Deploy new website - getting error - Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IBindableControl' could not be found

This works fine on my development machine - I have deployed it to an IIS 6 machine.  I am getting:

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IBindableControl' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 492:        private static void ExtractValuesFromBindableControls(IOrderedDictionary values, Control container)
Line 493:        {
Line 494:            IBindableControl control = container as IBindableControl;
Line 495:            if (control != null)
Line 496:            {

IBindableControl comes from System.Web.UI, which I have declared in a Using statement at the top of the source file..

Line 1:    using System;
Line 2:    using System.Collections.Generic;
Line 3:    using System.Collections;
Line 4:    using System.Collections.ObjectModel;
Line 5:    using System.Collections.Specialized;
Line 6:    using System.Linq;
Line 7:    using System.Security;
Line 8:    using System.Web;
Line 9:    using System.Web.Profile;
Line 10:   using System.Web.UI;
Line 11:   using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
Line 12:   using System.Configuration;
Line 13:   using AjaxControlToolkit;
Line 14:
Line 15:   /// <summary>
Line 16:   /// Summary description for GlobalFunctions
Line 17:   /// </summary>

 You can see this error in action at http://mybenefitadmin.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

0
tweaver60

Hello,

Check if you have installed ASP.NET 3.5 SP1, 3.0 SP2 or 2.0 SP2.

Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet
5/1/2009 6:42:19 AM

Thank you for your response.  When I review Add or Remove Programs I have the following:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Am I missing a service pack for 3.5?

0
tweaver60
5/1/2009 9:33:04 AM

HostingASPNet:

Check if you have installed ASP.NET 3.5 SP1, 3.0 SP2 or 2.0 SP2.

I installed SP1 for 3.5 and fixed the problem - THANKS!

Tim

0
tweaver60

How to solve the error :type or namespace name 'message' could not be found
Hi, I am new to the ASP .NET, when I tried compiling a samll program I got the following error. Build Error "type or namespace name 'message' could not be found" How can I solve the above error?Ramesh Proabably that name space what ever you are using is not refered in VS.NET project references! That could he one issue! Otherwise, if you could paste that code probably I could help you!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti As someone already pointed out that namespace is not referenced by your application. You can refer to the namespace...

deploy error:Deployment Error Deploying PBDs To Host Repository Location 'n_cst_fhbp0400' EAServer error code: SystemException: CORBA::COMM_FAILURE, exception code: 7
Sir, I deployed my PB components to EAServer 4.2.3.There are over 500 pbl files which would be deployed to EAServer. Most of them were deployed well.But there were some error about last 10 deployed pbl files. The error message like : Deployment Error Deploying PBDs To Host Repository Location 'n_cst_xxxxxx' EAServer error code: SystemException: CORBA::COMM_FAILURE, exception code: 7 I ued command line to deploy my application. Ex: c:\pb80 /workspace d:\cdshop\cdshop.pbw /deploy /output d:\tmp\cdshop.out I think OS socket numbers are not enough. ...

WSDL Error in IIS CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BarcoInfrastructure' could not be found
I want to develop an application in ASP.NET v2.0 using Visual Studio 2005.The application requires two way communication (info and sending commands) with another 3the party application.I'm using webreferences (WSDL) to achieve this.Everything works fine with the ASP.NET Development Server & the IIS from Windows XP SP2 as long as I don't include the webreferences (WSDL) to communicate with another program running on my PC.When including the references, the visual studio compiler doesn't give an error, and everyting works fine using the Development Server. When trying to load the same ASP...

Class library: error cs0246 The type or namespace name 'DALayer' could not be found
 Hi, I've created in my black website a Class library with a simple class in it with one simple function that returns a string.Now i've build my class library and i've made a reference in my website to that library. The dll files are now in my bin folder. In the file default.aspx.cs  i have the following:  1 using System; 2 using System.Configuration; 3 using System.Data; 4 using System.Linq; 5 using System.Web; 6 using System.Web.Security; 7 using System.Web.UI; 8 using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 9 using System.Web.UI....

