CodeSmith - Use or not to use

Of course it is a matter of preference, but personally I prefer to code our own template and dislike tools like this, like to do a quick poll here to know if many uses it, like to get your feedback on:

(1) Do you use CodeSmith?

(2) Why yes and why not?

ygor
10/20/2008 6:27:53 AM
asp.net.component-discussions 1793 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 No, prefer learning on my own.

Rod H
0
RodrigueH
10/20/2008 7:46:42 AM

 >(1) Do you use CodeSmith?
No

>(2) Why yes and why not?
Never had the opportunity!

I incidentally use ReSharper from Jetbrains, that helps tremendously - it is like intellisence on steroids.

TATWORTH
10/21/2008 8:33:15 PM

CodeSmith is a template engine. You simply just make your own template and go for it. Of course, there are default templates that you -can- use, but I find that pointless. If I want the functionalities of the default templates, I'll use a specialized tool. You can do anything with CodeSmith. Its meant for that.

If you want to do your OWN stuff though, CodeSmith is awesome, since the template engine is great. Another great template engine (though not great enough to get the tool if you don't plan on using the ORM with it) is LLBLGEN Pro. The template IDE is awesome (though the defaults are so good, rarely need to customize the templates)

0
shados

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

Activex Componants, Visual Studio.net and C#.net
As part of a university project i have to a create an activex componant that times the download of a file of known size. This is so that my website can measure the bandwidth of any client machine that accesses it.I am coding my website in C#.net using visual studio.net 2003, i have never used activex before and am unsure of how to link my web site to an activex componant let alone code the activex componant.Below i have wrote an algorithm of what i believe the activex componant will do. I am unsure of whether this is correct.Start downloadStart timerError = Falsewhile error = false &nbs...

Help, How to install a component to the VS .NET Component list?
HI, I have a problem now, I has just completed a ASP.NET control and now my objective is to create a setup package to install it to VS Toolbox and VS .NET Component list. I already had a solution for toolbox but I can't find any related information about .NET Component list (it's needed when developer wants to add my component from .NET Component list).Please help me!NOTE: I already had EvnDTE.dll and EnvDTE8.dll components to work with VS.Dang, ThangDang. MCSD,MCDBA,MCTS,ITProject+,PMP There is a free tool you can use to do that http://www.issoft.eu/component_installer...

Innovation to ADO.NET
Matisse Software Inc. provides its native ADO.NET Data provider for Matisse 6.0, the Database for .NET. Matisse Software has pushed the envelope of Microsoft ADO.NET architecture and extended it into a powerful Object Access Services component for .NET. Matisse’s extension of ADO.NET demonstrates that ADO.NET can evolve beyond the Microsoft architecture to benefit .NET developers. Unlike the standard ADO.NET data provider, which returns data in a table format to integrate seamlessly with relational products, Matisse has extended the ADO.NET architecture to return data in an object format....

.NET component?
I'm fairly new to .NET and have a question regarding its functionality.  I have an aspx page in which the user must enter input into a textbox.  In code-behind I will retrieve other data based on the choice they make.  They will then click an ADD button.  What I would like is for this data to be displayed out to the user for them to see.  They then can enter another entry into the textbox and click ADD, and the retrieved info will be appended to the previous displayed data.  The user can ADD info as many times as they want, and a list will be generated. For...

.NET components
Hello, Currently our company is using Borland Delphi 7.0 for several in-house programs. We have built a lot of them using custom-components, and in order to migrate to Visual Studio, I would need to find some components (preferrably free) that could perform the following tasks. I realize that some of these are built into Visual Studio, but if you know of any components, please post them here. various networking utilities including sending emailstoring data in temporary memory (system)spellcheckerimporting data from various sources (xls, dbf, csv, txt, etc)exporting data to...

[Hot Discussion] VB.NET vs. C#.NET by performance
Which one have the much better performance? Which one is the best?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com Hmmm, the discussion doesn't appear very hot. By the way, the answer is its all personal taste, give or take a few things that aren't important.Thanks, Paul Wilson, ASPInsider, MC**For the best .NET code, examples, and tools, visit:WilsonDotNet.com, WilsonWebPortal.com, ORMapper.net I'...

