Migrate Visual Web Developement 2008 Express application to Visual Studio 2005

Can some body guide on how to migrate existing application build on Vweb dev Express 2008 to Visual Studio 2005.
Thank you

0
faisallateef58
9/19/2008 8:08:36 PM
📁 asp.net.config-deploy
📃 12495 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1005 Views

I don't think there's a general way to do this; it all depends on if you are using .NET 3.5 stuff.
Why would you want to go backward?

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce
9/19/2008 10:49:23 PM

I am using. Net 3.5. Express was a free version but my company has 2005 license, that's the way i am taking.

0
faisallateef58
9/20/2008 9:40:25 PM

VS.NET 2005 is not designed to work with asp.net 3.5.  You'll have a great deal of problem if you use it to open a asp.net 3.5 project.

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce
9/22/2008 6:42:03 PM

I have the opposite problem (but related). I purchased Visual Studio 2008 but need to develop code for a 2.0 framework. I set up the project for 2.0 but keep getting assembly references for 3.5
 How do I fix these issues? How do I keep it from happening again?

0
jetleg