how to access a website using a url name instead of giving ip address

 hi to all!

i have developed a web site using asp 2.0 and deployed it on server

now when my client want to access that site he has to enter ip address in the url like http://192.168.0.84 to access the website. i want to give them a url name like (www.something.com) can someone suggest me how too do this.

thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards

Ruchika Sharma

Pune--
0
ruchikapali

This is not a problem....You just need dynamic dns.....you can use a site like NOIP.com.....or another....  http://www.no-ip.com/   Setting up dynamic dns will allow the user to type the actual name of their site instead of the ip.

0
stevenlong
8/26/2008 12:31:14 PM

3 words : DNS (Domain Name System)

this explains how DNS works really well : http://www.howstuffworks.com/dns.htm

And then find out how to get a DNS name on google.

Rod H
0
RodrigueH
8/26/2008 12:33:43 PM

I would just like to add that you are using a private IP address. If your client is not on the same network then you will need to purchase a domain name and register it to a public IP Address, so that a user on the outside of your network will be able to access the site. If you are not using the IP Address that you listed above then you can simply purchase a domain name.

Jeff
0
jthomas8946
8/26/2008 12:43:44 PM

 no i am not using the above ip that is just for example.

thanx

Thanks & Regards

Ruchika Sharma

Pune--
0
ruchikapali
8/27/2008 5:39:39 AM

ask your client to configure IP address inside C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file like 192.168.0.84 something.com then browse something.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
0
deesh1531982

use ip address instead od url
I would like firefox to automatically always use ip address instead of url, like this: http://209.85.229.147/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official instead of: http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official Is it possible? please tell me how, and don't ask me why ;) orange wrote: > I would like firefox to automatically always use ip address instead of > url, like this: > > http://209.85.229.147/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official > > instead of: > > http://www.g...

Problem accessing website using ip address...
I ordered web hosting and was given an ip address until I transfer the actual domain name to the dns servers. I can ftp into the ip address but I am not able to view even a simple index.html file using internet explorer. In the meantime, it seems as if there would be a way to access the site via the web? This particular hosting package resides on a Windows server. IIS6 I believe. I also have a package with them on a linux server and was able to access the site using the ip address until the domain name resolved. I simply appended my username associated with the account to the end...

Using URL instead of IP address in Bordermanager Login
How do I change this: https://10.0.0.212:444/BM-Login/?%22http://www.godaddy.com/%22 To something like: https://secure.marcolinusa.com/BM-Login/?%22http://www.godaddy.com/%22 We are using BM38SP5, NW6.5SP6 Thanks, Christopher Christopher, > How do I change this: > > https://10.0.0.212:444/BM-Login/?%22http://www.godaddy.com/%22 > > To something like: > > https://secure.marcolinusa.com/BM-Login/?%22http://www.godaddy.com/%22 > > We are using BM38SP5, NW6.5SP6 The easiest would be to add an entry in the hosts file of the proxy f...

MySql connection string using url instead of IP address
Hi AllI have to use a server name rather than an IP address to connect to my MySql database.  Only problem is my current connection string uses an IP address and is of the format:  <appSettings><add key="ConnectionString"value="server=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;database=XXX" /></appSettings>Can I just do this:  <appSettings><add key="ConnectionString"value="server=servername.com;uid=XXX;pwd=XXX;database=XXX" /></appSettings>or is it more involved than that?  ThanksacceleratorWebRef.eu | Navito.co.uk | NewMobilePhone.net Okay, I'v...

Error when I use the name's domain on URL instead of IP
 HI,I have my ASp.NET page installed on IIS on Windows Server 2003. It works fine when I call the server through the IP, but when I use the name on the URL it crashes..anyone know what could cause that?  thanks what does "crashes" mean? What's the error? Odds are it's a DNS issue, but without the details we cant say. It sounds like your DNS entry on the server.Re-enter your DNS entry and then reset IIS. I had the same issue on one of my servers and I had to remove the dns, re-enter it, then reset IIS and then i was able to hit the site via the name and not t...

FTP replication using a static IP address instead of a host name
Previously I have been using a host name (xxxx.xxxx.com) in my FTP replication. This work perfectly fine. Due to certain circumstances I now need to use a static IP (i.e. 111.111.11.11) I placed this in the registry and now all I get when I try to replicate is the FTP dialog prompting for HOST,USER,PASSWORD,STARTUP directory. Does anyone have an idea on what could be wrong? I am using 5.5.04 build 1867 Thanks TPS Please post the debug output by setting the debug=yes registry entry (see help file) -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup TPS wrote in...

Managed server list in NRM using DNS name instead of IP address
Hi all. When I go into NRM and go to the bottom link and click on managed server list it brings all of my servers up just fine. However as I move the mouse across the server names I see the DNS name instead of the IP so when I click on the applicable server it goes to page can not be found. If I enter the IP address manually everything is OK. My question is where can I go to change the link from using the DNS name to the IP. Example: dmznoell.com is what it shows when it should show http://192.168.60.5 thanks Mark, It appears that in the past few days you have not rec...

