Session Variables not retaining the values on page post back [:(]

Hi,

I have a application(ASP.NET 2.0, C#) which works absolutely fine in my local development machine. But, once its deployed to my QA server, session variables are not retaining the values on page post back Sad.

But a different application(ASP.NET 2.0, C#) hosted on the same server works fine, with all session variables retaining the values.

What is the work around? Any ideas appreciated Smile

Thanks in advance

If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants!
0
narik

HI, narik :

Many reasons will cause session variables losing in the runtime.

You can following this following principle to check out your settings:

Why won't my session variables stick?

http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/why-won-t-my-session-variables-stick.html

If i misunderstand you about your question, please feel free to correct me and i will try to help you with more information.

I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my pleasure to be

of assistance

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

If there is any question or the issue is not resolved, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved
0
Rex
7/13/2007 6:49:38 AM

I've had this same problem and solved it by assigning my site to its own application pool in IIS. No idea why this helped...you would think it doesn't matter...

0
ClaytonHoyt
7/13/2007 5:02:49 PM

ClaytonHoyt:
solved it by assigning my site to its own application pool in IIS

Hi Clayton,

can you please explain what exactly u meant?

If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants!
0
narik
7/16/2007 4:41:18 AM

HI, narik:

DO you have solved your problem?

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

If there is any question or the issue is not resolved, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved
0
Rex
7/18/2007 2:48:37 AM

Nopes Rex Sad

Its still not solved.

If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants!
0
narik

Retaining Public Variable values on post back
I am connecting to a database to retrieve some values based on user selections. I am using a dataset and storing some of the retrieved value in Pubic Variables. These values wont change unless the user passes a new request to the database in which case the dataset is filled again and the variables are reassigned. Public MO_AVG As String MO_AVG = ds.Tables("Results").Rows(0)("Monthly") However, I have noticed that the public variables becomes 'nothing' after a post-back event. Does anyone know how to retain these values until the user makes another reques...

Composite Control
I've just got put back onto my old project and I spent a few hours getting back to grips with it.  The main part of it is a Composite Control I've built.This composite control builds itself from an XML file. It might contain 10 drop downs, 5 textboxes, or even 100 radio button lists.I have a strange issue when the parent page is refreshed via. a PostBack.  ----I set a drop down's value to the 9th item in the list. I click a button on the page to refresh it via a PostBack. When I go through the :         public override void RenderControl(System.We...

Modal Pop Up pass value to parent page and Post back the parent page
i, i have created a web user control and use it as a modal popup where user can select a list of record from grid view and pass back the value to the parent page and postback the parent page so that the parent page can diplay additional info base on the value. I have try with the window.openener but it does not work.Does anyone has any idea ? My coding is as below Web control gui</P> <DIV style="MARGIN: 5px 20px 20px"> <DIV class=smallfont style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 2px">Public Sub Show()&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs...

Retain Values after Post-Back
I have to create a number of controls equal to a number entered in a textbox by the user. I created a web user control, which has a radio button list. Then when the user press a Submit button, I want to check the selected values of the controls created dynamically, but the problem is that they are lost on post-back.I managed with the aid of an article I read on the net (http://www.tgreer.com/aspnet_html_04.html), to maintain the controls created dynamically after post back, but still one problem I have is the values the user enters in the dynamically created controls are lost after post...

Retain values when posting back
Hi everyone,  I am using VWD 2005 Express.  I have called a page (i.e http://localhost:2364/DIZA/DoanhNghiep_View.aspx?ID=123) to display details of a company of which ID is 123. In this ASPX file, I use a DetailViews (Edit mode enabled). In Edit mode, I have a dropdown list (AutoPostBack enabled) which indicates the country of the company (ID:123). When I change the value of this dropdown list and the ASPX file is re-load (i.e http://localhost:2364/DIZA/DoanhNghiep_View.aspx?ID=123). As a result, the new value of the dropdown list is not retained. It's still the origi...

