web.config file of root directoy interferes with the sub-application web.config.

Hello!

I encountered a problems when I added new sub-application to my application,  with its own web.config, When I try to open page

www.mypage.com/subapplication/

It reads the web.config of www.mypage.com and throws an exception

(I think it tries to load
some dlls from root-bin directory (exactly ATLAS files..)

 <add name="ScriptModule" type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptModule"/> - exception on this line

)

But why it reads the web.config of root dir?

What can I do to solve that problem?

Thank you.
Artashes

0
artashes

This is the expected behavior. web.config are inherited through the applications hiearchy. One thing you could try is to delete the module from your subapp web.config:

<remove name="ScriptModule" />

Jose Reyes

Microsoft Corporation

"This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."
0
josere
7/8/2006 1:13:20 AM

thank you, its worked!

0
artashes

one application has many web.config files which web.config file execute first?
hi to all In my application i will add three web.config file which will execute first. how to set it. Give me a guidlines. by Devan.G Hi,You can't add multiple web.config to applicationYou can add single web.config to each folder present in sub directories of your applicationYou can override the web.config files using multiple config files.SatalajWatch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple I n t e r v i e w T i p s Hi, You can check this reference: http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Mult...

Need to put this in a web.config file. Transfer a collection from app.config to web.config.

how to let the web.config in the sub-directory to NOT to inherited from Root's web.config.
Hi,all,   How to let the sub-directory to avoid the authentication control from Root's webconfig? I heard that we can add a new web.config to the sub-directory. And then we can slove the problem.   Virtual directory is :http://localhost/main   Sub-directory is : http://localhost/main/reminder   My application used the Forms Authentication, then all files in every directory is controlled by the Forms Authentication. But now i want a sub-directory to avoid this. (user can access this directory directly, Needn't to Login.)   In my application, the user can ac...

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

Web Deployment Project - Config Properties
I'm using a Web Deployment Project to compile my web site. In the Property Pages - Configuration Properties - Deployment section, there is an option to 'Enable Web.config file section replacement'. I have this working to replace certain sections of my web.config for each build config (release/staging/dev). I think this makes sense so other developers do not have to remember to change the web.config file. HOWEVER, this only seems to work when replacing parts of web.config; such as appSettings, connectionString, etc. This would require me to have separate config files for each section and bui...

~/Web.config read from project root but written to ...\Common7\IDE\~\Web.config ??
 Hey all,I'm trying to edit my Web.config in runtime, but I get some weird behaviour. Probably something simple I couldn't find on the net. But I'm new to this, so bear with me.In my code I open the ~/Web.config file and it reads it from the rood of my project folder. When I try to save it to ~/Web.config, it writes it to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\~\Web.config instead.How can the same relative path point to 2 places? Read from here but write to there ?!? How do I solve this?Here is my sample code:Default.aspx<%@ Page Language="C#" ...

Merging my web.config.mylibrary with the web.config
I see multiples web.config files in the framework 2.0 folder.  There is a way to had a web.config.mylibrary file that contains part of the configuration section.For example, I want that the profile section to be in the web.config.mylibrary file and when the web site will be load, the two web.config will be merge.  Is it possible to such thing ? Hi Biz, It is possible to-do this using the configSource property on configuration section elements.  You could then store different configuration sections in different configuration files in a distributed way.Here is a MSD...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

how to encrypt web.config during web application deployment
I am developing a web application using ASP.NET, VS 2008, Framework 3.5I want to encrypt my web.config at the end of application installation (Installer.Commit event).How do I do this ? Check this.. http://visualstudiomagazine.com/columns/article.aspx?editorialsid=2752 http://blogs.msdn.com/publicsector/archive/2005/11/08/490319.aspxMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." If you want to encrypt your web.config you can have a look at this link http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/01/09/434893.aspxFaraz Shah KhanMCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD....

Running a web application within my existing web application
 Hi. I have a site set up in .net 1.1 that runs fine. A requirement came through recently to incorporate some elements by way of a third party application. I have set up a virtual directory inside my main application which points to the folder that contains the third party application. This virtual directory is also set up to run as an application. The third party application allows me to create forms. I have created a page in my main application that uses 1 user control from the third party application to display a form. I am getting the following error when trying to run the page:Serv...

Should local Web.config overwrite Production Web.config
I have a hosting service that supporst ASP.net 2.0.  I have an SQL Server 2005 Express account with them.  I have just started using them and have written my first web app. I have read quite a few things but it is not clear to me whether or not when I copy my web site (using VWD) if I should copy the web.conf file or not.  My local app runs fine but after copying everything to my production web site, I am not able to access the production web site in my browser.  I suppose it may have something to do with the question I've asked concerning Web.config. Is there a partic...

how many web.config file you can have in your web application
how many web.config file you can have in your web application maxmax thnk you   1 (per directory, as mentioned below)David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies) thank u Not 1 per directory?  I've set up security on a folder using a web.config in that folder that was seperate from the rest of the sit...

Use a Name/value in Machine.config file in the web.config file
Hello. I want/need to access a variable in the machine.config file and use it in the web.config file. My scenario is: Each machine has a machine name, so (I assume this is the best place to put it) I want to create a variable in <appsettings> in the machine.config file called "MachineName".  In my web.config file, I want to use the MachineName variable in the machine.config in the appsettings.   Example: (web.config file)  ... <appSettings> <add key="ServerFileNames" value=\\ISCO1FEGRD\Dotnet_files\OrclIntlList.xml /> Replace the ...

getting an Error when refering an external config file from web.config file
am getting an Error when refering an external config file from web.config file, code isYourSettings.config<appSettings >     <add key="KeyToOverride" value="Overridden" />     <add key="KeyToBeAdded" value="EntirelyNew" />   </appSettings>andweb.config   <appSettings file="YourSettings.config">     <add key="KeyToOverride" value="Original" />     <add key="KeyToNotOverride" value="Standard" />   </appSettings> and in code behindstring str = System.Con...

Web resources about - web.config file of root directoy interferes with the sub-application web.config. - asp.net.config-deploy