Can we pass a URL containing an IP address instead of domain name to the PostURL fn?
Gee, here's an idea: Why don't you try passing a URL containing an IP address instead of a domain name to the PostURL function? If it works, then the answer to your question is yes; if it doesn't work, then the answer is no. >Can we pass a URL containing an IP address instead of domain name to the PostURL fn? On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:24:38 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Uma <ushanmugam@hotmail.com> wrote: > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Having a bad day there ...

Login link uses wrong address... shows LAN IP instead of Public URL
To begin, my boss made some changes that he cannot seem to recall specifically (and subsequently undo) when tinkering with bugzilla and apache. Problems were reported soon after. Folks using my LAN address (192.168.0.....) to log into bugzilla server are uneffected. Public users will get to our bugzilla index.cgi page without issue. The problem is that once there, all URL links appear (https://mybugzilla.domain.com/query.cgi , https://mybugzilla.domain.com/report.cgi , https://mybugzilla.domain.com/request.cgi ,...etc) to be correct with the exception of the login URL link. ...

Access restriction using ip address or MAC address
Here is my Problem.                  I would like to restric users access to my application if their IP address or MAC address is not a register on my database, I have already handle the database part but what i need to know is how to check the ip address and MAC address of client computers for incoming connection to my application server. Second question, is it a good idea to restric using ip address although i have another layer of Authentication and authorization process in place? Can IP address&n...

Secure website access or odd URL names page access
Name: Prasantha Fernando Email: prasanthafernandoathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Secure website access or odd URL names page access Comments: Sometime when you are 100% sure of the url (Work place/ in my case NYC ..gov website) there should be an option to allow access. New Firefox 3 simply blocks and doesn't load the page. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

What will happen if i use some name like test.config instead of web.config?
 Hi genuine guys. If i define other config file like test.config to store my configuration sections, then does it works. Is there any tweaks that i have to do to work it around?Cheers,troubleshooter Nope...it has to be web.config. It has a special meaning.All that glitters is gold-Only shooting stars break the mold. i mean. i have web.config in my app. also i want to add other test.config file.  yoy can create multiple web config files but in different folders, means one folder may contain only one configuration file, but nevertheless u can not give them any name except web...

Address book unable to give lastname, first name instead of display name
In Mozilla one can choose what the address bookwill look like. In TB this is impossible, at least to me. Is there a way to get into the "about:config" of TB and make the change. This choice ought to be in the options menu. Erik. Erik Jan wrote: > In Mozilla one can choose what the address bookwill look like. In TB > this is impossible, at least to me. Is there a way to get into the > "about:config" of TB and make the change. > > This choice ought to be in the options menu. > > Erik. <http://preferential.mozdev.org/>. Or ...

How to get Hostname, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name using Query
As we know, normally we connect to a sybase server by just identifying the node name and interfaces file and necessary properties, but currently I want to get Host-name, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name of connected server out after connection created. Does any one how to use query to do so? Does sybase provide such functionality? Seems oracle can do so... If there is no query, does sybase provides any API which can implement this? Thanks! instance name: select @@servername [assumes the DBA has defined a local entry in syservers] db name: select db_name() [can...

Web resources about - how to access a website using a url name instead of giving ip address - asp.net.config-deploy

Website - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a set of related web pages typically served from a single web domain . A website is hosted on at least one web server , accessible via a network ...

Motherfucking website
This. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Anonymous hacks Thai police websites to protest Myanmar workers' death penalties
The words 'Failed Law', 'We Want Justice', and '#BoycottThailand' displayed to protest controversial trial over murders of two UK tourists. ...

'Anti-IS group' claims BBC website attack
A group that says it targets online activity linked to so-called Islamic State claims it was behind an attack on the BBC's website.

5 Stunning Wedding Website Builders
... parents, friends, and even those who cater to the needs of the wedding. So, it’s obvious that one would also expect to have a phenomenal website ...

Website migration guide: a Google Analytics & Tag Manager checklist
Hopping on the bandwagon started by Stephen Kenwright’s blog post on website migration for SEO . From that you know that if a site migration ...

RANKED: The best and most ridiculous 404 error pages on presidential campaign websites
Tucked away in Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-Texas) revamped website , launched Wednesday , is a fresh 404 page that features the Republican presidential ...

Donald Trump campaign website goes offline
A New York-based hacker collective is claiming responsibility for the shutdown

BBC websites hit by cyber attack
Online services, including its news website and iPlayer catch-up TV platform, were taken down by a large web attack.

Top 5 Video Websites And Why They Are Important For Your Business
... or marketing agency. Video marketing can add a new element to your online and social presence, and using any of the following video websites ...