Session Variables not retaining values
  Hi!   I am using ASP.NET Session State in my web application, which works perfectly on my local machine. Once I upload the same onto the webserver, the session variables arent retaining their values many a times. This behaviour is very random and I am completely stumped.   I have initialized the session variables to their default values which is "" in the Session_Start() event in Global.asax.   The session state entry in web.config -   <sessionState mode="InProc"cookieless="false" timeout="30" />   Global.asax - protected void Session_S...

How can I display a session value in a textbox on the next page or/and use this session variable in my where clause of a datasource control?
How can I displacy a session value in a textbox on the next page or/and use this session variable in my where clause of a datasource control?  Can someone tell me how I can display a session variable from one page to the other page's control?  I am wrinting a session value using this on my default.aspx page :  Protected Sub LinkButton1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles LinkButton1.ClickSession("myKey") = 1 Response.Redirect("page1.aspx") End Sub on page1.aspx: <asp:View ID="view1" runat="ser...

session variable empty in post back
Hi, I have succesfully bind a datagrid with a in memory dataset .Later I save this dataset in to session variable. , I changed values inside the datagrid using dropdown controls . I have a save button in the footer of the datagrid . When , I click this button , the postback happens and datagrid  itemcommand  gets executed . Here , when I check the session variable's value , it shows nothing . Once in a while (3 times out of 10 tries) , session variable shows value , and the programme executes fine . Please let me know , why this strange behaviour ? Is there any curruption in IIS ?...

How Variables retains its value Throughout the Page
Hi In the following code i have used 4 sub rutines in that value of the variable "intPosition" get changed and that changed value should be retain throughout but here for each sub rutine call intPosition value is taken as 0. Sub rutines are:- FirstRecordDisplay NextRecordDisplay PreviousRecordDisplay LastRecordDisplay They are called on click event of the buttons First,Next,Previous and Last <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %><%@ Page language="vb" %><META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"><META HTTP-EQUIV="...

DDL Not Retaining Values on post back
Dear All,   I have an asp:repeater and in this repeater I have DDL on for each day od the week.  Each DDL contains data from an asp:SqlDataSource. OnClick of the update button should post the values into a table and does of sort.  Only it stores the first value in the DDL not the selected value.  Here is some code <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:GTGIntranetConnectionString %>" SelectCommand="...

Maintaining variable values through post-back
Hey, I'm not sure where I should post this question and I hope my question comes out clearly enough. Essentially, I'm in the middle of making an online xml document writer. Essentially, giving users the ability to write postings (forum, or news, etc) in xml and also an associated stylesheet. The problem is, once the XML document is created, how to maintain it and its associated stylesheet through server post-backs until the user actually clicks "Save to database". Envision that the user created an XML document online (somehow - details are unclear yet) consisting of: ...

session variables and go back to the specific page
I was using java script to go back to the previous page. <a href="javascript:history.back()">Go Back to Previous Page</a>But,if there is a postback ( update record) on the current page, it won't work..I need to go back to the specific page ( queue.aspx)  with the same stage.On the queue.aspx page , you can query a gridview to display the different results i.e the gridview returns ticket_id, ticket_desc, ticket_date As the default, the queue.aspx page shows all of the tickets when the page got loaded the first time. Also, You can query/filter down to specific result...

how can I retain the Value of hidden during Post Back
 im using JavaScrip to set the Value of hiddenf field. but after postback im unable to get the value of hidden field  http://dotnet.dzone.com/news/aspnet-client-side-state-manag-0 hope this helps Amit Malhotrahttp://www.learnlinq.blogspot.com/  http://www.dotnetcurry.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=203&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1Amit Malhotrahttp://www.learnlinq.blogspot.com/  thanks RicIshay This solved my problem ...

Problem posting variables back to previous page
Apologies for the long post. I have a form that takes some user input and asks the user to confirm it on the next page. On this page there is an edit button, which I want to send the user back to the initial page with the form already filled in.http://aloneinacrowd.co.uk/addShow.aspx is the first page - the details are passed through to confirmShow.aspx when the submit button is clicked using a PostBack. Now this page has a method (called from the Page_Load) which checks that the date that's been entered hasn't already passed. If it has then the user is sent back to addShow.aspx. This is wor...

Web resources about - Session Variables not retaining the values on page post back [:(] - asp.net.config-deploy

Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been a hard year'
... 41° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been ...