Web.Config and App.Config has key that refers to a file in a parent directory ? How To?

<add key="AccountSettingsFile" value="../../../Config/Accounts.Config"/>

Don't ask my why but I need to do this and the above doesn't work.
How do I refer to "Account.Config" that is in Folder "Config" which in turn is two directories up.

Thanks.

0
madlo

Need to put this in a web.config file. Transfer a collection from app.config to web.config.

getting an Error when refering an external config file from web.config file
am getting an Error when refering an external config file from web.config file, code isYourSettings.config<appSettings >     <add key="KeyToOverride" value="Overridden" />     <add key="KeyToBeAdded" value="EntirelyNew" />   </appSettings>andweb.config   <appSettings file="YourSettings.config">     <add key="KeyToOverride" value="Original" />     <add key="KeyToNotOverride" value="Standard" />   </appSettings> and in code behindstring str = System.Con...

Web.Config/App.config key values
I've got a problem with the app.config file in my application.  I have a separate class library project in my solution, along with a web application.  The web application references the class library to act as the data access component.I want to use the app.config file to store connection strings, appsettings, etc.  However, when I deploy the web application, the data access library tries to use the key values from the web.config file, instead of the app.config file.Some code:Class Library:using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Text;using System.Configurati...

app.config and web.config deployments and installers
I use web deployment projects for changing web.config values based on the configuration build types I have setup (dev/test/stage/prod) and it works excellent for building installers in multiple environments.  Now, I am trying to do the same the Windows Applications.  How can I automate the changing of app.config values based on the build configuration (dev/test/stage/prod)?  Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,Chris...

Read info from web.config, machine.config, app.config....
I know how to read info from the web.config, see code:  Protected path As String = "/Framework" Protected config As Configuration = WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(path) How can I read also the data from machine.config and other config files, like the app.configs?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". ...

App.config to Web.config
I have been running a console app, to process a paypal payment.  The code gets a value from the app.config file. <add key="PAYFLOW_HOST" value="payflowpro.paypal.com" /> However I have now incorporate the code into a web application and put the key into my web.config file, will the code now know to look for this key in this place? If your code is getting the value from your config file using ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["PAYFLOW_HOST"] then it should use the correct config file automatically.  Console apps, windows services and wind...

App.Config/Web.Config
I have setup custom config sections. I need to know how to loop through a configuration group and get all of the config sections in that group. Thanks could you post an example of what you have Trey Exactly, your question is not clear at all. Regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

App.config/web.config
Hello!! I'm development a web application in n-tiers. The UI have a web.config, and the other tiers using app.config. The problem is that the application doesn´t recognize the app.config files. Only the web.config of the UI. For example: I try to put the connections string in a app.config in the data access, but when it runing, throws a error that says: "Database undefined". But when I put the connections strings in the web.config, it runing well. I need help!!!Alvaro HdezDeveloper To use xml atributes from WebConfig and AppConfig u must add referance to System...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

one application has many web.config files which web.config file execute first?
hi to all In my application i will add three web.config file which will execute first. how to set it. Give me a guidlines. by Devan.G Hi,You can't add multiple web.config to applicationYou can add single web.config to each folder present in sub directories of your applicationYou can override the web.config files using multiple config files.SatalajWatch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple I n t e r v i e w T i p s Hi, You can check this reference: http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Mult...

.NET 2.0 encryption web.config/app.config options?
Situation: 13 servers containing both ASP .Net web sites and .NET apps. Servers are broken up in Developemnt, Test, and Production types.Issue: Need to encrypt all app.config and web.config files.Currently we are using .NET 1.1, so I had developed (test working, not yet deployed) a shared (GAC) utility that would be responsible for providing an interface to allow the encryption (DPAPI + Second Entropy) of information for the developer to manually place in each web.conf/app.config file during development. The backend of this utility was referenced by the *.config files in decrypting values on...

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

web.config to app.config issues...
Can I use a custom config section found in a web.config file in a app.config file?Something like this:<configSections> <section name="CS" type="CSSection, __code"/></configSections><CS defaultConnectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"> <Commands providerType="DAL.SqlClient.SqlCommandsProvider" /></CS>I have tried it and .net doesn't seem to like it, producing and error something like this"An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for CS: Could not load file or assembly '__code' or...

Web resources about - Web.Config and App.Config has key that refers to a file in a parent directory ? How To? - asp.net.config-deploy

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Researchers show how to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
... showed at the Black Hat security conference. The attack, called an SMB relay, causes a Windows computer that's part of an Active Directory ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...