Components in Components
I'm finishing up on a component that I've been creating at run-time but thought I'd go ahead and compile it and add it to my palette. The component contains a number of TPersistent components and a couple of TComponents. It's working well, and it compiles OK, but in the Object Inspector each of the TComponent properties has a drop-down control next to it, as if I was supposed to pick a component from a list. What is going on with this? Do I need to define the owner differently, or specify a parent-lik e object? I'd rather it just list the name of the class, like how i...

.net components??
Been trying to figure the .Net component model......as we are building a .net (asp.net, vb.net) web application... Is it all about Com+? What is the product to host these distributed components? Do I need biztalk, or is the application serer built into Win2003?     COM is a way to make your interfaces so that they can be used in a decent fasion. .NET components can be built using the same standards. But there is much more to .NET than just .NET Components and the distributed architectures of the past that were built using COM / DCOM can be done today using Web Service...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

SpreadsheetGear for .NET Release Candidate, a royalty free Microsoft Excel spreadsheet component for the Microsoft .NET Framework, is available for download.
9/12/2005 - SpreadsheetGear for .NET is a royalty free Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheet component built by industry veterans for the Microsoft .NET Framework. SpreadsheetGear for .NET provides .NET Framework developers the tool they need to leverage the existing skills of Excel users by allowing these users to design reports, specify business rules, set up complex calculations and provide tables of data in a form in which they are both knowledgeable and comfortable. SpreadsheetGear for .NET features the fastest spreadsheet calculation engine available. All of Excel's financial, date, ...

[*]Nevron Chart for .NET wins the best Charting and Graphing Component for .NET of MSD2D.com 2005 Readers Choice Award
June 3, 2005 – Lake Forest, CA. – MSD2D, a resource for the Microsoft Exchange community, announced today that Nevron Chart for .NET was selected as the 2005 winner in the .Net Components – Charting and Graphing category of the MSD2D People’s Choice Awards.   “We are very proud that Nevron Chart for .NET wins this year’s award. The new version once again proved our commitment to provide developers worldwide with the most advanced charting technology” says Ivo Milanov, CTO of Nevron LLC. “The combination of GDI+ rendering with image filters and OpenGL is a unique advantage, which ...

accessing .net components
Hi I have tried to acces the .net component from power builder.I am bit successful in creating instances in OLEObject. but when i tried to access any property or function it throws error saying error calling the unavialble fucntion. I tried it in both ways. oleobj.property and oleobj.object,property Could any one help me to get accessing the .net componet functions. Thanks & Regards Rajesh Have you created COM wrapper for the .NET component? How exactly are you instantiating the OLEObject and what does your ConnectToNewObject() call look like? Are you...

Web resources about - CodeSmith - Use or not to use - asp.net.component-discussions

CodeSmith Tools
Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to sidebar CodeSmith Tools Login (0) Home Products Exceptionless Generator Frameworks Online Store Company ...

Companies Directory - Job Fusion
C12 Capital Management LP C12 Energy C22 Tech C2Call C2Call GmbH C2C Link C2 COMPANY C2 Essentials C2 Search Group C2S Technologies ...

Holiday reading for a certain sort: If Hemingway Wrote JavaScript
Important lesson: don’t hire Jack Kerouac to code a factorial function.

Readers Respond: Confessions of a Demo Diva, and the Truth Behind the Dreaded L$1 Demo
Janine "Iris Ophelia" Hawkins' ongoing review of gaming and virtual world style Last week I made a confession, and asked you to do the same. ...

The Mistakes I Made in My Programming Career
... with the bland ArrayList . But using Arraylist, with casting and boxing all over your code is just painful to read and write. So we used CodeSmith ...

Meal, Ready to Eat - Cobolhacker
I know this guy who used to be in the U.S. Rangers. I don't know if this is a soldier humour thing or what, but he recently gave the missus and ...

DotNetNuke Modules – Data Access Layer
-*+On Tuesday, we started working on the code for our Data Access Layer by having CodeSmith generate some classes for us. Today, we are going ...

Hanselminutes Podcast 38 - Diabetes Technology
My thirty-eighth Podcast is up. This one is a little off the beaten path, but it's a topic that is near and dear to me as I'm a Type 1 Diabetic ...

Live from TechEd 2006 on the Hanselminutes Technology Podcast: Fresh Air for Developers
Scott hits the floor at TechEd in Boston to talk to any gurus he can find there.