CruiseControl error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CommonInfo' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Having an issue here getting cruisecontrol to build one of my projects. I added a public class to my namespace to use in my other class, also in the same namespace. The application runs fine on my local machine and I am able to see results as expected but when the project is built in cruisecontrol, I get the following error message GraphMap.cs(165,22): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CommonInfo' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)GraphMap.cs(165,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CommonInfo' could not be fou...

Error "CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Data' does not exist in the namespace 'System'"
Dear all,the following web site ran for months without troubles http://www.fotovoltaico.sanzeno.org/StoricoRS.aspxSuddenly yesterday I started getting the error you can see switching to that site. I am really getting crazy wondering what happened, but I have no idea. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you in advancePierluigi ...

error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkCredentials' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(are you missing a using directive or an assembly referenc
Hello Everyone, This is my first post on ASP.NET. This is a great website and I have just discovered the forums which I am hoping will help me to resolve my problem. I have been developing in .net for about 9 months now and I am now just learning all the neat features included Visual Studio 2005. I am using the Visual Web Developer and have SP1 installed. My problem is as follows.I am creating a webform that emails the results of the input using the example found here: http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspx. The code looks as follows. using System.Net.Mail; protected voi...

Error: The type or namespace name 'DataReader' could not be found
In my DAL:using System;using System.Collections;using System.Data;using System.Data.SqlClient;using System.Configuration;using System.Web;using System.Web.Security;using System.Web.UI;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;public DataReader getPersonList2() {        using (SqlConnection conn = getConnection())        {            SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("PERSON_SP_getPersonList", conn); &nb...

Error :: The type or namespace name 'NorthwindTableAdapters' could not be found
 Hi,     I am trying  the linkhttp://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/tutorial01cs.aspx?tabid=63and downloaded the code also but when I build I am getting error. The type or namespace name 'NorthwindTableAdapters' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Documents and Settings\idl2248\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\XML\Master\Master\App_Code\BLL\CategoriesBLL.cs     Ravi |   Share Knowledge   |   Online messengers   I've just tried...

The type or namespace name 'ListView' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?) error
I have created a ASPX form with a ListView See below: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <asp:ListView id="ProductList" runat="server" > <LayoutTemplate> <h3>Product Listing</h3> <blockquote> <asp:PlaceHolder runat="server" ID="itemPlaceholder"></asp:PlaceHolder> </blockquote> </LayoutTemplate> <ItemSeparatorTemplate> <hr /> </ItemSeparatorTemplate> <ItemTemplate> <h4><%#Eval("ProductName")%> (<%# Eval("Catego...

Error Error:Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal' does not have a public property named 'AutoPostBack'.
I can't figure out this error...please help...  <td><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="chkApproved" AutoPostBack="true" OnCheckedChanged="chkApproved_CheckedChanged" /></td> Just as the error says, there is no AutoPostBack for the Literal control. Also, it does not have an OnCheckedChange Event. What exactly are you trying to do or use this for?Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog How do I create one? I am confused... How would you check a literal? What are you doing?Cheers,       Kevin JonesM...

error BC30466: Namespace or type 'OracleClient' for the Imports 'System.Data.OracleClient' cannot be found
Hi all, i'm a new here. i found that the titled error occurs when i browse the page. following is a part of the source: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OracleClient" %> <script language="VB" runat="server"> sub Page_Load(Sender as object, e as eventargs) dim OracleConn as new OracleConnection("Data Source=testdb;UserId=xxx;Password=xxx;") OracleConn.Open() end sub </script> i'm now using the oracle db 8.1.7 and the .net framework v1....

Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'datagrid'.
Hi, first post...I am fairly new to ajax and was looking for some guidance on my problem. I installed the 3 files (Ajax 1.0 RC, Toolkit and the Futures December CTP). I wanted to convert an exsisting and working .net 2.0 sample aspx page into AJAX to learn how the updatepanels work. The page contains a bunch of datagrids that i wanted to place inside "updatepanels". However, I keep getting the parser error "Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'datagrid'." whenever I place anything inside the panels (table, div, tr...etc). I am sure its a pretty strai...

Parser Error Message: Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TemplateColumn' does not have a property named 'template'.

Deployment error(Server Error in '/' Application.)
i have deployed website it giving following error. i have already set  mode ="off",but html pages are working fine  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to b...

Web resources about - Deploy new website - getting error - Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IBindableControl' could not be found - asp.net.config-deploy