Having trouble getting SQL Server Report Server deployed

 I have a group project that we have to do for a local company as part of my MIS major. The problem is this is I'm pretty much on my own, as my professors don't know jack about IIS and SQL Server configuration and deployment. Anyways, I have Reporting services configured and initialized, and my sharepoint site can be accessed over the web, so I have something setup right. I am having problems though getting the report server to display anything when I navigate to its virtual directory on the web. In IIS it shows all the files being under the directory. My question is, how do I get it so I can have the reports builder or server web accessible? Or the conents accessible. Attached is a screenshot of my IIS manager window. I tried going on technet and the web but so far I seemed lost. I am running this off my home computer with Windows server 2003 Eterprise R2, and SQL Server 2005 Enterprise. I am hoping someone can see my problem, as it is holding up our interface development.

0
ptroy

 I looked at documentation online, and I think I might have narrowed down my problems, but I still need help. I tried running the stsadm.exe app to add exclusions in sharepoint for the report server, but I couldn't get the commands to run in command prompt like shown in the MS help. Also, I found out that in Management studio I can't login with my report server instance. I am wondering how I can get it to login under the reporting services instance. I am running everything on one computer, so maybe that is causing the problem. I also have server 2008 with sql server 05 running, and I was able to run a sepereate reporting services instance, using the same server. That computer is down because of a power supply failure, but in the meantime I plan to continue with the setup I have now. How can I get it to login under the reporting services instance? It is putting the report server databases under my regular sql server instance, so I don't know if there is some way to get it to read through this route. Anyone know what I should do?

Troy

0
ptroy
3/12/2009 9:10:45 PM

 First of all for expert help on IIS you can also ask at http://www.iis.net/

For SQL Server, you can also ask at:

To get the initial reporting services admin dialogs up can be difficult. At one site, I had to make the IUSR account a temporary member of local admin in order to get the security dialogs to run.

For Sharepoint questions you can ask at:

TATWORTH

Moving & Deploying my SQL Reporting Services Server Reports project to a rempote server
I created a Reporting Services project on my local machine,The data source, and database that the reports use/access are ona remote SQL Server (Lets call it Server XYZ) So here is my question. How shall I deploy these reportsto the SQL server Server machine "XYZ", from my local machine? Can I simply copy them to the same directory structure on the remote server that hosts the Reportingservices projects? Because basically my local directory structure for thereports mimics the location of those  Reporting Services projects on the server: C:\Documents and Settings\AV_KP_Admin\M...

SQL Server Express deployed to SQL Server Problem
I am developing an application using VWD 2005 Express with SQL Server 2005 Express. The application works fine on my development box. My production box is running the full-blown SQL Server with ASP.Net 2.0 and IIS. I'm having problems getting the database connection correct. The SQL Server on the production box does not recognize the SQL Server 2005 Express (SSE) *.mdf file. I tried attaching the SSE *.mdf file to the SQL Server, but I get an error message. Has anyone had this experience? Can anyone give me some suggestions. It seems like I should be able to attach an *.mdf file cre...

Deploy Sql Server Express DB to Sql Server Express
I have developed by webite with Visual Studio 2005 and sql server express. I'm trying to deploy my website to a VPS with sql server express running on it I ftp'd the App_Data folder to the remote via the 'copy web site' Everything seemed okay until I started trying to run more complex database operations using stored procedures and transactions. It appears that the schema is messed up because when defining the parameters for a stored procedure, upon ExecuteNonQuery I get the error that I've assigned too many parameters which I have not (since it runs fine on...

Having trouble getting SP from sql Server 2005 to work in SQL Server 2000
I am getting an error saying incorrect syntax near fIt works in SQL Server 2005, but I cannot get it to work in SQL Server 2000  The error appears to be in the section that I marked in Bold. CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[pe_getReport]  -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here    @BranchID INT,    @InvestorID INT,    @Status INT,    @QCAssigned INT,    @LoanOfficer nvarChar(40),    @FromCloseDate DateTime,    @ToCloseDate DateTime,    @Orde...

Deployment of sql reports on the server
Hi, i have created reports through sql reporting services on my localhost. 1- I want to deploy them on the web server. So that the reports can be linked with the web pages in my website. 2-How do i link these reports with my web pages.That is how can i view the reports when an hyperlink is click on the web page. Please help its urgent Thank & Regardsmukesh...

