asp .net 2.0 web app: building and deploying (32bit vs 64bit), web services

  Is there a difference in creating/building an asp .net web application in a 32 bit environment vs. a 64bit, in particular in terms of then deploying it to a 32bit or 64bit server?  Are there issues with web services to be considered?  Or is it all one and the same?

0
newbieAl

I'm developing on a 32bits machine and deploying on 64bits server without problem. The Framework takes care or handling the 32bits/64bits situation.

Added ref: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/whatsnew.aspx

64-Bit Support. ASP.NET 2.0 is now 64-bit enabled, meaning it can take advantage of the full memory address space of new 64-bit processors and servers. Developers can simply copy existing 32-bit ASP.NET applications onto a 64-bit ASP.NET 2.0 server and have them automatically be JIT compiled and executed as native 64-bit applications (no source code changes or manual re-compile are required).

amensi
3/5/2008 3:25:56 AM

very good, thank you!

0
newbieAl

Web service deployment
I'm having a problem deploying a web service.  I have a .Net 2.0 web service that I am trying to deploy to a remote server.  We are running IIS 5.2 on the server. We ran the install to put the 2.0 framework on the remote server, and this worked fine.  I deployed the application to the web server and everything transfered properly.  All of the classes and other files are on the remote server in the proper place. When I try to access the web service I get the following error: Unrecognized configuration section 'connectionStrings' If I comment out the ConectionStrings ...

Deploying VS.NET 2005 Crystal on a Web Server for Web App
Can someone confirm when/where the Crystal for VS.NET 2005 Merge Modules will be available?Secondarily.. I am wanting to deploy to a web server and with VS.NET 2003 v (and VS.NET 2002 version), I had to use the merge modules to be able to enter in our product key otherwise we had licensing issues.I just read a post that seemed to imply that this may not be needed with VS.NET 2005 version.. is that so?I am able to create a installation package by choosing Crystal as a prerequisite in the VS.NET 2005 setup project, but that seems more like the thing we would do if we were shipping out a WinFor...

problem deploying .net 2.0 web service
pulling my hair out on this one.  i am having trouble getting a .net 2.0 web service to deploy to a machine doing just the default hello world i get resource is not available -- asmx files map to asp .net 2.0, ive ran aspnet_regiis -i  Ive set it up as application, changed it to .net 2.0 and i get   Server Error in '/WebSite5' Application. The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review ...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

Trying to deploy .NET 2.0 web app with UIP
Hi all,I have a web application that has been developed in .NET 2.0 Beta 2. It uses the UIP and despite some tweaking works in our development environment.I have since deployed it to our UAT environment and as soon as you try to use it you get a "Cannot find server" error. Has anyone been able to deploy a project like this and what did you have to do to get it to work?Thanks,J...

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

Can I deploy a VS 2008 web project on a windows server running .NET framework 2.0
Is it possible for me to deploy a VS 2005 web-project  on a server running .NET 2.0? We have a vendor developed and supported web based e-learning service and was wondering if I can deploy in-house customization on their server. I have VS2008 and VS2003 development environment. Do not want 2003 and not sure of 2008 ?Thanks  In VS2008 select the Project Properties. Within there you will find an advanced option to specify the Target version, select 2.0 and publish.  That was quick. Thanks Curt.I will try this ...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Deploy an Ajax 2.0 net 3.5 web app developed on vista vs2008 to 2003 server
Hi I have an app which works fine in the dev environment on vista. I am trying to deploy it to 2003 server. Just simply adding a deployment project gives a xcopy which errors: Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'. Can someone please point me to a link which goes through the steps necessary to get the deployment to include the ajax library? thanks Hi ExGliderPilot When we deploy the ASP.NET AJAX website to web server, we need to install the AJAX runtime which names System.Web.Extensions to the production server's GAC, and please take notice of the version of System.Web.Ex...

.NET 2.0 encryption web.config/app.config options?
Situation: 13 servers containing both ASP .Net web sites and .NET apps. Servers are broken up in Developemnt, Test, and Production types.Issue: Need to encrypt all app.config and web.config files.Currently we are using .NET 1.1, so I had developed (test working, not yet deployed) a shared (GAC) utility that would be responsible for providing an interface to allow the encryption (DPAPI + Second Entropy) of information for the developer to manually place in each web.conf/app.config file during development. The backend of this utility was referenced by the *.config files in decrypting values on...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Web resources about - asp .net 2.0 web app: building and deploying (32bit vs 64bit), web services - asp.net.config-deploy

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...