Compiler Error: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DataAccessHelper' does not exist in the namespace 'BCC'

Hi All,
I'm new to ASP.NET and trying to create a Database application with MS Visual Web Dev 2005. In my project, I wrote a generic abstract class called DataAccessHelper.cs under App_Code folder which handles all the Database related work, so all my WebForm classes can inherit from it
and consume its functions.

Inside the VWD, when I press F5, it launches the browser with http://localhost:2739 and everything shows up as expected. However, when I try to access it through a regular port 80, I get the following
error:

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DataAccessHelper' does not exist in the namespace 'BCC' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Source Error:
Line 12: namespace BCC
Line 13: {
Line 14:     public partial class AddNewProgram : BCC.DataAccessHelper
Line 15:     {
Line 16:         int startTimeParam = 0;

Why don't I get any error if lunch via VWD (port 2739)? I don't even see a proj file to edit the build environment. I feel it is doing a lot of things behind the secene for development/debugging purpose, but that doesn't help me with letting other people to see the site. I have searched the web for this error without much progress, but I did get an impression that the helper class needs to be built into a
library and placed under application's root and "bin" directory, so tried, but still didn't work. This is the part where I'm very confused, I feel I need to do some reading to how ASP build process work in genereal, any link I should go?

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

0
SpartanEddie

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'UChat' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'Chat' (are you missing an assembly reference?)  suggest the above error   i am having Global.asax file and codebehind Global.asax.cs under App_code folder..in my local system it working fine but  when i copy paste the code in server it showing the error ...  Hi, senthil_os: Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Global' does not exist in the namespace 'Chat' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I ...

Error "CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Data' does not exist in the namespace 'System'"
Dear all,the following web site ran for months without troubles http://www.fotovoltaico.sanzeno.org/StoricoRS.aspxSuddenly yesterday I started getting the error you can see switching to that site. I am really getting crazy wondering what happened, but I have no idea. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you in advancePierluigi ...

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Anyone get this, i added system.windows.form to my references in my project and still get this... CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Line 3: using System.Collections; Line 4: using System.ComponentModel; Line 5: using System.Windows.Forms; //ERROR Line 6: using System.Data; Line 7: You're compiling from the command line, right? You have to add a reference to the System.Windows.Forms.dll to the compile line, using the /r switch. Eno...

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?) #2
I included the <%@ import Namespace="System.Windows" %> directive in the code file, but for some reason I'm getting this error. I know it's an issue of assembly referencing and I can solve this in VS.NET but I don't know how to reference it right in WebMatrix. Is it true that all I have to do is include the above aforementioned directive in my code page and I'm set to go or do I need to do some configuration work? Help... Anyone... Please......

The type or namespace name 'Configuration' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web'
Hi,  I'm trying to use the the System.Web.Configuration namespace but keep getting this error:   The type or namespace name 'Configuration' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)   Do you have any idea what could be the reason? Hi,You need to add System.Configuration DLL via "Add Reference" dialog box. Right click References and select Add Reference, then select System.Configuration under the .NET tab.Hope this helps,Vivek Social Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community...

The type or namespace name 'SqlServer' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data'
Hi, I have created a .net class library and i include the namespace : using System.Data.SqlServer but when i build my .net class library i get the folowing error: The type or namespace name 'SqlServer' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    your help is highly appreciated Best regards System.Data.SqlClient not System.Data.SqlServerArticles and news on ASP/ASP.NETASPCode.net Thank you for the support I am Creating a Trigger using Managed Code in SQL Server so i create a class contains the following: using Syst...

The type or namespace name 'HttpContext' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web'
Hi thereI've created a wee class library with which to create a dll used by my web app. A class in the library needs to use System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath in order to get the physical location of a file regardless of where the application currently is.When I'm coding the class, Intellisense tells me that System.Web only has three members: AspNetHostingPermissionAspNetHostingPermissionAttributeAspNetHostingPermissionLevelI ignore it and type in the rest of the 'MapPath' stuff, but when I build the library I get the error I've used as the title of this thread...

The type or namespace name 'ListView' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI.WebControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?) error
I have created a ASPX form with a ListView See below: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <asp:ListView id="ProductList" runat="server" > <LayoutTemplate> <h3>Product Listing</h3> <blockquote> <asp:PlaceHolder runat="server" ID="itemPlaceholder"></asp:PlaceHolder> </blockquote> </LayoutTemplate> <ItemSeparatorTemplate> <hr /> </ItemSeparatorTemplate> <ItemTemplate> <h4><%#Eval("ProductName")%> (<%# Eval("Catego...

The type or namespace name 'OracleClient' does not exist in the class or namespace 'System.Data'
I am using notepad to code my ASP.NET pages. Line 3: using System.Data.OleDb; Line 4: using System.Web; Line 5: using System.Data.OracleClient; Line 6: Line 7: public class OConn .. .. .. Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Oracle8.cs Line: 5 I know if I precompile the *.dll in my *.aspx page, it will work (<%@ Page language="c#" CompilerOptions=/R:"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\System.Data.OracleClient.dll" Debug="true"%>). But i do not know the equivalent solution to implement in a *.cs file. Please ...

The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 Hi everybody,I have a Web app project that uses Linq. I am receiving the following error:The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?)in the line:using System.Data.Linq;The reference points to the correct file and in other projects everything is fine. the projects builds successfully and gives this error right after that.If someone has an idea what is happening or some previous experience with such an error - please.Thank you in advance.  Bulgaria Did you install Linq on the server? Jef...

The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Hello, I am trying to add ASP.NET AJAX functionality to an existing project. Here's what I did: I have downloaded and installed the AJAX executable from here: http://ajax.asp.net/ I have done an iisreset I have opened my existing project and modified the Web.config using this guide: http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx I opened my MasterPage and I added <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> just below the form-tag Whenever I try to build, I get this error: Error 36 The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the nam...

The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the namespace 'YASUTech.QRDN.WebEditor' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Hi,I am getting the following error message - "The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the namespace 'YASUTech.QRDN.WebEditor' (are you missing an assembly reference?) " - when I try to build the web application I had migrated from VS2003 to VS2005.--------------------------------------- In the web application i had created using 1.1 Framework I had created a folder - "Core" - which contained 2 web pages and one class file.The following occured when I migrated by making use of the Conversion Wizard - 1. A folder "Core" was create...

[Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]
Hi I'm trying to use the [Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]  in my web service, but when I compile I receive the following error message: Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Web' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! RegardsEdward Hi, the correct namespace is System.Web.Script.Services.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action If like me and you watched Joe Stagners terrific video "How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbac...

Web resources about - Compiler Error: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DataAccessHelper' does not exist in the namespace 'BCC' - asp.net.config-deploy