Problem deploying site developed with Sql Ex. To server running Sql Server 2005.
Can someone show me, or direct me, to a source,  that shows me how, and what to change,  when deploying a website from a development server running Sql Ex to a production server running Sql server 2005.  I can’t get the sites to run under Sql server 2005.   They work in Sql Ex. what must I change?  The connection string, to what format?  and what else?  I attached the dB to Sql 2005 and browsed the content in the Sql manager.  But can’t get the aspx pages to work on the server.   Help please The connection string format of SQL 2005...

Very Basic Quesion about creating and deploying reports in SQL Server 2005 Reporting services
 Hello I have a basic question about reporting services.Here is the situation:1. I created a report project within SQL Server Business Intelligence studio  ( the database I used for the report is on another server).2. The report runs fine within my project when I do a right click on the report and select run.3. When I deploy the report on my localhost.4. I get this error "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'." Any Ideas...Thanks  Friend, check this http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/archive/2004/08/09/1895.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-...

Deploy App with Crystal Reports Installed on Deployment Server
Don't think this a very unique problem, but I could not find the question in the forum history. I have created a dot net application, works well on my test server. Create the deployment app and all works well on my test production environment. Deploy the app to the true production environment and I receive an error for the "KeycodeV2.dll" indicating the dll can not be found or the I am using an invalid keycode. It turns out that my true production environment has Crystal Reports 8.5 installed. I grabbed the keycode from that installation, update my deployment project and r...

Deploying Reports on the Report Server
HiI have created reports using RS.The reports that are generated are build and deployed sucessfully.But when i run the reports through http://localhost/ReportServer I am not able to see the Report. A blank page is displayed with no error message.Whenever i change the Url to http://computername/ReportServer then also the same problem arises.                                          ...

Deploy Report on Report Server
I have some rdlc reports that I display inside ReportViewer controls. I can run them just fine on my development machine. However, I can't figure out how I'm supposed to set everything up when I try to deploy everything to the WebHost4Life report server. If anyone has done this and can give me an outline of what I'm supposed to do, I would greatly appreciate it. Some general questions to give you an idea of what I am looking for: Do I have to create a New Data Source on the report server that points to my MSSQL DB? If so, how do I point my rdlc report files to this report server data sour...

Crystal Reports .NET Server Deployment
Ok I made my aspx project, i made two reports where i include ADO.NET datasets and i follow the known procedures to create an .msi file,including the .msm modules of the crystal reports plus the CRT and STL modules.I execute the .msi and i install it on the server.Afterwards i run my page(runs fine) but when i press the button to show the report(which is converted to pdf) the page stucks and shows nothing....

sql reporting server deployment problem
hi all, i have a problem with sql reporting server deployment when i deploy on http://localhost/Reportserver Reporting Service Login appear plz tell me wat should i do ??? thanks in advance  http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/learn-sql-server/beginning-sql-server-2005-reporting-services-part-1/Don't say thanks rather mark my reply as "Answer" if it helps you ,Doing so u'll get points tooamiT jaiNC#.NET Articles hi amit i know how to deploy but the problem is that when i deploy the project on http://localhost/Reportserver Reporting Server Login constantly appear...

Web resources about - Having trouble getting SQL Server Report Server deployed - asp.net.config-deploy

List of deployed WiMAX networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Net One (Angola) (subsidiary of MSTelcom ) is deploying a nationwide project at 2.5 GHz; currently available in Luanda, Malanje, Lobito and Lubango. ...

4/08/2014 US Navy tests electromagnetic Railgun to be deployed in 1-2 years - YouTube
Full post with screenshots and links to this new US Naval Research Laboratories public release : http://dutchsinse.com/4082014-builders-of-h ...

Africa-led force could be deployed in Mali within weeks
Four-day meeting in Malian capital involving local and international groups to finalise blueprint aimed at clearing out militants.

Canadian soldier deployed against Islamic State killed by friendly fire in Iraq
A Canadian soldier was killed on Friday in a friendly fire incident in Iraq, Canada's Defence Department said on Saturday, in the first fatality ...

ACT crews deployed to help storm effort
Canberra SES volunteers are preparing for redeployment to assist their NSW colleagues.

US military personnel deployed to Niger
PRESIDENT Barack Obama says about 100 US military personnel have been deployed to the west African nation of Niger.

Security forces deployed in Baghdad
Iraq's prime minister has announced he will sue the president and deploy security forces across Baghdad.

Hand in your guns: Destruction vans deployed across state
Queenslanders have been asked to surrender their illegal guns under a three-month amnesty taking effect on Friday.