running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config

Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!

0
xpmage

The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.

So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config.

0
santa_1975

Need to put this in a web.config file. Transfer a collection from app.config to web.config.

Merging my web.config.mylibrary with the web.config
I see multiples web.config files in the framework 2.0 folder.  There is a way to had a web.config.mylibrary file that contains part of the configuration section.For example, I want that the profile section to be in the web.config.mylibrary file and when the web site will be load, the two web.config will be merge.  Is it possible to such thing ? Hi Biz, It is possible to-do this using the configSource property on configuration section elements.  You could then store different configuration sections in different configuration files in a distributed way.Here is a MSD...

Web Deployment Project - Config Properties
I'm using a Web Deployment Project to compile my web site. In the Property Pages - Configuration Properties - Deployment section, there is an option to 'Enable Web.config file section replacement'. I have this working to replace certain sections of my web.config for each build config (release/staging/dev). I think this makes sense so other developers do not have to remember to change the web.config file. HOWEVER, this only seems to work when replacing parts of web.config; such as appSettings, connectionString, etc. This would require me to have separate config files for each section and bui...

one application has many web.config files which web.config file execute first?
hi to all In my application i will add three web.config file which will execute first. how to set it. Give me a guidlines. by Devan.G Hi,You can't add multiple web.config to applicationYou can add single web.config to each folder present in sub directories of your applicationYou can override the web.config files using multiple config files.SatalajWatch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple I n t e r v i e w T i p s Hi, You can check this reference: http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Mult...

Should local Web.config overwrite Production Web.config
I have a hosting service that supporst ASP.net 2.0.  I have an SQL Server 2005 Express account with them.  I have just started using them and have written my first web app. I have read quite a few things but it is not clear to me whether or not when I copy my web site (using VWD) if I should copy the web.conf file or not.  My local app runs fine but after copying everything to my production web site, I am not able to access the production web site in my browser.  I suppose it may have something to do with the question I've asked concerning Web.config. Is there a partic...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

Isolating web.config from it's parent web.config
I need to run an application withing a sub-directory of another application. Basically, I need to install an old version of DNN as a subdirectory of a current DNN2 installation. I get a problem of conflicting web.configs. The subdirectory want to use it's parent directory's web.config file. I thought by making the subdirectory an "application" in IIS that it would use the web.config in it's own folder but instead, it is referenceing the web.config file from it's parent. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Thanks, Stef. Stef, Because of the hierarchical nat...

Read info from web.config, machine.config, app.config....
I know how to read info from the web.config, see code:  Protected path As String = "/Framework" Protected config As Configuration = WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(path) How can I read also the data from machine.config and other config files, like the app.configs?Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". ...

.NET 2.0 encryption web.config/app.config options?
Situation: 13 servers containing both ASP .Net web sites and .NET apps. Servers are broken up in Developemnt, Test, and Production types.Issue: Need to encrypt all app.config and web.config files.Currently we are using .NET 1.1, so I had developed (test working, not yet deployed) a shared (GAC) utility that would be responsible for providing an interface to allow the encryption (DPAPI + Second Entropy) of information for the developer to manually place in each web.conf/app.config file during development. The backend of this utility was referenced by the *.config files in decrypting values on...

Web.Config

Machine.config and Web.config
 I want to know list of settings in machine.config which cannot be overridden in web.config.. Thanks a lot in advance  I don't think that this information is specifically listed anywhere, but you can look in machine.config and look for: allowExeDefinition="MachineOnly"If you're running IIS 7 you need to also look at applicationhost.config and overrideModeDefault="Deny"...+++ Rick ---   Rick StrahlWest Wind TechnologiesMaking waves on the Web www.west-wind.com/weblog Thanks for reply can u tell me how can i look my IIS version...

App.Config/Web.Config
I have setup custom config sections. I need to know how to loop through a configuration group and get all of the config sections in that group. Thanks could you post an example of what you have Trey Exactly, your question is not clear at all. Regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

Machine.config and Web.config
Is there a way to get VWD to default to storing DB Connections and provider information in the projects web.config instead of machine.config? When I use the web admin feature it stores everything in the machine.config. The reason I ask this: I am developing the web apps local using my production DB server. I would like to just upload the site to the production server and ahve it work. We host multiple sites and I would like for all the site specific config information to be stored in it's own web.config. I know i could manually set it up in the web.config, but it would be nice to ...

Web resources about - running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config - asp.net.config-deploy

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Redcliffe rail line 100 years in the making to be running by Ekka 2016
Passengers will finally be able to catch a train from the Redcliffe Peninsula to the heart of Brisbane within six months.

Trent Cotchin confirmed as Tigers skipper for fourth year running
Trent Cotchin will captain Richmond for a fourth straight AFL season, with Alex Rance and Shane Edwards also added to the Tigers' leadership ...

Running hot: Why one-day cricket isn't all about power
The value of one of cricket's most underrated skills was highlighted in an epic one-day stand this week. Running between the wickets is an acquired ...

Time Is Running Out on Time Warner's Independence
Jeff Bewkes's plan to keep Time Warner independent could only last so long. That time may be about up. Speculation is back that Rupert Murdoch ...

Sensoria smart clothing reviewed: A ton of running data at your toe-tips
... socks, shirts, and bras meant for those who are serious about fitness. The $199 smart socks have sensors embedded in them to collect running ...

Clinton: Running against Trump would be "quite the showdown"
The Democratic candidate says the GOP front runner is "a lot more obsessed with me than I am with him"

Suicide is suspected in death of imprisoned ex-NFL running back Lawrence Phillips
Lawrence Phillips, a star running back at Nebraska and first-round NFL draft pick whose pro career quickly unraveled amid disciplinary problems, ...

What’s next for Texans running back Arian Foster?
The future of Texans four-time Pro Bowl running back Arian Foster remains unresolved with his status with the team uncertain due to his recent ...