how to connect local access database using dsn

how to connect local access database using dsn

0
tomchacko

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\mydatabase.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=;

See www.connectionstrings.com for more examples!

johram

Connect Remote server MS Access DB with .Net using DSN
 Hi,Connect Remote server MS Access DB with .Net using DSN .My code is: String ss = "Provider=MS Remote;Remote Server=http://serverName:1433; Remote Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DSN=Test;";                   OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(ss);        con.Open();        Response.Write("Connected");when i try to access, i am getting the following error ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Mana...

Initialising and using a database connection using web.config
Hi All,I'm getting quite confused.Up until now I have used VS.NET to create my database connection for each page which I have created in my web app.However, I really need to store the connection string in one place (i.e. web.config) to make any changes alot easier.Can somebody give me an example of how to initialise this connection string and open the database connection using C#, then run a very simple SQL statement with 1 parameter, just so I can see the syntax.I have tried a few different ways but no luck as yet.Thanks in advance. In the web.config file, create a new tag <appSettings...

Using VS.Net Data Connection Tool to Connect to Access Dbase?
I am trying to use the Visual Studio.Net data connection tool to connect to an Access database on a network server, not on my client machine. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. Can anyone provide steps/instructions/example/link about how to do this. My Access dbase, named sample.mdb, is located on a server at http://IP/AccountFolder, so the complete location is http://IP/AccountFolder/sample.mdb It is not password protected, but access to the account folder requires a username and password. The connection tool seems to be oriented to connecting to MSDK on th...

Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MS ACCESS DB
I recently installed a Sybase ASE12.5 server. After that, I was able to set up an ODBC DSN. However, when I created a hot link from my ACCESS db, I was able to see the table list displayed. I then selected a table, and click on the 'OK' button, immediately I received the following error: Reserverd error (-7747): there is no message for this error. My machine is a WIN2000 machine. I have done the same thing for ASE11.9 and ASE12.0 and have never run into this problem. So, can someone ran into the same probelm and have solution? -- Peter Lo peter.lo@tra...

Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MA ACCESS db (WIN2000)
Yes, I have a table called 'function' which is a keyword in ASE12.5. However, in the database I tried to connect to, I have renamed the 'function' table to other name. I turned on the trace for ODBC and retried again. Here is what I captured in SQL.LOG when I selected the table 'account_ext_info': ============================================================================ === MSACCESS 448-414 EXIT SQLGetData with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS) HSTMT 07E41798 UWORD 6 SWORD -8 <SQL_C_WCHAR> PTR 0x0012B550 [ 32] "account_ext_inf...

Access Databases with DSN in .NET
Hi, I'am updating my app's from ASP to ASP.NET. In my server the databases are stored in a private folder, and the only way to open it is with a DSN. I'm used to ADO/OLEDB. How do I open an access database with a DSN in ASP .NET? Thank you.CarlosPires There is an ODBC managed provider. The System.Data.Odbc namespace contains methods similar to the other namespaces, but it allows you to use ODBC.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog Thank you for your help. I knew I had to use the ODBC, but I was having troubles on defining the right Co...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Database connection using Web.Config
hi, Iam trying to connect to the database by placing the connection string in the Web.Config file and calling it whenever i needs to establish a DB connection, but it gives error My code : Web.Config <appSettings> <add key="SqlConnect" value="server=local;database=HDS;uid=sa;pwd=;" /> </appSettings> aspx file : Dim connectionstring as string ="Configuration.AppSettings['SqlConnect']" Dim dbConnection As IDbConnection = New SqlConnection(connectionString) Error is Syste...

Connection to database using web.config
Hello, How can I give database connection string in web.config file and how can I call it on other pages of my directory in the same folder. Thanks in advance, Best Regards, Uday. In the web.config, you can store the connection string as follows:- <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="ConnectionString" Value="server=localhost;uid=sa;pwd=sa;database=Test" /> </appSettings> </configuration> Thereafter, you can retrieve it in your pages using the following code:- if you are using c# =============...

Cannot connect to the database after deploying using aspnet_compiler
I've developed a asp.net app using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. After tested ok in the Visual Web Developer, it is deployed by precompiing using: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler -v /test_src -p c:\vwd2005\test -u c:\test After creating a virtual directory for c:\test, I browsed to localhost/test/Default.aspx. The page is displayed ok, but fails on a function which required connection to the sql 2005 express database. Error: Cannot open database "Test" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for us...

Connecting to Microsoft Access using DSN
Hi! I'm using visual webdeveloper to make my application. I'm also using a microsoft access database with DSN. In the webconfig: <add key="connectionstring" value="DSN=XPTO"/> Note that my access database needs a password, that I give in the configuration off the System DSN. The problem is that in the webdeveloper everithing works fine... but now I have to test the application on a server, so I try to run first the application on my PC using IIS... http://localhost/myapplication, but gives me this error:  "ExecuteReader requires an ...

Connecting to a database using web.config
Hi all,I've been trying to place my connection string parameter to the web.config but never had success on it.I've got the following code below added in the web.config file which i derived from one of the posts here. Am i missing something or is there any other things i need to do?<AppSettings>      <add key="dsn"  value="packet size=4096;user id=slagan;password=abcde;data source=MCRIBS;persist security    info=False;initial catalog=ribs_csc"/></AppSettings>Please help! Thanks I always use http://www.connectionstrings.com ...

how to connect to database using dsn and udl
Good day. I want to connect to an SQL db using . I Tried it using oledb, but it doesn't work. -- dim con as new oledb.oledbconnection() dim com as new oledb.oledbcommand() con.connectionstring = "dsn=exer4;uid=sa;password" com.connection = con con.open con.close -- Also, how to connect to db using udl? I created a udl file that connects to an sql db, located in the folder with the aspx pages. In vb.net, I use application.startuppath to locate the udl file, however in asp.net application.startuppath points to another location other than the page direct...

Access Database connects locally but not on server
I have an access 2000 database on my projects.aspx page. When I created it in Web Matrix it worked fine. I transferred everything over to Visual Studio.Net 02 and it did add a lot more code but still worked. Here is the code. Me.OleDbConnection.ConnectionString= "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password="""";User ID=Admin; " & _ "Data Source=e:\html\domains\webaddress.com\db\MM1.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended " & _ "Properties="""";Jet OLEDB:System database="""";Jet OLE...

Web resources about - how to connect local access database using dsn - asp.net.config-deploy

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
... why do we see these humongous transaction logs so often? I am going to blame it on a “misunderstanding” of how Microsoft describes a full database ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database