Could not load file or assembly 'FredCK.FCKeditorV2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

i have developed an asp.net application.. in that im using FCKEditor to edit contents on my website dynamically.. i have added reference (.dll) file to the bin directory in my web application. it works fine in my local machine.. The Editor is diaplaying and i can able to modify my content. But in server its showing the following error.. Could not load file or assembly 'FredCK.FCKeditorV2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="admin.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="cmsaboutus.aspx.cs"

Inherits="Admin_cmsaboutus" Title="About Us" %>

<%@ Register Src="../Controls/CMSlinks.ascx" TagName="Control" TagPrefix="fl1" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" %>

 For ur reference.. inside my web application i have placed a folder named "FCKeditor"

Adarsh biyar
0
adarsh
12/10/2008 8:33:29 AM
asp.net.component-discussions 1793 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you sure that you have done a full site sync to your testing server?

Check the contents of the bin directory to make sure its there.

0
rtpHarry
12/10/2008 10:10:41 AM

So I just ran into this exact same issue. The project was working fine and all of a sudden it stopped building because it "Could not load file or assembly 'FredCK.FCKeditorV2'".  I am not sure what happened to my solution, but it some how got corrupt.  So the way that I fixed this was....

 -- Make a backup copy of your solution and website before deleting!!

1. Created a new website directory and copied all of my files into the new directory.

2. Deleted the solution file from the file system.

3. Deleted the old website directory.

4. Open Visual Studio and then File - Open Website.  Here I opened the new website folder that I created.

5. Rebuild the solution.  For whatever reason... I am not sure this allowed my project to build properly.

Good Luck!

- John
Donovan Creative Solutions, LLC
0
donovanj_29

IIS + .NET 3.5 Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 Ok folks I need some help here. I have MS Server 2003 with IIS installed. Frameworks 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 installed. The server has VS 2008 Web Developer installed because I am developing on it remotely. When I run the web site from inside VS everything is fine. I created a new website in IIS (named Intranet) and set it to run on Framework 2.0 and set the path to the root folder of the site (D:\Intranet). I also confirmed that VS was building for framework 3.5. When I open Internet Explorer on the server and go to http://localhost/Intranet I get the following error: "Could not ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using Visual Studio 2008.  I have installed AJAX and have the ajaxToolkit.dll within my bin folder.  I am able to drag all the AJAX items into my page. I am launching my Visual Studio application through a URL which is hosted on a web server.  My web.config file is not within the solution but within the root of the folder. I get the following error: Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Ive just started to transfer the website to the server and i keep getting this error "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." It works fine in VS, and the AjaxControlToolkit.dll is in the bin directory.  Ive added the assembly reference to the config:<controls> <add tagPrefix="AtlasControl" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" /></controls> Any suggestions?      I'd guess that maybe the web server doesn't have ASP.NET A...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi,How do you install the ajax control toolkit on a computer that does not have visual studio or visual web developer installed?It is running asp.net and the ajax extensions appear to be installed correctly too. I have tested pages on my local machine, which has the toolkit installed properly (and has visual web developer installed too). However when I try looking at the pages on the server, I get this error"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"Do I need to register the assembly? How do I ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified #2
"Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"Here's the source code that's causing the error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" %> Line 2: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net.Mail" %> Line 3: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %> Okay, I have the dll's loaded and everything and I keep getting this error. I am trying to use the ValidatorCalloutExtender of the Beta. Any ideas?John WootonInspireMedia http://www.inspiremediablog.co...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
 hii am new to asp.net and asp.net  AjaxControls, pls help this error below. Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: [No relevant source lines]Source File: none    Line: 0 Asse...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 Hi, I am using Jasper.. I downloaded JASPER and the sample code from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=471BB3AC-B31A-49CD-A567-F2E286715C8F&displaylang=en but when  i try to run Samples.. I get the error :  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified i can find only System,Core under 3.5 version. I tried running the project from VS2005 and from VS2008.. still the problem persists....

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using VS2008 and .net 3.5, #. i m trying to access default.aspx in the browser and it shows the error as "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."   Also when i use any of the Ajaxcontrol toolkit tools, i m getting the these kind of errors. I hav copied the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and .pdb in the bin folder. but i m getting the same error. Please help me.  I will  be grateful if anyone can send me the co...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
I have downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit Website Project. I want to run on Visual Studio 2005. But when I run the project I got the error like  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified . </system.web>     <httpModules>        <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neu...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hello i am getting this error in my application...i used ajax in web site..please help me Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 30: <compilation...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
Hi, i copied the solution folder   and put this folder to another  computer and i try to run it show the error message " Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Please guide me very urgent.Regards,Kannandesikan You need to install the ASP.NET AJAX extensions on the web server. ...

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after uploading it to my shared hosting account (Webhost4life).  I get the error above.  The hosting claims they have AJAX installe...

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I am getting an error and I opened a post in the wrong area.  It seems more fitting here. http://forums.asp.net/t/1269455.aspx Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after u...

Could not load file or assembly 'ASPNetVideo.NET2.AJAX' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I have used AspNetVideo for window media player control that displays in the toolbox. I did everything that i wanted to and it's working fine in my local computer. The problem is it is not working online server. When I browse the particular file where media player is added it displays the result as; ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++  Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error de...

Web resources about - Could not load file or assembly 'FredCK.FCKeditorV2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified - asp.net.component-discussions