with an IP address like 10.1.1.111 (set up in IIS and will respond to other files in the app) I get "Load report failed" printed on the screen.  No errors, nothing. I really need some help in a big way here. For the life of me I can'rt figure this out and niether can my resident CR guru (works with windows apps, noty ASP.Net). after a while the a...

Crystal Report : Load report failed.
Hi all, I have a problem showing a CR's report in an aspx file. The report use an Ms Access table as datasource and it works fine, I mean when I click on the "Main Report Preview" button the report is displayed correctly. And I still get the error "Load report failed." when trying to show it in an aspx file using CrystalReportViewer. Here is my code : 1   <CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" 2           AutoDataBind="True" Height="50px" ...

Load Report Failed
Hi,  I am using the built in Crystal Report in VS.NET 2005. I followed 2 examples which seem to work until I run the crystal report, then receive "Load Report Failed" on top of the crystal report......   I have selected the table required, and put only 3 fields on the Crystal report, and made its report source my report.rpt, and in the Page_load event, put in databind() I obviouly put the crystalreportviewer on an aspx page first. But gives me the"Load report Failed" Why ? Can anyone assist please ?  Im using an access database Could it be becaus...

Crystal Report
HiI am using VS 2003 framework 1.1in my asp.net application crystal report run fine in my PC.But on demo server it will giving error,Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.Stack Trace:[LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.]   .I(String , EngineExceptionErrorID ) +272   .E(String , Int32 ) +56   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +1262   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportCla...

Web resources about - "Load report failed" COMException (0x80004005) when loading embedded reports - asp.net.crystal-reports